• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guess that means no Sony at Wondercon either
hqdefault.jpg

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I have to wonder if Sony Corp is forcing everyone to work from Home as to limit their employees exposure to one another.

Discussion Guidelines

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Official Staff Communication
If Sony wants to cancel their public showings, that's up to them and this has no bearing on whether or not it was the "right" decision. People have their own opinions about this decision, and that's fine, but you do not need to be disrespectful towards each other.

We do not support xenophobia or conspiracy theories. We do not support anti-vaxxer nonsense. Not now, not ever.

The Coronavirus is serious, and this is industry news and people can discuss it as such. Let's keep this topic healthy and discussion grounded.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sony is being overly cautious, I think, but better to be too safe than not safe enough so no complaints from me

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
And would you look at that.. people already thinking PS5 is doomed because of some internal issues and not lets say...a highly contagious virus...

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
*people's lives are potentially at risk*
...BUT MAH PS5 NEWS(that no one was getting at either event anyways)

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
The fact that anyone is trying to make a connection between PS5 development and Sony's concern for their (and others) employees is really sad.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Wow why are people speculating this means bad news for PS5? Come on grow up. It's a wise move. Most events internationally are being curtailed and it makes sense. Covid is still early days with a lot of unknowns and even potentially there's evidence it can be airborne. It would be madness to risk spreading this thing like wildfire just for some trade shows and the like. Also it clearly has the potential to mess up new hardware due soon including consoles which is bad news for us but seriously we're talking about public health on a global scare here, that's the only important thing.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Better safe than sorry. Plus even if the PS5 is somehow delayed or they lose some mindshare it won't be the end of the world.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Some of ya'll are taking coronavirus way to lightly. It's declared a global health emergency by WHO and any effort to reduce travel helps. Medical staff are working overtime in airports around the world. My mother is an old public health physician and she and her team pretty much hasnt been coming home the past few weeks to fight the virus.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
You can't gamble with these things. Could be as well they can't get insurance. I'm sure the PS5 is fine but honestly, do we really care if we need to wait till next year for PS5 and XBSX. Some things are more important.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
People should really keep track of the coronavirus in the OT thread. It's starting to pick up steam in other parts of Asia now. Yesterday Japan overtook Singapore for the second most infections, and then today South Korea overtook Japan for the second most infections. Yesterday alone SK had 53 new infections.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
User banned (3 days): Trolling
Next gen delayed because of coronavirus😅

Meanwhile flu kills over 600.000 people a year.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
It's very short-sighted and childish.
yes I would assume it is actually incredibly disruptive and damaging to this years strategic decisions and probably very frustrating for people who have poured their hearts and souls into things ,,,,Sony should be absolutely commended for making the right decisions for safety over $