• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Just a little notice. The concern and FUD you are seeing around PS5 news lately is being done on purpose. Some of it is planned in a certain discord.

This thread heading to the dumps is apart of it i presume. There's this sad attempt to make PS5 look like it's going to fail and experience another PS3 generation.

That is all. Bye.

Shuhei Yoshida: "The developers say that developing on PS5 in very easy"

The former president of Sony Interactive Entertainment writes an article in which he makes public the first impressions of the developers on PS5. The next
You have some proof for this? Surely it's not just people curious about the tech behind a 500 dollar box they plan to buy?

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree with this.

If there is really any proof of this happening then show it so it can be handled by the mods. Because of a few bad apples it does not mean everybody is a troll.
Sound like the mods here have their work cut out for them, otherwise this will get worse as time goes.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Is this thread for real? If you have evidence other Era users are intentionally organizing to troll Sony threads as part of an astroturf effort in coordination with MS, please provide it to mods so they can perma ban the whole lot of them.

If not, stop lying.

That latest "rumor" shared by Rubino looks like what Matt said - at best, an exaggeration of some smaller issues. And no one should hold Windows Central in particularly high regard. They publish a lot of quasi-fanboy stuff, kinda fairy tales for their audience about how MS can win mobile or whatever, lol.

But I also remember two months ago when it was "obvious" that they were spreading FUD about PS5 being based on Oberon with 36 CU and XSX being 12TF, which couldn't possibly be true because Reiner and Klee had already confirmed PS5 had the teraflop edge. Sometimes they do have info. I think it's reasonable to evaluate their stuff on a case by case basis, not assume they're always wrong or shilling.

Edit: just to be triple clear, I would evaluate this current "info" as "garbage" since it's coming from a Twitter random with a suspect posting history.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
You needs to have a much more robust cooling system, an overall design that is able to take advantage of the highest speed when available but also not suffer when clocks are running lower, be willing to factor total power draw into your game design if you want to achieve the best possible results, etc.

And that, from your point of view, could increase o reduce the cost of the console?

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 will instantly load you into Menagerie, and then you'll wait 5 minutes for other 5 people on HDD to load in :p
Oh fuck that's true lmao

Well maybe destiny 3 when it's built exclusively for SSDs. The issue there would be, do they not do cross play? Have PS5 players play by themselves?

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
I really like DF, not a person that comprehends technical things, but they explain things so good that everyone can understand them.

User banned (1 week): antagonising other members, platform wars
The same four or five avatars I see in every PS5 thread stirring shit up despite being banned for doing the same in the past. The same fucking Halo avatars too. Sometimes I feel like GAF's way of heavy handed modding was the best approach.
Ps4 and Xbox One generation must have been very rough for them. On one hand they must be very happy that Xsx has more TFlops than PS5, on another hand, they extremely butthurt that differentce between the two isn't very big and it drives them batshit crazy; therefore, they act like this.
I'm just happy that both systems are very capable and represent bigger generational leap than we had last time.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably not my place, but I think mods should be stricter with FUD and catch obvious concern trolls. We're not even in the thick of the console war cycle and these threads are already landfills.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't online speed have a larger role on that game?

One of the first game i plan on testing is Prey. The level of patience to finish that game on current consoles is on another level.
I guess you're right.

Loading equipment, menus and gear takes forever now on ps4. One of the reasons I switched to PC with an SSD and it seems faster so maybe a large part of it is locally based?

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Reading PS5 threads is becoming increasingly exhausting.
Lots of "questions" about quotes that ignore the second half of statements, lots of tweets from random fanboy accounts, loads and loads of thinly veiled concern trolling. And it's always the exact same group of members every single damn time.

Rather than sit back and enjoy reading a fun discussion about tech, I get to only see shit that's barely fit for gamefaqs forums.

Enough already.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Its not a new-gen if sony isn't doomed.

I actually now think sony being doomed is a good thing. It brought us the PS4 after all.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Okay, I don't mean any offence by this, but why on earth do people keep posting Jez Corden in PS5 threads? As far as I'm aware, he doesn't have any special inside knowledge regarding PS5 (I could be mistaken of course).

Dude's a Microsoft guy. Nothing wrong with that obviously, but I don't think people here much care for his "views" on Playstation unless he's got some real deal info to share.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
It's probably not my place, but I think mods should be stricter with FUD and catch obvious concern trolls. We're not even in the thick of the console war cycle and these threads are already landfills.

Agreed. Although, I don't think short bans help with people who aren't inclined to change. Their childish behavior effectively shuts any meaningful and positive conversation in these threads, which is probably why they do it in the first place.

I don't go to XB threads, as I'm not interested in the system, therefore I don't need to shit on others' party, but I wonder if it's as bad over there?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Reading PS5 threads is becoming increasingly impossible.
Lots of "questions" about quotes that ignore the second half of statements, lots of tweets from random fanboy accounts, loads and loads of thinly veiled concern trolling. And it's always the exact same group of members every single damn time.

Rather than sit back and enjoy reading a fun discussion about tech, I get to only see shit that's barely fit for gamefaqs forums.

Enough already.
Some people are just not worth engaging with. The ignore feature comes in very handy at these moments.
I'm sure more concerns will come up, once the current concerns are cleared up.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Okay, I don't mean any offence by this, but why on earth do people keep posting Jez Corden in PS5 threads? As far as I'm aware, he doesn't have any special inside knowledge regarding PS5 (I could be mistaken of course).

Dude's a Microsoft guy. Nothing wrong with that obviously, but I don't think people here much care for his "views" on Playstation unless he's got some real deal info to share.
Should just look at who is doing the posting. That would answer your question.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Man I just want to see what this SSD can do y'all.

Fucking Destiny 2 with instant load times!!!!
Something I keep thinking about, which is admittedly a very obvious and basic utilization of the SSDs, is for the next God of War. Imagine being able to open a portal to any other realm at any moment, instantly, and just walk through.
And that, from your point of view, could increase o reduce the cost of the console?
More of basically anything increases a product's cost.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So Matt do you know any details about the cooling system? I'm really curious about that.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Worse than that, Jez has a history of supporting and going to bat for people who make homophobic and hateful comments, as seen here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/wi...ople-to-follow-homophobic-toxic-gamer.123121/

Jez should be banished to the nether and never spoken of again.

On topic: I'm so glad the DF team got to do this! I haven't quite finished all of the analysis yet but I appreciate the hard work that goes into these kinds of articles.

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Agreed but to be fair many xbox threads have same BS.

I can't wait until consoles are released so that we are busy playing instead of warring.
Where lol Xbox threads barely stay on the front page. All the Ps5 threads get shitted in by the same posters. If they were really that excited for the XSX then the Xbox threads would not have less than half the posts of the Ps5 threads. It's getting really irritating. But I gotta stop cause I got a warning for mod wining 😉

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are just not worth engaging with. The ignore feature comes in very handy at these moments.
I'm sure more concerns will come up, once the current concerns are cleared up.
There's no point ignoring anyone when all the threads end up being derailed and the posters you wanna read have to step back because the threads are a mess.

LemonSqueezy

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
User banned (permanent): off-site drama; antagonizing another member
mod edit: removed for off-site drama

Last edited by a moderator:

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Can we stop with the PS5 persecution posts? If you see real troll posts, report them, but these efforts to shut down any and all questioning or skepticism around the PS5 specs is not fair nor should it be validated by the mods.

Sony chose to make a GPU with 36 compute units, which resulted in clock speeds we've never seen before on a GPU. Sony then chose to go with variable clocks, something no gaming console has ever done before. Cerny made some comments on various topics that left some questions as to how various things were going to work.

No one made them do all this, and it's understandable that people are going to have questions, and doubts about these decisions. It's is not fair or reasonable to lash out when people raise those questions, or express skepticism in those decisions. Even Richard from Digital Foundry stated in today's video that we'll have to wait and see if Cerny's claims pan out. Everyone does not have to immediately express joy and celebrate Sony's decisions as the right decisions. Lets not lump together every question or skeptical post with a few jerks who truly just want to stir up shit.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Great video. I have to agree also with Rich that Killzone still looks incredible. Just watching the intro again I can't believe that was a launch game. If it released tomorrow it would still be impressive.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Can we stop with the PS5 persecution posts? If you see real troll posts, report them, but these efforts to shut down any and all questioning or skepticism around the PS5 specs is not fair nor should it be validated by the mods.

Sony chose to make a GPU with 36 compute units, which resulted in clock speeds we've never seen before on a GPU. Sony then chose to go with variable clocks, something no gaming console has ever done before. Cerny made some comments on various topics that left some questions as to how various things were going to work.

No one made them do all this, and it's understandable that people are going to have questions, and doubts about these decisions. It's is not fair or reasonable to lash out when people raise those questions, or express skepticism in those decisions. Even Richard from Digital Foundry stated in today's video that we'll have to wait and see if Cerny's claims pan out. Everyone does not have to immediately express joy and celebrate Sony's decisions as the right decisions. Lets not lump together every question or skeptical post with a few jerks who truly just want to stir up shit.
Oh come off it, how many times do people have to explain the exact same thing to the exact same people only to pretend they don't know what's going on the next thread?
And how many times do people need to post the same questionable sources and get banned for console warring before you admit it's a fucking problem?

Quit with the gaslighting.

Playboi Carti

Jan 1, 2018
Portugal
Mod edit: Removed off-site drama
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So do we have any info on whether the PS5 support variable refresh rates (not to be confused with VRS)? That is one my most wanted features for the system; it would make unlocked framerates more tolerable as well as help frame drops be more bearable.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

Question is one thing...

calling sony liars, or spreading this story that the machine is breaking down and sony can't cool it... is a totally different thing.

Please, don't act like its all the something and done in good faith. Cause f you do you are no different from them.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 month): hostility, conspiracy theories, platform warring, history of similar behaviour
I honestly think it's time now to ban Windows Central, and folks like Tom Warren, Brad Sams and Ryan McCaffrey. Maybe unban them once we know everything or at least can be trusted to not transform into console warriors at any sign of PS5 being a lot more capable than they anticipated. They aren't just out there spreading FUD, they are all thirsty to spread FUD and discredit alternate engineering solutions that perform as desired by developers. They are thirsty for these narratives to take hold, despite all other professionals reporting the opposite. We're past the point of negligence and their behaviour is now what amounts to unabashedly parading around platform warring misinformation as news.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Great video. I have to agree also with Rich that Killzone still looks incredible. Just watching the intro again I can't believe that was a launch game. If it released tomorrow it would still be impressive.
I'd really love to see KZ2 get vr version for ps5. One of the most atmospheric games I've ever played.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I honestly think it's time now to ban Windows Central, and folks like Tom Warren, Brad Sams and Ryan McCaffrey. Maybe unban them once we know everything or at least can be trusted to not transform into console warriors at any sign of PS5 being a lot more capable than they anticipated. They aren't just out there spreading FUD, they are all thirsty to spread FUD and discredit alternate engineering solutions that perform as desired by developers. They are thirsty for these narratives to take hold, despite all other professionals reporting the opposite. We're past the point of negligence and their behaviour is now what amounts to unabashedly parading around platform warring misinformation as news.

What the hell has Ryan McCaffrey done lol?

Good lord.