• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting patiently for the Guy with Four PS4s (formerly known as the Guy with Three PS3s) to make his glorious return with five PS5s.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I shake my head so strongly it'll fall off at anyone being bothered about the "premium feel", or lack thereof, of the actual packaging. Do you people have any sense of environmental consciousness whatsoever?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Super surprised how hyped both Giant Bomb videos are :) They seem to really love the controller and Astro Bot, and warmed up to the (horrible!!) console design despite it's size.

I love GB, but I expected a looot more complaints lol.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
4YsSFUZ.jpg

This was the one I was looking for to help me visualise it in real terms for my set-up.

I knew it was going to be big, but compared to a Pro, which I'm very acquainted with, holy shit.

I'll be trading up to the slim as soon as it's available.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I shake my head so strongly it'll fall off at anyone being bothered about the "premium feel", or lack thereof, of the actual packaging. Do you people have any sense of environmental consciousness whatsoever?

Yeah, the only premium packaging i have really liked was for the PSVR, and that was because there was so much stuff in the boxes.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I like that it has some weight to it. I might actually keep it vertical this generation. Maybe put my eventual XSX on the other side of the TV to balance it out.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
This in no way really matters but the box contents and how it's packaged is really barebones. The way the console is held in place with that egg carton like holder looks super cheap. Again, not an issue at all but doesn't scream "premium"

no one will care at the end of the day once they get the machine and tear into the packaging 😂

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This in no way really matters but the box contents and how it's packaged is really barebones. The way the console is held in place with that egg carton like holder looks super cheap. Again, not an issue at all but doesn't scream "premium"

no one will care at the end of the day once they get the machine and tear into the packaging 😂

It was pushed heavily as "sustainable packaging", FWIW

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I assume people aren't actually watching the video? The banner on the bottom is only shown when you play back the video that was recorded on PS5 when you unlocked the trophy. When you get a trophy live, you're just going to see a small pop-up in the top right.
Why? It's just a video of the seconds before he got a trophy, why would that be awful?
You don't see that banner during gameplay, only when you watch the trophy video back. Somebody in another video gets the same trophy and it just has the normal pop up in the corner.

My bad... I indeed watched it without sound and skimmed through it as I was watching it during my short break

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
For moment when I saw the opening post image showing headphones and camera I thought that the Playstation 5 included them.

Great to hear about the HDMI cable, I'm so used to manufacturers nickel and diming their customers in 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
My main takeaway from the unboxing is that the headset is significantly nicer than I thought it would be. I didn't expect the ability to adjust chat and game audio mix or the voice monitoring feature.

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
I don't even plan on buying a second controller but I want that charging base so bad because it looks like a tiny PS5

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed that so far, it looks like nobody was sent the PSVR adapter thingie.

Unless I've missed something. I was hoping for PSVR impressions when the backwards compatibility embargo ends.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am kidding I respect his hustle. His stance on social issues pisses me off.
I'm not familiar with that but for one of the biggest tech youtubers going I thought his unboxing was surprisingly sloppy.
Made plenty of mistakes and even the act of unboxing was pretty bad. Ripping the boxes and awkwardly pulling everything out rather than sliding out the inner box like most others did.

He's clearly more suited to phones and non gaming tech.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely reiterates how huge it is. I'm also a little less high on the design than I used to be. I wonder how it will look with matte black side plates and a matte black skin for the center part. I may be into that if they release something like that.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Really loving the look of the digital edition. I feel like they designed the digital edition first, and then they added the disc drive on as an afterthought. It's like the reverse of the Xbox One S vs Xbox One S All-Digital Edition
I'm the opposite. I think the DE looks way too top heavy. I prefer the disk edition.

SirNick

Aug 26, 2020
Not bored enough to watch these videos, so can anyone confirm if any coupons or vouchers included? I remember (select?) launch PS4's getting a PS Store 20% off coupon.