• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Not even gonna lie, I really dig the look of the headphones. Definitely feel like giving wireless headphones a try so I think it's either the Pulse headphones or the Audeze Penrose.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
That unboxing experience is pretty underwhelming all things considered. Just a plain box with the accessories and the big boy underneath.

I think unboxing for most folks is at best an annoyance that they want to get through as quickly as possible. I don't know anyone who enjoys the process in of itself, let alone makes a big deal about it unless it's some kind of pain in the ass to do so.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
the inner box should have been the retail packaging, tbh. The white box w/ the PS logo on it is beautiful.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
The Digital edition looks a lot better in video, I always thought it looked weird in the promo pictures.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The digital edition should really be the base version of the console, at least from a design perspective. It looks so much better.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any comparison pictures between base PS4 and PS5? Curious how they compare for my setup

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Gotta say from the leaks the Series X packaging seems better and more thought out. The PS5 packaging is basically the same as PS4 Pro but in a bigger box.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Gotta say from the leaks the Series X packaging seems better and more thought out. The PS5 packaging is basically the same as PS4 Pro but in a bigger box.

Yeah I'm kind of disappointed in that myself as well, even if at the end of the day it doesn't matter. The Xbox packaging looks more premium and I was hoping for the same with the PS5, especially after how nice their PSVR packaging was.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why everyone hates the gloss so much. The only concern I have with it is fingerprints but I like the gloss overall.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Has anybody put a horizontal PS4 next to a horizontal PS5 with the stand on for comparison? all I see are people standing them up for whatever reason like that was the way people were actually placing PS4's all these years.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK

"God it's huge."
"But better now?"
"It looks like a fucked up clam."

Today we can finally answer the question many people have been asking: Just where the heck do you put a PlayStation 5?
It's a far more cumbersome device to situate than any console in recent memory and it's been an interesting exercise for us at Launcher to figure out where to display and store this thing.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Um, I don't know what your previous unboxing experiences are like . . . but isn't that kind the norm?

Pre-order cancelled.

Well this is an unboxing thread so I am commenting on the experience. I know it is not a big deal and it doesn't change anything about the purpose and quality of the console itself, but looking at the last 1-2 years of electronics purchases, companies seem to be putting a bit more effort into the packaging and how each piece is unwrapped. This just has the system stuck between two pieces of cardboard/foam with a plain white box of accessories ontop.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Here's mine. I need a proper studio. With decent lighting.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Being an unboxing thread it's not a shock, but I didn't realize people actually cared about how objects in the actual box were placed as long as they are placed in a way that is going to protect them. Series X inside packaging definitely has a more "premium" look to it but it also is a big ole who cares to me. Both of the actual boxes of the consoles look great on the outside which is the only thing anyone else is ever going to see anyway.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2017
Prefer the cheap packaging myself. So much 'premium' packaging around these days, nothing but a pain in the arse to recycle. Feels like I'm paying extra to be inconvenienced.