• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I just noticed that PS5 console does not seem to have a name of it or a word "Playstation" or "PS" abbreviation with number engraved/printed like in previous consoles; Playstation/PSOne, PS2, PS3 and PS4, unless I totally missed it after watching several of those unboxing videos.

PS logo and word 'Sony' appear on the console, but not the word of PS5 itself.

I don't think they had enough space on the console to engrave it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Easy Allies:

Hands-on:

Enjoyed the DualSense/Astro's Playroom one. Lots of little titbits here.

Interested to know how the controller manages to actually replicate the feeling of ice skating with what they describe as like laser guided pinpoint feedback. What is actually going on in the controller to replicate such a sensation?

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Engadget...

vogue-this-is-the-most-ghetto-sht-ive-ever-seen-37273857.png

Ɔnima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I just noticed that PS5 console does not seem to have a name of it or a word "Playstation" or "PS" abbreviation with number engraved/printed like in previous consoles; Playstation/PSOne, PS2, PS3 and PS4, unless I totally missed it after watching several of those unboxing videos.

PS logo and word 'Sony' appear on the console, but not the word of PS5 itself.
Its says PS5 on the motherboard though. :D Outside just the PS logo and Sony.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
So I assume they're not allowed to talk about the HDMI cable or else someone would probably have mentioned something, right?
Then again, I don't think they'd send out 1080p cables to marketers.

I have the feeling that there might be a consumer version with a lower-tier HDMI cable and plastic foil on the console and controller?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

7.5 kgs the box is.
even with protection for packaging the packaging box got kinda battered somehow, so sad.
PS5 and DS are grey just like Austin noticed (this is good to avoid noticeable dirt).

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It's cool that they can get it to all the YouTubers right in time, even in Europe, but we customers in Europe have to wait a whole week longer than everyone else to buy it.

Still pissed off about this.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's awesome that both the system and the controller are covered with the PS shapes.

Deleted member 44122

It's cool that they can get it to all the YouTubers right in time, even in Europe, but we customers in Europe have to wait a whole week longer than everyone else to buy it.

Still pissed off about this.
well theres quite the logisitcal difference between a few dozen and a few million :P

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Seeing it next to the other playstations really gives context. Makes it more real somehow. It is big, happy now I will put my new tv on the wall. The ps5 can stand where my old tv stood.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017

7.5 kgs the box is.
even with protection for packaging the packaging box got kinda battered somehow, so sad.
PS5 and DS are grey just like Austin noticed (this is good to avoid noticeable dirt).

He takes out the HDMI cable and says deux point un, which means 2.1 but it looks more like he's just saying that...

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
The Burj Khalifa of consoles.

Really the dualsense stuff are exciting as hell. I hope 3rd party devs don't ignore it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone mentioned the video recording capabilities of the PS5? I'm interested in knowing what kind of video quality it has, since the PS4 recordings look fucking awful.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
well theres quite the logisitcal difference between a few dozen and a few million :P

Ok, if one single week does indeed make that much of a logistical difference in preparing several months for getting enough consoles ready (I'm not into this who knows, sounds highly unlikely but ok), couldn't they just do the worldwide release on November 19 then?

tenor.gif

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
People said that about the Switch HD rumble too tho.

And then you had it at home and it felt & sounded like a cheap mobile phone from 2002, lol.
I don't think that's true. It's only when the JoyCon goes full force rumble (which is how many third parties use it) that it feels cheap. When HD rumble is properly implemented and leveraged it feels great. Almost all of the first party games + Golf Story have me convinced that smart haptics can be a game changer. I'm excited to see how they use it with the DualSense.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Astro's Playroom is super-clean with nice shadowing and such which you don't really see much in platformers. Particles, texturing etc. is all top notch.
A bit surprised how well the next-gen graphics shows despite this being cartoony.
It looks pretty cute. Sony should give this team a chance with a full, non-VR game.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Well I've got mine out of the box... It's... Bigger than I expected...