• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
since there is going to be some 3rd party presence, is it possible they'll show the Harry Potter RPG?

No idea! My gut tells me that the only things showing up at this thing are exclusives and absolute head-turning bangers. Something on the level of FFXVI, for instance. Sony knows what they are doing. They'll most likely want to curate this to be cream of the crop.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Please just be games, no presenter, no OS, no hardware/DualSense 'features' none of that shit!

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I'm ready, Jimbo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
UnrealisticUnsungGyrfalcon-size_restricted.gif

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Nope. At most you might see the hardware and maybe the OS. But this is mostly about software. Price, launch date, and pre-orders will probably be in another month or two.
I would love to see them turn on the console, load the os, and select a game showing the speed of their SSD but I don't expect this on Thursday

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Please PlayStation, one more thing the end of the presentation and close it out with Knack 3.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I am just glad that ResetEra isn't criticizing Sony's decision to stream the event 1080p30 given the circumstances.
It's disappointing and you wonder why a company like Sony couldn't have knocked together something better quality than that but I'll let it go. Then again we've had a Microsoft showing and the Unreal Demo interview being crappy webcam streams from people who are rich as hell and could surely have a better setup laid out for them. Presume this whole thing is prerecorded and in the can so it's a weird one. Anyways 4K trailers after the show are a must.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
No idea! My gut tells me that the only things showing up at this thing are exclusives and absolute head-turning bangers. Something on the level of FFXVI, for instance. Sony knows what they are doing. They'll most likely want to curate this to be cream of the crop.
Cool. We will probably then hear more about that RPG later on closer to the launch of both consoles, I think. Thanks for the input JasoN!
Only 3rd party things we can safely assume are CoD2020, FIFA and Resi 8 imo.
Next gen FIFA alone is enough 3rd party to get excited about

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
I think the reason why the May Xbox was streamed at a higher fidelity was that Xbox wasn't as affected by the WFH situation back in May compared to Sony. What I am trying to say, is that the May Xbox event might have been produced back in April or even earlier, when WFH orders weren't as severe. Compare this with Sony's June PS 5 reveal event where WFH orders went into full effect when they were producing this event, and you can understand why some hard decisions had to be made...

Understand all that, but why 30fps? Why would working from home stop 60fps and 4k upload. The people putting this video together will have the very best equipment at home.

Cannot wait for the show, I think Sony have something special this week. Also fingers crossed for a 4k uploaded after the live stream.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't know if you can fill out 1hr of all games, so I expect to see a deep-dive on the hardware, controller and OS.

But no price and no release date.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you can fill out 1hr of all games, so I expect to see a deep-dive on the hardware, controller and OS.

But no price and no release date.
If you assume cod will have a walkthrough level as they always do thats a good ten mins. If they have similar for others that hour will pass super past.

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Understand all that, but why 30fps? Why would working from home stop 60fps and 4k upload. The people putting this video together will have the very best equipment at home.

Cannot wait for the show, I think Sony have something special this week. Also fingers crossed for a 4k uploaded after the live stream.
Sid literally said they will upload the 4k videos after.

Spicy Noodles

May 29, 2018
I Know this is gaming event only but I hope the ps5 support sony wf-1000xm3 it's ridiculous that the ps4 don't support them

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see Demons Souls Remake, by all indications it's going to be a technical marvel.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017

It's all well and good if you have great home equipment but if you have crap internet, it's going to take your longer to upload.

4k is 4x 1080p
60fps is 2x 30fps

That's going to increase the bitrate, and slow down iteration time.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
The Knackening begins!
Let's see if Sony can avoid leaks! (SH and Demon's Souls/Bloodborne announcements are just speculation at the moment).

Knack 3 will be the highlight.
Thank fuck. And Knack.
Knack 4

One ticket please, closest to knack
It's time for Knack 5 🙏
Knack 3 & Knackles time.
PUPPETEER 2
KNACK 3

ANNOUNCE THEM ALL SONY
Can't wait for Knack 4!
Can't wait for Knack SSD.
Knack 3 was the friends we made along the way.
Demons Souls Remake
Uncharted 5
FFVII Remake 2
FF XVI
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon 2
God of War 2
Knack 3
Bloodborne 2
SOCOM reboot

All this shit and more will happen and your heads will explode.
The remaining question is, do you open with Knack 3... or end with Knack 3?
What about Knack 3? You didn't forget about everyone's favorite, did you?
Oh man, just over 3 days until Knack 3 baby

My people!

Status
Not open for further replies.