• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
a019fd45872feabf8d843e9814abad905a4f0ada_00.gif

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised how well I'm managing not to project my personal desires onto this. Trying my best to go in with an open mind

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
If the is to be a new IP announced this evening, who do people think it'll come from? Just going down their studios (assuming it's first party) there doesn't seem to be many options:

- Naughty Dog are releasing a game next week.
- Suckerpunch are releasing a game next month.
- Guerilla are almost certainly doing Horizon 2.
- Santa Monica are probably doing God of War.
- Insomniac is a possibility if it's a smaller game and they've not been working on Ratchet. Presumably they're also doing Spider-Man 2.
- If Bend is doing it, it seems too early to announce.
- Polyphony is presumably doing GT.
- Media Molecule just released Dreams.
- Studio Japan is maybe the most likely to have something new.
- San Diego is also a possibility since they've been working on something new for a while now apparently.

I hope there's something new too, but I just don't see where a massive AAA new IP could come from unless it's a ways out.

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing will ever beat the opening to the original Gran Turismo for me (Europe). Chills.

Man do you remember scratching the paper or the disc in the riginal GT ? To smell the tyres ? :D
That thing was just aa small detail but seriously amazed me at the time.

On the intro front, I am more leaning towards the GT3 A-Spec one, the music was just perfect !

Edit : talking about the EU version here...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If the is to be a new IP announced this evening, who do people think it'll come from? Just going down their studios (assuming it's first party) there doesn't seem to be many options:

- Naughty Dog are releasing a game next week.
- Suckerpunch are releasing a game next month.
- Guerilla are almost certainly doing Horizon 2.
- Santa Monica are probably doing God of War.
- Insomniac is a possibility if it's a smaller game and they've not been working on Ratchet. Presumably they're also doing Spider-Man 2.
- If Bend is doing it, it seems too early to announce.
- Polyphony is presumably doing GT.
- Media Molecule just released Dreams.
- Studio Japan is maybe the most likely to have something new.
- San Diego is also a possibility since they've been working on something new for a while now apparently.

I hope there's something new too, but I just don't see where a massive AAA new IP could come from unless it's a ways out.

Not WWS, but Housemarque would be my guess.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
- Demon's Souls remake gameplay and release at launch
- Horizon 2 reveal
- Insomniac game reveal

Give me those and everything else is just a bonus.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
We've had a bit of new recently though - Days gone, GoT, Astrobot. I'd like another one but wouldn't spit on them if they didn't show one for launch (although thats also a good time to have one)
It's true, I just think the start of a generation is a good time to show something brand new. It doesn't even need to be a launch game, just something that does something new and cool to get people hyped, like The Order this gen.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Housemarque is a good shout, and I also forgot about Pixelopus. Hasn't RAD been doing VR stuff these days?
Concrete Genie like just came out at the end of last year, too soon for Pixelopus. Yeah, RAD is making Lone Echo 2 atm I just meant that size of studio as an example because Sony announced The Order at their PS4 launch E3 conference.

Deleted member 65994

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Long history of low-effort trolling. History of infractions for the same behaviour.
Xbox'ers looking at playstation'ers after the event

Jimbo_watches.gif

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Former Housemarque community manager:

Tonight we might see something that I have tested, and if everything went well it will be really cool.

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
I'm just glad I have work and Divinity Original Sin 2 to keep my mind occupied whilst I await the (hopeful) goodness this evening.

Please satiate my Souls addiction Sony gods!

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I would like Bloodborne 2, a new Silent Hill, Manhunt 3 and for CoD Warzone to work on the new system @ launch. Demon's Souls remaster would be gravy.