• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
Before i keep c hecking this topic, are there any rules for spoilers or can anything be posted, if so, is there a non spoiler thread that i co go to?

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Getting excited now. PS5 time.........man, these are great days.

Edit - thanks for posting the times youwei. :)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I know WCCFTECH isn't the most reliable site, but I wonder how accurate this article (and the tweets within) are.

"PlayStation 5 Former Principal Software Engineer Suggests Next-Gen Games Frame Rate Could Be Constrained By HDR and TVs"

wccftech.com

PlayStation 5 Former Principal Software Engineer Suggests Next-Gen Games Frame Rate Could Be Constrained By HDR and TVs

PlayStation 5 former principal software engineer recently commented on next-gen games running at 30 FPS and the reasons behind it

only constrained on Sony TVs..

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
Not just the SSD, having a capable CPU will definitely allow a lot more shit flying around.

This is what I expect :D

dwAsuPX.gif

Howdyjacker

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I can't freaking wait!

I was understandably underwhelmed by MS offering.

There's no way Sony can be that bad...🤞🏾

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see just what type of gameplay/setting/protagonist they are going with FFXVI.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
So are we supposed to get to finally see what the console looks like ? That'd be about damn time.

I think 'all signs say no' tbh.

They've said it's about games, that there'll be more to share later.

A number of mainstream preview articles on this (CNN, BBC) have noted that 'it's not expected the console will be shown' - it wouldn't surprise me if that was based on a nudge and a wink from Sony or people who know.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019

A number of mainstream preview articles on this (CNN, BBC) have noted that 'it's not expected the console will be shown' - it wouldn't surprise me if that was based on a nudge and a wink from Sony or people who know.
That would be frustrating if they don't show the console. What makes it even more frustrating is all the people certain a picture of it will leak very soon anyway.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
That would be frustrating if they don't show the console. What makes it even more frustrating is all the people certain a picture of it will leak very soon anyway.

I suppose the longer they go, the higher a chance of a pre-emptive leak. But a console reveal might not be far behind this event.

In any case, I think expectations for this evening on that front should be calibrated... I think it's fairly heavily hinted now that this will probably be about games only.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

If they wanna get it out ahead of the production leaks, this is the best time to do so.

That's getting ridiculous tbh, it's a gaming console, not some long lost archeological artefact or something smh. Especially when your main competitor has already shown it's new console from inside out.

But yeah, I don't really think we'll see it either.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's getting ridiculous tbh, it's a gaming console, not some long lost archeological artefact or something smh. Especially when your main competitor has already shown it's new console from inside out.

Why is it ridiculous they want to show it at their event rather than through some crummy photo leak?

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017

But yeah, I don't really think we'll see it either.

It's not indeed, but it is a marketing card that they may want to play later. Whatever about the console design and its timing, they're definitely not playing all their cards in one go this evening, they've said as much. If they want more marketing beats over the summer and fall, they have to keep some things secret in the meantime.