• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
All this tech and detailed explanation will make a lot of sense when you see the games they have to show.

Good show, lots of crow eating when they finally show the games.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
So variable OC on the CPU and GPU allows Sony to get the extra power to reach the numbers they want

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Am I witnessing a real life Dr. Hal "Otacon" Emmerich?

Otacon.jpg
I don't think he will fuck his mother at the end of the presentation

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Sony:
*Advertises this presentation as a PS5 reveal*
*Decides to make it a Youtube premier with a countdown and everything*
*Knows that the competition has revealed much more and that people are expecting*
*Doesn't mention that this isn't meant for consumers*

People:
*Get disappointed when this is just a glorified GDC presentation*

Era: "Fucking idiots expecting anything but a dry technical presentation made for developers. Do those fucks know that this is a GDC presentation? Fucking embarrasing those goddamn idiots."

Using 1% of critical thinking would tell someone that since this was planned for GDC, they would ignore that this is a "PS5 reveal" must be hard for people to be critical thinkers though

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Sony:
*Knows that the competition has revealed much more and that people are expecting*

People:

Era: "Fucking idiots expecting anything but a dry technical presentation made for developers. Do those fucks know that this is a GDC presentation? Fucking embarrasing those goddamn idiots."
You're not supposed to point out the flaws that would make you right and them wrong, stop this now

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Disappointing that its not full BC day one but highly doubt I'll be able to get it day one anyway. All depends on how dedicated Sony are at getting as much up and running as possible. Not too confident on that however.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Agree, maybe I was being a bit too enthusiastic. It just seems that Sony has approached the system architecture differently compared to Microsoft. More focused on improving visible gaming experiences compared to more raw power available for development. Both have their pros and cons, I just feel more attracted to Sony's approach.

Absolutely they have a very different architecture compared to what MS is doing but MS is also doing a lot with its velocity framework and their SSD-Memory usage. Ultimately we will know what these machines are capable off only once we see the devs dig really deep. The good thing is with SSDs being standard on both consoles we are going to see some incredible games.

Jan 16, 2018
Sony:

People:

this man speaks the truth

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sony:

People:

when did they say they was doing an reveal?

EBomb

Oct 25, 2017
We now know why MS was so adamant in the DF article that it's CPU and GPU clocks were stable irrespective of load.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Sony:

People:

They never said this is the PS5 reveal. If it was, they would have hyped it up. As they said in their tweet from yesterday, this is basically a re-do of the PS4 architecture presentation. They're doing it over YT because GDC got cancelled.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I just went back and watched the section on BC, since that's really all I care about.

He said they tested the top 100 PS4 games by playtime and that he expects almost all of them to be playable at launch.

Pretty disappointing for me, though I'm not planning on picking up next gen at launch anyway so hopefully they figure it out. I expected to be able to play my full library, not just the most popular games.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
This is why they NEED to show a PS5 game.

"Yes, it's weaker on paper than the competition. But look at what our engineering can do in practice."

Show, don't tell. I know this is a deep dive, but before a mass market reveal? That's a mistake they'll regret for the short term PR.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
What happened Tommy Fisher??? You could tell this wasn't going that direction based on the first 30 minutes. He was trying to deflect from the power difference, pretty obvious.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Sony:

It's so frustrating to see people blatantly lie and misdirect like this.

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Loved that he focused so much on power consumption/ fan noise. This might not be a jet engine actually. I'm surprised.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why but I really struggle to take in the information Cerny is talking about. Microsoft was smart in handing off the explanation of the tech to journalist, who are used to relaying this information to known tech heads.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Ofcourse, it would make the console standout from its competitor.

Now it doesnt. It underwhelms

The cost of implementing the architecture of 3 previous legacy generations most definitely does not seem worth "standing out from its competitor".

I think most people were expect Ps1-2 and 4

"Most people" seems like a stretch
Have you all been asleep for two generations?
I wonder if someone calculated the actual profits of ALL the remastered games from this gen.
Also including the "Mini" consoles trend

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
So from what I am understanding Sony:

Sony knew they could not win the raw spec war with MS in GPU, so they made their system run faster in every other facet of the hardware to avoid any bottlenecks.

This will be interesting since the CPU runs at 3.5GHZ vs 2.3 Xbox.

So.....how much will this cost for consumers.....$450 I bet!

Status
Not open for further replies.