• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Are there any updates on the PS1/2/3 BC? I don't know anything about the console but I would instantly pre-order if they implement this feature.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Cerny is a wonderful public speaker. I'm quite enjoying this presentation. It is exactly what it was advertised as, a GDC presentation by the PlayStation 5 Lead System Architect.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he really feels the need to defend whether or not Sony added customizations before or after AMD incorporated them?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
ok, i know mr .carvey told us they werent going to show us games, but what are the chances there's a "one more thing" game reel?

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Yup, PS5 has 5.5 Gbps I/O throughput per second. XSX has 2.4 Gbps. So more than double. This is gonna MASSIVELY impact gaming experience compared to the XSX. Sure the XSX will maybe run at a slightly higher resolution but most people don't see that difference. Double as fast loading time though? Everyone can see that.
I know it was for last gen games but MS showed some very fast load times. 6 second vs the 45+ seconds it takes for some current gen games.

So what impact will it have in comparison. 1/2 second load time would be amazing for sure but would it really be a massive impact vs 6 second?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
825gb SSD, system most likely will use like 200gb. So you can have like 4 games on your PS, nice... wtf
I'm going to use a 2TB extended storage drive, and transfer games to and from, as and when I need to play them. Same as with Series X.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
User banned (2 days): Platform wars
I thought flops aren't important? why is he talking about it here then?

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
XSX :

PS5:

27f10da5872fcc2e96ad08a37e88707a4dfc58ear1-395-521v2_uhq.jpg
This is exactly what I just told my PAL! Except I said Series X is SUPER Vegeta and PS5 is Full Power SSJ Goku LMFAO

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
why are people surprised about PS4 BC when that was like the first thing confirmed a year ago.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So wait a minute. I was a little confused by the M2 SSD part. So you can use off the shelf SSDs but they will be significantly slower than their solution? Also the "off the shelf" drives have to be "approved" to work with PS5? I thought that's what I was getting where he said off the shelf drives won't be available at launch and to hold off buying any.
no, he said that you have to wait for SSD's to come out that match PS5 specs., meaning the high speed and compatible with their software stack

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
So wait a minute. I was a little confused by the M2 SSD part. So you can use off the shelf SSDs but they will be significantly slower than their solution? Also the "off the shelf" drives have to be "approved" to work with PS5? I thought that's what I was getting where he said "approved" off the shelf drives won't be available at launch and to hold off buying any.

Essentially: some drives won't fit/be fast enough/be optimal, so Sony is going to test them all themselves and let you know which are ideal.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Anyone posting about how this is "boring" or "this is not how you launch a console" needs to get their hand slapped.

They made it very clear what this was going to be and for what it is, I find it really interesting.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Our Flops are WAY prettier and better and smarter than those other boring Flops

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
There's no way they could not see this reveal to get a ton of shit response coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.