• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I can't imagine $599 would be that profitable for them in the long term because if they make a profit per unit but their unit sales decrease markedly due to the high price, it would probably hurt them more than help them.

Like you can't release your core console for $600 in 2020 during a pandemic. It would be catastrophic.
Yeah i was making the case why it wouldn't be 599 it doesn't make sense if the BOM is nowhere near that price plus other various reasons why Sony is too smart of a company to ever touch that price again

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
I wouldn't have thought that the PS5digital is this low.
Maybe because of the US data caps, or i really live in an all digital bubble.
In polls like this people are likely just picking PS5 as that is what they want, but are not thinking if they want the standard or digital version until ordering.

Being from the UK, retail releases are at least £10 cheaper than digital, so it's standard version for me. Plus I have a passing interest in 4K Blu-ray.

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
Only 9046 votes.

Anyway, these are final results on IGN :

If Sony will set the prices for PS5s right, i think difference would be bigger in another poll

WfdrKlO.gif

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're compromising time zones to get the most viewers and EU is getting he best time slot instead of 1 pm on a work in NA and like 3~5 am in Southeast Asia/Japan. O_o

Of course they are, I just feel like it is not optimal. This setup is shit for everyone, exactly like you have listed.
Make it something like 6 PM CEST and you get 1 AM Japan and 9 AM PDT and 12 AM EDT.
Like this, you have one prime time, Japan still has a better viewing slot and for the US it would have been work anyway.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the gameplay shown of the games (Demon's Souls and Miles Morales are essential if they are going to be the flagship games for launch) is substantial and meaty. I think at least 5 minutes solid gameplay will be enough to satisfy audiences, given that it's a 40 minute showcase they have to tightly pace a lot of stuff so I hope each game gets it's due.

Looking forward to this! :)

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
If Demon's Souls is launch I'll for sure be there day one. If not it's more debatable. May focus on the Series X and an OLED instead.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Sony announces 499 and 599. Polls the next day.
Xbox X ==================
Xbox S===
PS5 ==
Price can destroy narratives as seen during ps3 era and Vita.

Maybe, but in the age of $1000 or more cell phones and $700 and higher GPUs, I think people would still buy the console more than then Series X, especially if it has "GAEMS!!".

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice.

Wasn't expecting another games showcase before the price/date shit but I'll gladly take it.

Time for Demons Souls and Miles Morales gameplay I hope.

This is so incredibly disrespectful to the developers at Bluepoint Games, but also Japan Studio.

Honestly, I don't understand how your bullshit is tolerated.

One of Era's great mysteries.

This thread has been a good reminder that I really have been putting off hitting ignore on several members of this forum for far too long now.

Soon fix that.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe, but in the age of $1000 or more cell phones and $700 and higher GPUs, I think people would still buy the console more than then Series X, especially if it has "GAEMS!!".
Of course sony would still sell more. But you just lost a huge chunk of market share. It's not about selling more, it's about keeping the dominant position and setting the trends.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is so incredibly disrespectful to the developers at Bluepoint Games, but also Japan Studio.

I'm so tired of arguing about this, Kyou. If you want to have faith in the remake, please by all means do so. It's not like I can stop it from being developed.

But at least understand that the idea of a Demon's Souls remake with no involvement from From or Miyazaki being handed off to a Western developer with zero experience in the genre is ELEMENTALLY uncomfortable for me. Demon's Souls is a really important game for me on a personal level and it would hurt way too much to see it fucked up.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
User Threadbanned (3 days): Hostility
I'm so tired of arguing about this, Kyou. If you want to have faith in the remake, please by all means do so. It's not like I can stop it from being developed.

But at least understand that the idea of a Demon's Souls remake with no involvement from From or Miyazaki being handed off to a Western developer with zero experience in the genre is ELEMENTALLY uncomfortable for me. Demon's Souls is a really important game for me on a personal level and it would hurt way too much to see it fucked up.

This isn't about the remake, this is about your bullshit. I didn't think you'd peddle your shit as far as calling game developers who put their heart and soul into giving us entertainment as "random americans".

Just because you're friends with moderators shouldn't make you feel like you can post this shit. You derail *every* thread you post in, but this is probably your worst yet.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't about the remake, this is about your bullshit. I didn't think you'd peddle your shit as far as calling game developers "random americans".

Just because you're friends with moderators shouldn't make you feel like you can post this shit. You derail *every* thread you post in, but this is probably your worst yet.

Alright. I'm gonna leave the thread because if we're going to go this personal with this argument it doesn't benefit anyone. If you want to talk about this, PM me.

Oct 24, 2019

Would you play it if the game comes out and gets incredibly high reviews and is proven to be faithful to the original?

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Do we REALLY need to let the same poster derail every thread on this forum? Why are y'all still responding to him after all this time?

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK

Yeah those random Americans who successfully remade acclaimed Japanese game Shadow of the Colussus with no involvement from the original creator. They're doomed.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
40 minutes seems too short for over 3 months of complete radio silence especially considering they haven't shown the ui or any new features / back compat boost mode

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Alright. I'm gonna leave the thread because if we're going to go this personal with this argument it doesn't benefit anyone. If you want to talk about this, PM me.

I'm not PMing you. I don't even want to interact with you, but you derail every thread you post in so it's almost impossible to avoid/ignore you, and now you're calling developers "random americans".

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I just don't find any interest in paying $500 for a prettier Ratchet game. I like Ratchet and it'd be a game I would get if I already HAD the console, but it's not a console seller for me. Not for a console that's going to cost $500.

And I have ZERO interest in "Demon's Souls" by a bunch of random Americans with no involvement from Miyazaki and From. Like that's basically the opposite of what I want. If From was making the remake, I would be there day one.
"Random Americans"

Seriously???

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

while i can understand some skepticism based on other remakes made by other studios, i dont know if bluepoint is considered random or unworthy. if anything SOTC shows they have earned it. Bluepoint has been doing this forever. Ico, SOTC, MGS2, MGS3, Uncharted collection, Titanfall on 360, SOTC remake, amazing vita ports of gow and ps allstars. these guys have done it all and have more than earned the right to make this beloved classic.

dismissing them as random westerners is just silly.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice.

Wasn't expecting another games showcase before the price/date shit but I'll gladly take it.

Time for Demons Souls and Miles Morales gameplay I hope.

One of Era's great mysteries.

This thread has been a good reminder that I really have been putting off hitting ignore on several members of this forum for far too long now.

Soon fix that.
I've had him on ignore for a close to a year now.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I've been critical of PlanetSmasher's takes in the past but can we not chase people away? If they're pessimistic about the remake that's cool as long as they outline why. Seems like they did. So not sure what the issue is. Shouldn't change how others feel about it.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

😂
I love when people make assumptions based on few screenshots and even better, change of developer, without having seen anything meaningful of the game(play) yet.

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017

Bluepoints' track record is great and we don't even know all of the extra things they're putting in the remake. No need to worry.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, I just don't find any interest in paying $500 for a prettier Ratchet game. I like Ratchet and it'd be a game I would get if I already HAD the console, but it's not a console seller for me. Not for a console that's going to cost $500.

And I have ZERO interest in "Demon's Souls" by a bunch of random Americans with no involvement from Miyazaki and From. Like that's basically the opposite of what I want. If From was making the remake, I would be there day one.
Seriously? I know you're not too hopeful or excited for this remake, but we do really need to call Bluepoint a bunch of random Americans?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not PMing you. I don't even want to interact with you, but you derail every thread you post in so it's almost impossible to avoid/ignore you, and now you're calling developers "random americans".

My entire point with calling them random Americans is that they're a studio with zero history with the franchise or genre and they are indeed American, like myself. There was no more subtext to it than that.

My word choice was stupid and thoughtless, and I'm sorry about that.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I've been critical of PlanetSmasher's takes in the past but can we not chase people away? If they're pessimistic about the remake that's cool as long as they outline why. Seems like they did. So not sure what the issue is. Shouldn't change how others feel about it.
Because it's somehow more toxic to be negative about a company or product than it is to dog pile on someone for having an unpopular opinion.

PiranhaMan

Apr 26, 2020
I cant wait to see the Sony event that has games a bunch of random americans have made next wednesday! I hope we also see the UI and the price and release dates of the PS5.

Polynaut

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: ehh I don't really want to add to the negativity. Just going to put the ignore feature to use

Anyway, definitely excited for Wednesday, should be a fun lunch break!

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
40 minutes seems too short for over 3 months of complete radio silence especially considering they haven't shown the ui or any new features / back compat boost mode
yep. i fear we are getting 2 minute cinematic trailers again. i want to see next gen gameplay. i dont care how underwhelming it is, i just want to see gameplay. ratchet in trailer form looked far less impressive than in the 7 minute demo when it was given time to breathe.

as much as i want to see the UI and BC stuff (i really hope cd project gives us a 4k unlocked framerate mode for the pro so we can take full advantage of the 2.23 ghz gpu to run it at 4k 60fps without them having to patch it.) i'd rather have video game demos instead.

cutscenes dont do anything for me especially after this gen when even realtime cutscenes look way better than in game visuals.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017

I have them blocked but it still doesn't help they derail every thread they post in. I don't know if I should be impressed or sad for them.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Put that guy on ignore. Don't waste your time on his asinine complaints. It's low key discrimination against the devs just because they're Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.