• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like an excellent console, can't wait for mine to arrive, damn the longer wait for Europe!

Shifty360

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 3, 2020
Decided to hold off on mine and shoot the gap a bit.

Some random stuff
Lots to like but some oddities I am investigating

Controller test to turning off 12 hours 43 minutes of solid playing - Expected
Best PlayStation controller ever - Really their best
Devs need to SERIOUSLY plan around that controller though cause in some games it's almost always vibrating
Headphones plugged into the controller seemed to have better audio than PS4(new codec?)
1440p lack is a bigger deal than I thought
HDR output thing is just...fucking weird and I will keep testing.
UI is... it's a UI. Not amazing at all and as others have said a shitload of weird nesting things. But I don't play the OS/Ui so I can deal.
Crashes. I have had 4 while the PS5 is just sitting there in the OS I saw some others mention that. Most also came with a warning about external storage.
I had 3 with Spiderman(though that game is awesome it is...buggy)
I will keep track.

Really excited for these systems the power in them is noticed even on old games.

Spiderman has a day one patch to come, DF said this in their review.

Why is 1440p a bigger deal?

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Re. battery life estimates, you'll probably get a wide range, based not only on different games being played, but also different settings being used that the player may not even know about. For example, if you have the mic enabled, haptics settings will be kicked down a notch by default. So some people might have the mic enabled, some not, and that might result in different drain without even realising it. Things like that could explain a wide variation in reports.

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
From Dave2D, you can see that it is quiet as Series X

ibKrLmU.png

5ef9068daacf27f942a75e5b3b9ce924.gif

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I got about 7 hours on DualSense, but that's primarily playing Astro/Spider-Man which I think kill it a bit more. I'll continue testing in other games and BC.

bboris77

Sep 11, 2020
I test audio equipment for external stuff outside of ACG well and some stuff for it.
You are just looking for confirmation that USB dacs get signal and work?

That would be fantastic. It would be great to know whether USB UAC2 DACs are recognized at all since they were not on the PS4.

It would be also very useful to know whether the PS5 outputs full volume via USB DAC as the PS4 had a bug in its firmware which limited the volume level severely.

PEVO

Mar 15, 2019
Outer Heaven
From the recent info that was released with reviews it emerged something about recording gameplays? I want to know if it's possible to record gameplay at 60 frames per second on PS5.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unless something comes up, I should receive my PS5 in exactly 7 days.

God I can't wait.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Wow these reviews are far more enthusiastic than the Xbox reviews, and it seems to come down to controller and the truly next gen games. Im also really surprised at how much they rave about the User Interface. I don't think I saw that many comments for the Xbox on that.

SoopaMan2K

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like this UI video. 👀👀👀

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

PSA: Not my video.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
Why is 1440p a bigger deal?

My understanding is if you have a TV like the TCL 6 series, which is considered one of the best budget TVs for gaming, you can't get take full advantage of the 120hz mode. The TV isn't HDMI 2.1, but 2.0 with some features of 2.1 like VRR and ALLM. Without 2.1 the TV can only get to 1440p 120hz, but without 1440p support it downscales it to 1080p and then the TV upscales it to 1440p. I could be completely wrong about this but that is what I gathered. That and the large number of monitors are 1440p.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like this is the console you want to go with for the time being! Can't wait for mine next week

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's the first thing I was thinking, my PS4 Pro is definitely not around 10dB (or maybe 10dB is way more thank I think lol) above an almost silent system

Decibels is a logarithmic scale, eg based on orders of magnitude instead of linear increases.

"On the decibel scale, the smallest audible sound (near total silence) is 0 dB. A sound 10 times more powerful is 10 dB. A sound 100 times more powerful than near total silence is 20 dB. A sound 1,000 times more powerful than near total silence is 30 dB."

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Outstanding reviews, and apparently how amazing the controller is flew entirely under my radar. Here's hoping it's not impossible to find one at launch.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Decibels is a logarithmic scale, eg based on orders of magnitude instead of linear increases.

"On the decibel scale, the smallest audible sound (near total silence) is 0 dB. A sound 10 times more powerful is 10 dB. A sound 100 times more powerful than near total silence is 20 dB. A sound 1,000 times more powerful than near total silence is 30 dB."
Ohhh I didn't know that.

Then the difference makes sense haha

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So pretty amazing reviews overall, and the controller is truly special.

Ah, I can't wait for next week.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Why does the UI look like something from a store kiosk though

Remove the 2 sentence description under each game and the giant redundant game tile that tells you if it's a full game or Demo, and it would look so much cleaner.