• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Gaia
Reviews are out and still no information about whether or not PS5s Tempest engine works with amps or dacs... We need an audiophile review :D I wanna use my DT 1990 with a good amp or dac. I don't want to plug them into the controller. :/

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit those reviews are raving. Clear contrast to XSX. I just read a line or two on it being silent, but have most outlets been impressed with it being silent/cool?

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Now the thread's slowing down a little, gonna re-pimp this one...

If anyone has any questions, let me know - and get subbed & all that... This review cycle has almost broken me :P

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both serie x and ps5 looks to be fantastic piège of hardware. But software and dual sense. Damn ps5 is phenomenal

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm so happy that both consoles this time seems to be extremely capable, I think this with the additions of SSDs across the board will make a huge difference for games this gen. It's great that the consoles weren't outdated day 1 like last gen but instead have good CPUs, great GPUs and REALLY good SSDs.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 having a playtime counter that retroactively tells you your PS4 game time is a gamechanger.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
I've been reading the Polygon FAQ and I am a bit annoyed that there isnt any PS5 Dynamic themes or any themes at all for that matter. Also it appears that Sony have shafted everyone who doesnt have PS+ and wants to backup their PS5 saves as the PS5 doesnt support USB for save games.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, PS5 clearly got something special here with the dualsense. So glad that Sony went this direction.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading the Polygon FAQ and I am a bit annoyed that there isnt any PS5 Dynamic themes or any themes at all for that matter. Also it appears that Sony have shafted everyone who doesnt have PS+ and wants to backup their PS5 saves as the PS5 doesnt support USB for save games.

But the Sony's videos from yesterday said you could tranfer your saves using USB, unless they only meant PS4 games saves.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Holy shit those reviews are raving. Clear contrast to XSX. I just read a line or two on it being silent, but have most outlets been impressed with it being silent/cool?
Big difference in reviews seems to be the availability of new games, wouldn't say the other parts are showing much of a contrast.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question if it has been answered by someone. Let's say my son wants to play on PS4 at the same time as I play PS5 on the same account, is that possible? Or will it sign one of us out?

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Any mention of game sharing? More specifically, playing games using same account on ps4 and ps5 at the same time.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I should of clarified more. According to Polygon you can transfer PS4 saves with USB but not PS5 saves.

This is correct and I've asked Sony for clarification on it.

I have a question if it has been answered by someone. Let's say my son wants to play on PS4 at the same time as I play PS5 on the same account, is that possible? Or will it sign one of us out?

I think you have to treat it like having two consoles before, with primary console shenanigans. But with my account just signed into both consoles, load Ghost of Tsushima on one shut the game down on the other.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited that both consoles are getting rave reviews. This is going to be a great generation.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Drive-by trolling; history of platform warring
4 hour battery life says otherwise to me.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I saw someone ask but now I can't find the post - nor any potential responses to it.

Has anyone reviewed this thing as far as how it performs as a 4K Blu Ray player? That's the only reason I'd get the disc version and I'm super curious if it's worth it.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Lack of native 1440p is such a boner killer. Anyone know if Sony has officially commented on this? Could it be added as a firmware update down the road?

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
USGamer said:
...it's going to offer a significantly better experience, thanks to its fast loading times and stronger hardware, than you had with your PlayStation 4. And the DualSense is one of the best controllers I've ever held. I just hope that other developers use it as creatively as those who made Astro's Playroom.

DualSense keeps on giving, almost as excited to have it as my go-to gaming controller this gen as the console itself.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
Great to see all the positive reviews.

I'm getting the XSX next week and the PS5 digital edition sometime in the new year. Starting to wish I did it the other way round now but it's something to look forward to.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone keeps on saying there isn't any reason to buy these new consoles. You can play these on your PS4 (pro). I still have a launch PS4 and I did not upgrade to the Pro. All these media sites assume we all upgraded mid-gen. Going from my launch PS4 to a new PS5 is going to be awesome! I can't wait!

I'm with you. I have a launch PS4 so when I do manage to actually buy a PS5 it's going to be a substantial upgrade.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
This is correct and I've asked Sony for clarification on it.

I think you have to treat it like having two consoles before, with primary console shenanigans. But with my account just signed into both consoles, load Ghost of Tsushima on one shut the game down on the other.

Ah ok that's fine thanks for the answer! I was just going to cancel my physical Miles Morales as the digital comes with the PS4 version and he loves Spider-Man so he could play as well. I guess I could just let him play offline if need be!

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
If I left out any website / video on the OP you guys want to have there, please let me know.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Haven't had the chance to read but does anyone mention how quickly discs take to install to the console? Is it still a long slog like it is on the PS4 for some games