• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I found a random video that broke embargo where the guy claims the PS5 supports Bluetooth headphones? Maybe he's confused and was using the bluetooth stick that comes with the headset. I timestamped it.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Yeah, the more I think about it the further away I see it. Bungie did say they made some considerable back-end changes for Beyond Light, but it's feeling like wishful thinking for Activities and QR at this point.
It's literally impossible in online games generally to do that, especially because destiny hot fixes a ton through the server, much like cod Warzone

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I found a random video that broke embargo where the guy claims the PS5 supports Bluetooth headphones? Maybe he's confused and was using the bluetooth stick that comes with the headset. I timestamped it.

He was not the only one, this guy asked about this for PS Belgium support page and they said it is the case:
ME: Is my WH1000XM3 compatible via bluetooth with the PS5?

THEM: Yes, bluetooth headsets will be compatible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jp3kz2/ps5_will_support_bluetooth_headset_source/

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't basically every game auto-saving every few minutes? Can't see how it's any different. Actually, Quick Resume takes away Space.
Not true. Most games are, but definitely not all. Biggest recent example to come to my mind is Persona 5 Royal, when you're in a dungeon you still need to reach the safe rooms.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Yeah, that about sums up the difference. I heard some games don't work with QR. I think it was in one of the the review videos
Yes it doesn't work in online games, when you want to suspend in a online match.
Any single player games that let you save anywhere like Skyrim let's say won't have any functional difference between the two.
We have yet to see Skyrim loading, but if it's one of those games taking long to load due to several bottleneck (RDR2, ...) than Quick Resume would get you in faster than any SSD ever would. Activities is amazing for MP games and skipping past all the menus, but it doesn't bypass the loading of old games and developers need to actively create them. Having said that I hope every devs create the no-brainer activity, which is called load latest save.

GronkyKong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's a post on Reddit with a screenshot from the Belgian Playstation Twitter account saying that the PS5 supports BT headphones too.

Translation in the thread but it'd be nice if this turns out to be accurate.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I only play one game at a time, this must be a bummer for people that play five games simultenously and always switch games in the middle of missions. They should up that to at least 2-3 in future firmware revision.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Yes it doesn't work in online games, when you want to suspend in a online match.
We have yet to see Skyrim loading, but if it's one of those games taking long to load due to several bottleneck (RDR2, ...) than Quick Resume would get you in faster than any SSD ever would. Activities is amazing for MP games and skipping past all the menus, but it doesn't bypass the loading of old games and developers need to actively create them. Having said that I hope every devs create the no-brainer activity, which is called load latest save.

I just mean any game where you can save anywhere. Was just using Skyrim as an example.

killer_clank

Oct 25, 2017
One thing re quick resume and the lack of it - If it's as that review outlines it's the same as on PS4 why on earth did the PS5 UI demo go straight to Destruction All-Stars without prompting a "This game will close, are you sure?" message? Did they doctor the video so the message doesn't appear or does it just not have one? That would be very odd.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I only play one game at a time, this must be a bummer for people that play five games simultenously and always switch games in the middle of missions. They should up that to at least 2-3 in future firmware revision.
I think it's useful when you have 2-3 games you're playing over the course of months. To never have to wait more than 5 seconds to switch between them is tight

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
One thing re quick resume and the lack of it - If it's as that review outlines it's the same as on PS4 why on earth did the PS5 UI demo go straight to Destruction All-Stars without prompting a "This game will close, are you sure?" message? Did they doctor the video so the message doesn't appear or does it just not have one? That would be very odd.

Not that odd. It's what the Xbox One does.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Does quick resume on the X take up storage space?
Yes, because it saves the RAM pool in a save state onto the SSD. Benefit compared to PS4, Xbox One, Switch and likely PS5 suspend method. It uses less energy and you can still use Quick Resume when you power off your console completely, works with multiple games at the same time and so on. The old consoles including the switch did suspend the game, but the data was still in RAM.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017

Not to put that guy down but he also says he isn't sure if he can play his PS3 games in this lol So maybe wait for a better source?

DrButz

Banned
Oct 27, 2020
I mean activities seems like their version of it. Granted it's not really the same and it's up to devs to implement them.
I don't know what activities is.

Quick resume means I can be playing one of my games, then the kids want to play one of theirs, we can just switch over instantly, and then switch back later. It comes right back exactly where I left off. It's a game-changer for multi-user systems.

Deleted member 44122

german internet channel rocketbeanstv will have a "launch day" stream on the 11th starting at 3:30pm central european time including games like astros playroom, spider-man miles morales, the pathless and dmc5 se
rocketbeans.tv

Rocket Beans TV

Rocket Beans TV steht fĂĽr Entertainment-Power rund um Gaming und Popkultur!

Oct 28, 2017
I don't trust early reviews on noise.

Test it again after you've had the console for a year and see if everything holds up.

My PS4 Pro was a jet engine from the beginning.

My One X was deathly silent when I first got it but after a year sounded just like my PS4 Pro. YouTube tells me I need to open it up and reapply the thermal paste. I shouldn't have to do that.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
I don't know what activities is.

Quick resume means I can be playing one of my games, then the kids want to play one of theirs, we can just switch over instantly, and then switch back later. It comes right back exactly where I left off. It's a game-changer for multi-user systems.
Yes, I'm aware what Quick Resume is...