• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
My guess is the actual date is the Tuesday of that week, the 17th. However, until I see stuff on official PS5 stuff showing a date of some kind, then who knows. I doubt it's the 19th though being a Thursday.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony gonna drop the same day as Microsoft. They would be dumb not to.
they didn't last time, they were staggered. i would expect them to be staggered again this year, especially if in store pick ups are going to be a thing.

ps4 - nov 15 (us)
xb1 - nov 22
ps4 - nov 29 (eu)

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of PS5 accessories also appeared on Amazon Japan with a November 20th date:

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I was expecting at least a rumor from a good source. Not this :-(

That date is for an accessory and doesn't mean anything. It could be coming out a week after launch, a week before, who knows.

Oct 28, 2019
Wasn't there also an outlet saying that Sony had booked a lot of marketing space for the week beginning Nov 13?

itshappening.gif

Oct 30, 2017
I'm presuming the release date is pretty tightly controlled, just like the price.

Those placing a date on the release of an accessory from Amazon UK is not anyone at Amazon who may be privy to that release date.

OP
OP
bob100

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Why not? They're the console Market Leader so they might as well drop the same day as Microsoft. Some people can't wait and may decide to just get an Xbox instead of waiting a week later for PS5.

I don't think there has ever been 2 consoles releasing on the same date.

I'm sure people can wait a week to get the console they want....it's not as if it months difference, merely weeks

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
A Thursday over a week after the Xbox release seems pretty unlikely to me. I think it's in that ballpark, but I don't think we're going as far out as the 19th. Got to remember Black Friday is less than 10 days away from the 19th too.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
A Thursday over a week after the Xbox release seems pretty unlikely to me. I think it's in that ballpark, but I don't think we're going as far out as the 19th. Got to remember Black Friday is less than 10 days away from the 19th too.
it seems reasonable. but i hope we see earlier

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Honestly? Tomorrow we will get a tweet for an event happening next week.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Seems much too close to black Friday. They wouldn't be able to restock from selling out their launch stock

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's certainly possible, but you've got to think Sony and Microsoft want these consoles on shelves for at least two weeks before the Black Friday bundles kick in.

Doubt there will be any deals on these consoles their first black Friday. PS4s were barely available in it's intitial black Friday and I remember X1 outselling it that weekend.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The PS4 launched a week after the One. Also it doesn't really matter since they will sell out either way (as long as it launches during the same "period").
The PS4 launched a week BEFORE XB1 (at least in North America). Seems likely that they will swap places this times.

Status
Not open for further replies.