• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
So I have a PS5 (w/ Disk) on pre-order, but am probably going to cancel since I decided to wait a bit to upgrade. Before I do, just wanted to see if anyone was potentially interested in said preorder. As an aside, I did the same thing for a 500 Mil PS4 Pro a while back on here as well. It'd essentially be the cost + tax + shipping just as long as I break even on the purchase and shipping etc. So if anyone's interested, just PM me and we can work out the details. First come first served. Thanks.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a PS5 (w/ Disk) on pre-order, but am probably going to cancel since I decided to wait a bit to upgrade. Before I do, just wanted to see if anyone was potentially interested in said preorder. As an aside, I did the same thing for a 500 Mil PS4 Pro a while back on here as well. It'd essentially be the cost + tax + shipping just as long as I break even on the purchase and shipping etc. So if anyone's interested, just PM me and we can work out the details. First come first served. Thanks.
PM

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
I think you're going to start seeing availability pop up in the next few days since it launches this Friday. It'll be a combination of stores getting stock in, and orders getting cancelled which will release more stock being available. So keep an eye out as this will be a prime time to find one.

I hope so. I'll be keeping an eye out.

Oct 27, 2017

Oh and I forgot to mention that I'm in the US and plan on just shipping in the US to keep it simple. Sorry for any international folks out there. There are already a few that reached out so will be in touch in a bit. Thanks.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Great stuff

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
In this article: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/09/ps4-games-on-ps5-your-top-questions-answered/
If you've already stored PS4 games and game data in the external USB storage device connected to your PS4, you can bring them over to PS5 with that external USB storage device.

So do you folks think that if you got a usb hub, then you could connect up multiple external USB storage devices? For e.g.:

1. Move existing external USB (A) from PS4 to PS5
2. Buy/acquire new external USB device, (B)
3. Move everything from internal storage on PS4 to (B)
4. Switch (B) to PS5 and enjoy two external storage devices on the console.

I guess it would depend on whether the OS exposes external storage only from the first connected device, or treats each equally, repeatably.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
For those with ANTOnline pre-orders. It looks like we might get them by launch or shortly after launch, which definitely assuages my worries. Since my bundle had Destruction All-Stars, they're giving me a $70 gift card instead that I can use on another PS5 game.

ANTOnline said:
We are contacting you because Sony has made a release schedule change for Destruction AllStars that affects your pre-order with antonline. The full announcement today from Pete Smith at Sony is below my message.

Destruction AllStars has been delayed until February. We are substituting an equal value $70 PlayStation Gift card in each affected Pre-order bundle. The card will be sent via email on the launch day. That way you can use it to purchase and play another PS5 game of your choice on launch day - such as the new Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, FiFI 21, Watch Dogs, etc....

Alternatively, we can cancel the entire pre-order as Sony indicated in their announcement below.

To recap, your payment and pre-order have been approved! Your order is confirmed. We have confirmed stock and will ship on time. We will be substituting a $70 PlayStation Gift card unless emailed or called on the phone. Please do not email or call unless you want your order canceled, as an automated response could cancel your order accidentally.

Also as we are frequently asked - Sony controls the ship date. The orders will ship on the day they release for shipping not later than the launch date. We may be able to ship a few days early for arrival on or just after after the launch date if they let us. However, they may require us and other resellers to ship on the launch day. There are no exceptions or faster shipping options.

Again, we are happy to cancel if you are not 100% satisfied with this substitution or the release dates or shipping restrictions around launch day.

Thank you,

Susan Winters, Support Manager

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
I just got an email from Gamestop saying my bundle has been delayed. However I chatted with Gamestop Customer Service and they said this:

"Thank you for your question. I´m truly sorry for all the confusion that this email could have caused to you. Let me tell you that only Destruction AllStars was delayed until next year. Please rest assured that the rest of the order will be fulfilled as promised and you will receive it on time on Nov 12th."

I should receive my console at launch. I am curious if they just send me the game when it is released or they substitute with something else.

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
is twitter able to send you phone notifications by keywords?
for example if a wario64 tweet has a ps5 in it

dblblast

Jan 3, 2019
I just got an email from Gamestop saying my bundle has been delayed. However I chatted with Gamestop Customer Service and they said this:

"Thank you for your question. I´m truly sorry for all the confusion that this email could have caused to you. Let me tell you that only Destruction AllStars was delayed until next year. Please rest assured that the rest of the order will be fulfilled as promised and you will receive it on time on Nov 12th."

I should receive my console at launch. I am curious if they just send me the game when it is released or they substitute with something else.

I got the same email and panicked a bit.... Thanks for sharing, hope they deliver on time!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I just got the same email and got worried for a second, but thanks for contacting their customer service and sharing. Hopefully we all get our orders on time.

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017

I hope that applies to me as well since that game was indeed in my preorder.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone with amazon get a shipping date yet? I got mine the day the went live but my order still says we will email you with an estimated delivery day

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
We're basically going to have daily heart attacks until we have these beasts at home won't we?

bodine1231

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

Thank fucking christ. I got that email too but just happen to read about that games delay so I figured thats what it was about,glad you confirmed it for me.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
Is there a Discord for stock notifications like for Geforce 3000 series?

I actually just use Twitter alerts, I only have them on for Wario64 and IGN deals and they've yet to fail me. Multiple Switch preorders, countless special edition games, several PS5s and a Series X. I'm undefeated on stuff I really want and stuff my friends want since I turned on alerts for those accounts 3-4 years ago.

chetmanly92

Sep 23, 2020
Has Walmart USA started charging folks yet? I received an email from them that my dualsense is arriving 10/30 but no charge yet

moving

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo
Re: Japan Folks

1st round Sony Store lottery results were just announced.
I didn't get one :(
Sorry to hear, how many chances have you got now?

I entered the Besia lottery as I live about 20 minutes away from the only(?) store in Tokyo. Wondering if that's my best chance. Any idea how popular the store is?