• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Glad the PlayStation Direct broke up the console and accessories into separate orders, made it easy to jump in and cancel the camera. Thinking of cancelling the headset as well and seeing how it compares to the new A20s and such.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Well I guess I can cancel my Digital PS5 pre-order from Amazon since I am getting the Disc version and it's all but confirmed that I should have this on launch day...

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Glad the PlayStation Direct broke up the console and accessories into separate orders, made it easy to jump in and cancel the camera. Thinking of cancelling the headset as well and seeing how it compares to the new A20s and such.

That camera seems so utterly useless. After the system launches and we're in 2021 I find it hard to believe that Sony will sell many of them because there just isn't much of an incentive to get one and unless Sony plans to make bad choices with PSVR2 I don't see that changing. I will say, maybe this is just my tech ignorance showing here but the fact that the PS5 camera can't be used with PSVR doesn't make me hopeful that I'll be able to use PSVR2 hardware to play PSVR1 games.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
2) would changing my payment card stand to affect my order in any way? don't mean to be paranoid but hoping it's cool

Do not change it. It can screw with your order as it's often treated as a new order and processed again which puts you at the end of the line and as a result they might not have stock for you when it comes time to ship.

Do not trust Target on this. They may say this is the plan but it's going to be highly dependent up to each store to follow that plan. There is a high probability that even if you get an order in, someone will sell your system in-store from a walk in before it is picked to fulfil your pickup order.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Oomph, my bank blocked my preorder on target and I lost the order completely. Customer service says they can't help. You hate to see it :'(

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
It is a disc edition. Target says it should arrive between 11/13 & 11/18. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.
Target tends to ship preorders from more on the East Coast so the further west you are, the longer it will take. It'll ship ground too. So someone in CA can expect a week after it has shipped before it arrives.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully I'm able to get a PS5 this year. I tried to get one refreshing constantly on target for a few weeks, and then just accepted my fate.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Do not change it. It can screw with your order as it's often treated as a new order and processed again which puts you at the end of the line and as a result they might not have stock for you when it comes time to ship.

Do not trust Target on this. They may say this is the plan but it's going to be highly dependent up to each store to follow that plan. There is a high probability that even if you get an order in, someone will sell your system in-store from a walk in before it is picked to fulfil your pickup order.

I guess anything is possible. My pre order is already secured with Walmart. Just sharing to people and make aware of the possible availability of the units.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
I guess anything is possible. My pre order is already secured with Walmart. Just sharing to people and make aware of the possible availability of the units.

I'm just saying don't get your hopes too high on this even if you get an order in. In store pick up is highly unreliable for a hot item because there's a good chance that the item can get sold to someone before they notice the order has been placed which means they'll come back and say it's no longer available. Just have expectations in check that while you may get one, there's also a high probability it won't pan out too.

Mastermind

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, hypothetically speaking, what is the best/safest way to give their Amazon order to someone else? Like, how are people actually going about it. Is one person just submitting their card information and address or what?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
its the risk for any online orders since local stores are separate from online stores. this goes for best buy as well.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
I'm just saying don't get your hopes too high on this even if you get an order in. In store pick up is highly unreliable for a hot item because there's a good chance that the item can get sold to someone before they notice the order has been placed which means they'll come back and say it's no longer available. Just have expectations in check that while you may get one, there's also a high probability it won't pan out too.

I hear ya. I'm not going in-store as these are to ship to my House. I also have my backup in case, so I'm not too worried on securing.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if changing address messes with pre orders? I know changing payment information has caused people's orders to mess up, but I really need to change where my console is shipping.

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
I have gotten two emails from sony, one saying they are excited to be shipping ps5 accessories early and that they will be shipping my DualSense 5 controller on 10/30/2020 and another saying the same thing with my Ps5 digital edition order, did they move the launch of the console too?

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017

I'll be the guinea pig for you all: I changed my payment method, will let you know how it turns out.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I asked this earlier, but what if you were to change the mailing address? I'm not sure what you can and can't change if you don't want them screwing up your order.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
See, the changing payment or address screwing with the order sucks and it shouldnt. Sony said in their email you have time to make any changes."anytime up to 10 days prior to the listed release date"

If thats right, ppl have until Oct 21st to make changes at Sony for their accessories orders.

They also said..."now is the time to do it!" lol.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Would I literally need to camp out or can I order when the clock strikes midnight to order one for pick up?

You can maybe order at midnight, but that depends on when they go live, and how long Target's website is able to survive.

Then you'll have to do in-store pick up.

You will not be able to queue up at the store and walk in to buy one.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
You can maybe order at midnight, but that depends on when they go live, and how long Target's website is able to survive.

Thought so. But the idea that we have no idea when they will be available for pick up is shit. Ugh this is gonna suck.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Thought so. But the idea that we have no idea when they will be available for pick up is shit. Ugh this is gonna suck.

Yep, I wished they specified what time they'll start taking in-store pick up too. Probably gonna make an alarm for midnight and stay up all morning to constantly watch the site. Especially since I wouldn't be surprised if the stores only get maybe 4 extra consoles at most to sell to people who didn't preorder.

Vexed

Jul 23, 2018

Timing could be pretty variable based on how Target's stock system works - the online orders for pickup/same-day are a fairly 1:1 to to their in-stock inventory system. If a store gets extra units for launch well in advance those units will probably be available for whenever the site's street date drops. But if they receive any of them off the truck after the website's street date clears, they'll literally update for each store's stock as they're scanned coming off the truck that day.

If anyone is trying to snag day of from Target and doesn't see them at midnight or w/e, you might have a better chance checking the local store stocks around when their daily trucks are unloaded (this started around 4AM when I used to work there).

Last edited:

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
These bank pending issues sound stressful. The store I bought mine from charged me upfront. Much less hassle imo, plus harder for them to cancel on a whim if you have already paid

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
These bank pending issues sound stressful. The store I bought mine from charged me upfront. Much less hassle imo, plus harder for them to cancel on a whim if you have already paid
Right? Haha. Thankful I put mine on a credit card we don't use much, so it's just been sitting at a low balance as the charges authorize again and again.