• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDNStateOfMind

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Got an order with very but never shopped with them before, would I get it on release day? Also have one with shopto, well awaiting to hear back. If shopto gets confirmed which would be better: Very or shopto?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Got an order with very but never shopped with them before, would I get it on release day? Also have one with shopto, well awaiting to hear back. If shopto gets confirmed which would be better: Very or shopto?

When did you place your order with Very? The reason I ask is that they've been sporadically cancelling orders, without informing those customers.

Aria

Nov 21, 2019
Argos text me today confirming my order. A lot of people got theirs yesterday so I thought I was shit out of luck.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon UK does have spider-man for pre order, its just not showing up when you search

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition – PlayStation 5: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Buy Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition – PlayStation 5 from Amazon.co.uk. Everyday low prices on a huge range of consoles, games and accessories.

Seems to ship to UK only. I don't like this trend, couldn't order Mario All-stars from Amazon UK either. 😭

Eskiboy

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham
I went into game in Sutton Coldfield UK. They told me they had sold out on the day, but did get more stock allocation on Friday just gone. So worth it to keep checking in-store just incase.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
If we get the Spiderman for PS4 we will get the graphics update for ps5 won't we? Just thinking it might be cheaper

So...if you mean Spiderman Miles Morales, that should work. The article seems to imply you will be able to use the PS4 disc to get the enhanced PS5 copy.

If you are on about the base game you will not get the graphics update. For that you would need to buy the PS5 version of Miles Morales to get the included code for Spiderman Remastered.

That's my understanding of it.

Oct 27, 2017
So...if you mean Spiderman Miles Morales, that should work. The article seems to imply you will be able to use the PS4 disc to get the enhanced PS5 copy.

If you are on about the base game you will not get the graphics update. For that you would need to buy the PS5 version of Miles Morales to get the included code for Spiderman Remastered.

That's my understanding of it.
Yeah sorry I meant miles

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Yeah sorry I meant miles

Yeah that will work, the key part from the PS blog is this:

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we're happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.

blog.playstation.com

PlayStation 5 launches in November, starting at $399 for PS5 Digital Edition and $499 for PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Drive

New games announced at PS5 Showcase, including Final Fantasy XVI, Hogwarts Legacy, and a new God of War title

So basically you need to PS5 with a disc drive to use the disc PS4 copy (the PS4 copy does not come with a code, it is using the disc for validation).

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that will work, the key part from the PS blog is this:

blog.playstation.com

PlayStation 5 launches in November, starting at $399 for PS5 Digital Edition and $499 for PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Drive

New games announced at PS5 Showcase, including Final Fantasy XVI, Hogwarts Legacy, and a new God of War title

So basically you need to PS5 with a disc drive to use the disc PS4 copy (the PS4 copy does not come with a code, it is using the disc for validation).
Excellent thank you!

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna wait till March and get one as a belated Xmas/birthday present. Also, fuck scalpers in the ass with a rasp.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
PSA: Just a heads up to anyone that pre ordered their PS5 as a guest from GAME UK due to not being able to log on to the site at the time (me being one of them) this twitter user has found the perfect way to ensure that your order gets linked to your account.

Just tried it earlier and it works like a charm!

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I got a click and collect order with GAME not long after they put their pre-orders up. Pretty nervous about it though not gonna lie, GAME aren't exactly the most reliable. Especially when they took the pre-orders down shortly after but hey I got a confirmation email so...

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: Just a heads up to anyone that pre ordered their PS5 as a guest from GAME UK due to not being able to log on to the site at the time (me being one of them) this twitter user has found the perfect way to ensure that your order gets linked to your account.

Mine showed up in my account without doing that, I assume because I used the same email.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Medimax.de just had some available. No Paypal, though, and until people had figured out that it depends on the store you chose/automatically got assigned from the IP they were out. I would've ordered via CC, but then I remembered that I have a 500€ limit in case it gets stolen. 499 plus postage was above that and when I knew Paypal was available with switching stores they were gone.

I give up 🤷‍♀️

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Anybody from Slovakia or Czech Republic couldnt make their pre ordera in time? It practically sold out in here in hours, in one particular store within 20 minutes.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Netherlands no chance to get one if you have no friends who can fix one.
Intertoys have been sold out in 1 minute. Big chains like Bol and Mediamarkt all sold out.
The only Guarantee that they give you now is January/March 2021.

Kinda sucks man. Wehkamp went online today in the morning, but I was at work.

Gamemania has told me my reservation will probs be fulfilled in March. And I traded in my PS4 there aswell lol. I messed up 😅

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
It's really expensive here in Saudi Arabia with the 15% vat . It costs around 613$ for the disc version which is the only available for pre-order here currently. In the end i pulled the plug , visa rewards brought down the price to 586$ which is a little bit tolerable.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I managed to secure one from GAME UK and another from Amazon UK with relative ease.

One for myself and the other is for another family member.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
It's always like that for me with amazon France (en Île de France) you get an email a week or two before telling you that good news, you'll be getting your order earlier than expected.
That's good to know. I snatched one almost as soon as they went up, so hopefully it will turn out fine.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Kinda sucks man. Wehkamp went online today in the morning, but I was at work.

Gamemania has told me my reservation will probs be fulfilled in March. And I traded in my PS4 there aswell lol. I messed up 😅

We got the message today they apologized. So we will have chances. Also Coolblue was still the only one not taking pre-orders.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
We got the message today they apologized. So we will have chances. Also Coolblue was still the only one not taking pre-orders.

Haha let's see.. wouldn't be surprising if that apology is aimed towards US

Yeh know about Coolblue, they won't take an order till release date. But I do not like my chances 😂
If I am not mistaken even Wehkamp was going to wait till launch. Guess they didn't

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK

Dude, thank you so much for this; the past couple of days I've been trying everything to get it to show up :P cos I think I'm gonna cancel it.

Think I'll just wait for PS5 and Series X price cuts and/or revisions when the generation is in full swing.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Cross post:

41967610.jpg

plake

Nov 3, 2017
Sweden here. I preordered mine at one of our biggest gaming retailers in April 2019, so I'm confident I'll get it at release.

Not sure why we have a staggered preorder system and not a centralised one like in the US (at least that was the idea).

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, as much of a mess it was here, it seems to have been drastically worse over in the US. Here, if you wanted one and were active on the morning of the day they said there would be pre-orders, you reasonably could have got one at Very, Amazon, Currys, etc. whereas in the US it was pretty much all gone before the day they said it would even start.

OP
OP
Humidex

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, as much of a mess it was here, it seems to have been drastically worse over in the US. Here, if you wanted one and were active on the morning of the day they said there would be pre-orders, you reasonably could have got one at Very, Amazon, Currys, etc. whereas in the US it was pretty much all gone before the day they said it would even start.
Agreed, with the increased attention the pre-order problems have been getting, the hope is that it increases the focus to get more consoles to the market everywhere, not just in North America.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they are going to have another batch for before Christmas here in Finland. Having to wait until February/March would make one shitty launch. I understand it might not happen because of covid, but still.

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Sweden here. I preordered mine at one of our biggest gaming retailers in April 2019, so I'm confident I'll get it at release.

Not sure why we have a staggered preorder system and not a centralised one like in the US (at least that was the idea).
If I were you I'd follow up on that one. At least here in Germany it seems like retailers were forced to cancel all early preorders (as in before the day of the recent PS5 event) to be eligible for receiving stock. It might be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.