• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Should post the higher quality version of my shop fam, I got you though. And yeah I agree tbh.

TIRXrTt.png

this is so damn good

Deleted member 11479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why almost everyone thought it was February. Was it only because that's when the PS4/Vita were unveiled? That was almost a decade ago. Nobody thought Sony would do things a little differently with the PS5?
People expect Sony to do everything exactly the same way as they did with PS4, despite Sony already doing everything completely differently.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Does an announcement make the release date come sooner or something? I can understand people being impatient, but some of the comments are downright strange.
Some people need to plan for large purchases coming at the end of the year, it would be nice to know what month it's coming out and get some idea of how many launch games there may be
Also if there are very few launch games, that may free up some money to buy more of the games coming out earlier in the year

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
I can see something similar to an Apple reveal, like they did with the PS4 Pro. Maybe an event in September with an October release.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
It's pathetic how long this is taking for a console supposedly releasing in 8 months.

I mean Nintendo did full Switch reveal 5 months before the release. Also usually console reveals that had holiday launch have happened during E3 so again like 5 months before. PS4 just had pretty early reveal back in a day.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Some people need to plan for large purchases coming at the end of the year, it would be nice to know what month it's coming out and get some idea of how many launch games there may be
Also if there are very few launch games, that may free up some money to buy more of the games coming out earlier in the year

Unless they drop it in the summer which isn't happening, it's very obviously going to drop in November, maybe October at a stretch.

You can easily plan around a winter release lol

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
And these people cannot start saving now? They have announced over and over that it is coming this year.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
People are reading too much into this. The "we are not ready yet" could be just for obviously visiting the website but seeing no info there yet.

Stuff can still happening in february.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
November, $499, thank me later

well that's my working assumption

Keeping people on the hook is genius because they can. The PS4 was this gen's indisputable winner. They have time and the demand and curiosity is only going to increase over the next few months. I wouldnt say anything until June-ish if I was Sony.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in that post makes February more or less likely than any other month. Don't really understand the gloom.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
March announcement for PS Meeting in April.

I'd guess they will announce PS4 price cut along with it.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Sounds like all those announcements are happening separately and over the course of the next few months instead of one big reveal.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Have they said anything about this? Seems weird to me that they'd put the page live without some kind of related announcement coming soon.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jason, while you are here I have two questions.
In your opinion, when do you think Sony will reveal PS5? Also do you think Sony is making a smart decision to wait to reveal PS5, when xbox already showed off the new Xbox back in December?
I have no idea when it'll be revealed, but I do know that absolutely none of this matters. All that matters is what happens in the fall. The Xbox One didn't get beaten because of the reveal/DRM/bad PR; it got beaten because it was $100 more than the PlayStation 4.

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea when it'll be revealed, but I do know that absolutely none of this matters. All that matters is what happens in the fall. The Xbox One didn't get beaten because of the reveal/DRM/bad PR; it got beaten because it was $100 more than the PlayStation 4.
I'd say it was all of those factors, even if the price put the nail in the coffin

Aug 26, 2019
Hey Jason, why do you think 3rd parties are so quiet about next-gen? Both consoles have been announced yet we haven't seen footage of any next-gen 3rd party games yet. We had WatchDogs, Star Wars 1313, and Witcher 3 at this point in 2013.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
lol, first the logo, now the empty placeholder page, mean stuff

They should add an countdown for around an month or so, then when it reaches 0, it simply starts counting up.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Jason, why do you think 3rd parties are so quiet about next-gen? Both consoles have been announced yet we haven't seen footage of any next-gen 3rd party games yet. We had WatchDogs, Star Wars 1313, and Witcher 3 at this point in 2013.
Two things:
1) People at Sony and MS were actually pretty upset that Ubisoft and LucasArts showed off their next-gen games nearly a year before the consoles were supposed to be announced!
2) The trend these days is to announce closer to launch. Right now most (maybe even all?) of this fall's big games aren't announced yet, other than the ones that were delayed from spring.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

Two games that got a metric ton of shit because of "downgrades" and 1313 never released (if probably only was a vertical slice). So yeah, I think why publishers arent that keen on showing things yet.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
When they got rid of the Kinect and made the base Xbox One cheaper than the base PS4, nobody cared. Price was not the only reason the Xbox One got beaten.