• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
so if you order from Best Buy, they will ship the 18th?
I think BB does free release-date shipping/delivery (site shows receive by Jun 18th for free if pre-order). Honestly if you have PS+, I recommend just getting it from PS Direct as they have free 1-2 day express shipping for PS+ members alongside free release day delivery for pre-orders. My brother did so and received his controller last Friday after cancelling his Amazon pre-order that was dated for the 18th.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
How often did Sony push out major firmware updates on PS4? Was it every 6 months?

Dying for internal storage support now; it's been 2 months since the last update and we only know that it's coming Summer. That's technically all the way up to September isn't it?

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Is this the right place to ask about playstation wireless headsets?

I've got the Platinum headset and I'm using it with my PS5, and holy shit does it "reconnect" way too often. There's no rhyme or reason to it either. I might have a totally fine couple of days, and then have constant drops and pops the next day.

I'm using the USB dongle plugged into the PS5. Is there some way I can solve this? I've tried different USB ports. I'm not even that far from the TV. Maybe 7 feet or so.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
How often did Sony push out major firmware updates on PS4? Was it every 6 months?

Dying for internal storage support now; it's been 2 months since the last update and we only know that it's coming Summer. That's technically all the way up to September isn't it?
In the first 3 years, yeah every 6 months. And it was easy to identify because it went up in increments of .5

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in the other thread, but my black dualsense & dbrand fins came in! Only issue i have is no logo window, but I never see it anywhere considering where its stored.

image0.jpg

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I think BB does free release-date shipping/delivery (site shows receive by Jun 18th for free if pre-order). Honestly if you have PS+, I recommend just getting it from PS Direct as they have free 1-2 day express shipping for PS+ members alongside free release day delivery for pre-orders. My brother did so and received his controller last Friday after cancelling his Amazon pre-order that was dated for the 18th.
so if I ordered them from playstation direct they'll ship immediately?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
so if I ordered them from playstation direct they'll ship immediately?
Yeah it's already released on the Playstation Direct site since last Friday. I guess Sony did 1 week early release directly from them, so depending on when you order, you'll likely receive it by Wednesday with the 1-2 day PS+ delivery vs Friday if you pre-ordered from other retailers.

The site also says orders placed before 2PM ET will be shipped out same-day, but I think that timeframe has passed for today. Just make sure you choose the Express Shipping option on the Shipping section in checkout.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone help me out or guide me onto game sharing? The problem I have is, I own Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. On my PS5 as a Digital Game. Now my friend entered my account on his ps5 and hit offline and console sharing enable. But if I lose internet connection. It'll let me play offline games for a certain amount of time. And then ask me to connect to the internet again. I want my friend to be able to play my games. But I don't want to lose being able to play offline.

Can any of you guys help me out here?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Game sharing requires an online connection for the master account that is now being used on another person's system to gain access to those licenses. So in your case, you'll need a constant connection to keep playing the games you're sharing with your friend. It's the trade-off to game sharing.

Because you no longer have Offline Play enabled, it does periodic license checks (online), but it goes through because you're playing on the account that owns the licenses.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I've had that suspicion since I learned about the problem as well, but since the console is so hard to come by, and I don't have any other issues (loud fans, bad disc drive), I really hoped they would be able to fix it by updating the firmware. I read some people had Sony swap their console for another one, but then it arrived with other issues.

In my country we have a 2 year warranty, so I can wait a little longer. At some point I might have to bite...
That's the downside of it. The non primary must be connected to psn to play

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
So looks like a PS5 for me. Not ideal circumstances. Decided on Ebay £500 for digital. Not a horrendous mark up but not great. Not bothered with digital only as I never sell my games and the last 5 or 6 game purchases have all been digital. Will say Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart pushed me over the edge, lol.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017

I've got the Platinum headset and I'm using it with my PS5, and holy shit does it "reconnect" way too often. There's no rhyme or reason to it either. I might have a totally fine couple of days, and then have constant drops and pops the next day.

I'm using the USB dongle plugged into the PS5. Is there some way I can solve this? I've tried different USB ports. I'm not even that far from the TV. Maybe 7 feet or so.

I occasionally had this issue. Turns out my ps4 was using WiFi when I reconnected it next to the ps5. Haven't had an issue since I wired it. Not sure why exactly the ps4 and not my phone, but I'd check to see if you might have any devices on wifi that are interfering.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, am I the only one or is trophy navigation and viewing much more painful now? The big boxes do not help at all. Is there anyway to change that view?

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Ok, am I the only one or is trophy navigation and viewing much more painful now? The big boxes do not help at all. Is there anyway to change that view?
I wish. I feel like they've taken one step forward and ten steps back in terms of the now cumbersome and soulless UI.

On a separate note, I sent my dualsense in for a warranty fix/replacement on the 3rd of June via prepaid 2-day tracked shipping. Exactly a week later they emailed me a reminder - they hadn't received it. I checked Royal Mail's tracking service and they'd delivered it on the 5th. What the fuck?

I made two phone calls last week to PlayStation support, the second time they asked for proof of shipping and said they'd investigate. Only now did I get a "we've received your item" email from them. Mildly irritated with PS UK's support atm.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
I would say you're in the 100% majority. There's a number of areas where the PS5 UI is a step backwards from what eventually evolved into the current PS4 UI, but the trophy list is definitely near the top of the list.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
I wish. I feel like they've taken one step forward and ten steps back in terms of the now cumbersome and soulless UI.
I would say you're in the 100% majority. There's a number of areas where the PS5 UI is a step backwards from what eventually evolved into the current PS4 UI, but the trophy list is definitely near the top of the list.

There are somethings I like about the PS5 UI, but most changes they seem to have made for the sake of making changes especially when the PS4 UI has reached a good place after so many years.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Has anyone got any tips for maximising battery life on the Dualsense? I had a 5 hour session on The Pathless this afternoon/evening, and it has gone from fully charged to 1 bar. That can't be normal surely?

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Buy a second DualSense? That's been my solution; there's always a spare in the charger.

The adaptive triggers and haptic feedback really take a lot of power; I've found when I'm playing PS4 games the controller lasts much longer than it does while I'm currently playing Ratchet & Clank. But it's a little like Sony heard all the complaints about the light bar on the DS4 eating into battery life and said, "Oh, you guys have no idea."

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Buy a second DualSense? That's been my solution; there's always a spare in the charger.

The adaptive triggers and haptic feedback really take a lot of power; I've found when I'm playing PS4 games the controller lasts much longer than it does while I'm currently playing Ratchet & Clank. But it's a little like Sony heard all the complaints about the light bar on the DS4 eating into battery life and said, "Oh, you guys have no idea."

Meh. Thanks guys. I guess I have just been spoiled by the battery life of my elite. I'm loving the controller otherwise, don't get me wrong. The vibration effect on the bow firing on the aforementioned The Pathless was very cool. Subtle but clever.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it was discussed before but I just noticed they removed the "update history" section for PS5 games. I enjoyed reading release notes for PS4 games ;_;

Deleted member 96395

Alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021

On PS4 it had Wireless Headphones app which you could use to check for firmware update and a reset, a casual reset once in a while helped solve same issue for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone help me out or guide me onto game sharing? The problem I have is, I own Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. On my PS5 as a Digital Game. Now my friend entered my account on his ps5 and hit offline and console sharing enable. But if I lose internet connection. It'll let me play offline games for a certain amount of time. And then ask me to connect to the internet again. I want my friend to be able to play my games. But I don't want to lose being able to play offline.
That's how it works. You have to be connected to web

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Day 1 PS5 here and I haven't had an issue with rest mode once.

I do a restart on the console every few days though, it's a good habit to get into.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Another way to do it is both of you give each other your primary, and whatever game you want to play offline you buy it on the other person's account. Also you can split PS+ this way, so whoever wants cloud saves should be the one to activate that.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Day 1 PS5 here and I haven't had an issue with rest mode once.

I do a restart on the console every few days though, it's a good habit to get into.
I don't even do that; basically the only time my PS5 restarts is when it has to for a system update. The rest of the time, it's either active or in rest mode. I think it once had to rebuild the database, in the first week of launch.

Nov 14, 2017
Was playing Rift Apart last night and I'm not sure if my controller was on low battery or if it was just the haptics but it was making some weird noises.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
I occasionally had this issue. Turns out my ps4 was using WiFi when I reconnected it next to the ps5. Haven't had an issue since I wired it. Not sure why exactly the ps4 and not my phone, but I'd check to see if you might have any devices on wifi that are interfering.
On PS4 it had Wireless Headphones app which you could use to check for firmware update and a reset, a casual reset once in a while helped solve same issue for me.

Thanks friends. What ended up working for me was something I found combing ResetEra for similar issues.

Turning off my Router's 2.4 Ghz signal completely fixed this. All of my internet traffic is on 5 Ghz so I didn't need it anyway. I don't have any more interruptions now. 👍

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
i got an email today offering to be in the ps5 system software beta program, not sure if i'm going to yet.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I got given a copy of PS4 Nioh 2 by a friend. When upgrading to the PS5 version, do I have to have both versions installed on the PS5 or can I delete the PS4 version?
SSD space is too limited to have two copies of the same game. Never done the upgrade from PS4 version before.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to ask this for a while but does anyone know of a solution to the PS5 not downloading updates and games in rest mode? Every time I boot up my console every update starts and I have to wait to play shit

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to ask this for a while but does anyone know of a solution to the PS5 not downloading updates and games in rest mode? Every time I boot up my console every update starts and I have to wait to play shit

Are you 100% sure it's set to "stay updated" in the settings?

Although i will say when i come out of rest mode w/ that setting on, it will download updates, so maybe im incorrect.

Jan 10, 2018
So I finally got my hands on a PS5 and I'm going through all the various settings and new additions at the moment. I'm having trouble finding or understanding a couple of things though:

1. Where can I buy new avatars? I can't find anything on the new PS Store.
2. I have a vague memory of a video that showed that you could talk into the controller mic and then it would translate it to text in the chat box. Is this possible?
3. Are profile pics of close friends not connected to Facebook anymore? My previous profile pic was gone.
4. Is there any browser you can use on the console?

Bonus question: How much more battery life does the new controller have compared to the PS4 one?

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
So I finally got my hands on a PS5 and I'm going through all the various settings and new additions at the moment. I'm having trouble finding or understanding a couple of things though:

1. Where can I buy new avatars? I can't find anything on the new PS Store.
2. I have a vague memory of a video that showed that you could talk into the controller mic and then it would translate it to text in the chat box. Is this possible?
3. Are profile pics of close friends not connected to Facebook anymore? My previous profile pic was gone.
4. Is there any browser you can use on the console?

Bonus question: How much more battery life does the new controller have compared to the PS4 one?
1. You might need to use the app or web store since they are under the PS4 section.
3. Yes they are disconnected, but you can still upload one from the app or account website.
4. No but there is a workaround if you have a link from messages.
Bonus. I get about ten hours with haptics and adaptive triggers off, which is two more than the DS4.

Jan 10, 2018
1. You might need to use the app or web store since they are under the PS4 section.
3. Yes they are disconnected, but you can still upload one from the app or account website.
4. No but there is a workaround if you have a link from messages.
Bonus. I get about ten hours with haptics and adaptive triggers off, which is two more than the DS4.

Thank you! And do you know if I can change or delete the icons on the xmb?

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Is that enough space for the PS5 ventilation to work?

image.png
No idea why people are saying they'd be concerned, this is an excellent place to put it and perfect in it's allowance for cooling. The PS5 draws in air from the rounded corner at the top/front, right side in your picture here. Incoming airflow is clearly fresh, cool air from the room and unobstructed. It vents straight out through the back, which is also pretty clearly unobstructed in this picture. You should have no problems at all.

madridi-gh

Mar 25, 2018
all of these native PS5 games have spoiled me with regards to loading, when I play other games (even games that have PS5 patch) anything above a couple of seconds now seem too long 😅