• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
PSDirect notified me that I'll be charged for my red Dual Sense, which means it's also getting ready to ship! Would be cool if I got it a bit early, been looking forward to it. :)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
How likely is it that GameStop will have some good trade-in value for a Dualsense? I have two white ones but I would love to swap one of them for another color.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want a external HDD for my PS5 but not sure which capacity is ideal for my PS4 games, I bought a 2TB HDD for my Series S but it got filled with a lot of One Games (thanks to GamePass) and feel I should have go for a 4TB unit lol

To be fair I think 2 TB is enough for my library, but I wouldn't mind backup PS5 games there too.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I want a external HDD for my PS5 but not sure which capacity is ideal for my PS4 games, I bought a 2TB HDD for my Series S but it got filled with a lot of One Games (thanks to GamePass) and feel I should have go for a 4TB unit lol

To be fair I think 2 TB is enough for my library, but I wouldn't mind backup PS5 games there too.

I have a 4TB HDD and I feel it's the perfect size, specially now that we can cold store PS5 games as well.

2TB wasn't cutting it anymore, so I put that on my Series S instead.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
I have a 4TB HDD and I feel it's the perfect size, specially now that we can cold store PS5 games as well.

2TB wasn't cutting it anymore, so I put that on my Series S instead.
I paid 170 dollars for a 5 TB to store my PS4 games in 2017, and I didn't regret it one bit.

You can now get a 5 TB for about 110 dollars, on Amazon and I think that's a really solid price.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Actually it's just 30 dollars in difference between a 2 TB and 4 TB unit, I think 4TB would be fine in that case 🤔 I need wait for the Prime day at least, I hope see better prices.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
C'mon Sony, add NVME support

Really eager to chuck a 2TB drive in the PS5; that'd quite comfortably carry me through to 2028 and I could just put that into a PS5 Pro if that eventually exists.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
C'mon Sony, add NVME support

Really eager to chuck a 2TB drive in the PS5; that'd quite comfortably carry me through to 2028 and I could just put that into a PS5 Pro if that eventually exists.
Surprisingly all three SSDs that I have been price tracking have dropped by about $70 CAD for the 1tb. Quite a bit faster than I would have imagined but that is price competition for you.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Surprisingly all three SSDs that I have been price tracking have dropped by about $70 CAD for the 1tb. Quite a bit faster than I would have imagined but that is price competition for you.
That's great. This is why I was pretty pleased that Sony went down this route, akin to Nintendo with Micro SD cards and just how stupidly cheap they have become now if you compare the current prices of them back in 2017.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
There's a slot for an internal NVMe drive that so far hasn't been enabled, which is clearly what Tora was referring to.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
so we should be getting the new DualSenses soon...I just realized that the red one is $5 more expensive than the black one, and I preordered the red one. I really like how it looks, but I'm wondering if I should cancel it for the black one now.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RbsFslv.jpg

Lo, I dutifully join your ranks. Gonna have to see if I can swap this MLB at Walmart for something I wanna play tho, these dang bundles.

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
After many, many months I finally got a PS5 at not scalper prices (which is still pretty damn high here in Chile), I'm currently preloading Ratchet & Clank and later I'll do a sweep through my library to see which games have native PS5 versions.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
so we should be getting the new DualSenses soon...I just realized that the red one is $5 more expensive than the black one, and I preordered the red one. I really like how it looks, but I'm wondering if I should cancel it for the black one now.
Feel free to use my usual handy rationalization: it's $5 more, and when you divide that $5 by the number of months you expect you'll be using it, it's the cheapest subscription service you'll ever pay for.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Feel free to use my usual handy rationalization: it's $5 more, and when you divide that $5 by the number of months you expect you'll be using it, it's the cheapest subscription service you'll ever pay for.
for sure I will be hopefully using it till the end of my Ps5's life cycle, but by this logic, the black DualSense doesn't charge any subscription service at all :(

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Yes, but you like the red one more; if it was just about what's cheapest, you wouldn't need the rationalization.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
So is the consensus that the Arctis 7P is the best headset for PS5?

In the $150 range maybe.
The Arctis 7P is basically the Arctis 1 wireless ($99) with a few refinement's.
The 7P seems like a safe choice. It's lacks punchy bass in some games, but is solid overall.

The Arctis Pro + GAMEDAC is a good wired option.
The Arctis Prime is a good controller plug-in option.

I still feel the Arctis Pro Wireless tops them all. The firmware up brought back the volume levels and detail heard on the PS4.

The Audeze Penrose is a good sounding headset, lot's of detail in the sound. But it's uncomfortable and needs the PS5 3D audio as it lacks on-board surround sound features. I think it's very expensive for what it offers.

Nov 14, 2017
In the $150 range maybe.
The Arctis 7P is basically the Arctis 1 wireless ($99) with a few refinement's.
The 7P seems like a safe choice. It's lacks punchy bass in some games, but is solid overall.

The Arctis Pro + GAMEDAC is a good wired option.
The Arctis Prime is a good controller plug-in option.

I still feel the Arctis Pro Wireless tops them all. The firmware up brought back the volume levels and detail heard on the PS4.

The Audeze Penrose is a good sounding headset, lot's of detail in the sound. But it's uncomfortable and needs the PS5 3D audio as it lacks on-board surround sound features. I think it's very expensive for what it offers.
Cool! Thanks for the help. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 7P and am going to pick it up from Best Buy this afternoon.

Vexidus

Nov 22, 2017
I finally landed a PS5 last week and have been enjoying it immensely! Can't notice any noise coming from it and have even installed games off disc and the disc drive is quiet for me. I consider myself lucky since I was worried about these issues.

I haven't been active on PSN since the PS3 days so my old friends list is kinda dwindled. I don't play multiplayer games or chat with people but like to see people online to see what they are playing. I would appreciate it if someone people from here could add me on PSN, same username as my name here. Thanks!

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
I finally landed a PS5 last week and have been enjoying it immensely! Can't notice any noise coming from it and have even installed games off disc and the disc drive is quiet for me. I consider myself lucky since I was worried about these issues.

I haven't been active on PSN since the PS3 days so my old friends list is kinda dwindled. I don't play multiplayer games or chat with people but like to see people online to see what they are playing. I would appreciate it if someone people from here could add me on PSN, same username as my name here. Thanks!
It is an amazing console. I added you on PSN

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT

Welcome to the owners club! I just added you, similar username to what I have here.

Got my black controller preordered, so excited to have my look complete with my painted console.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Kind of a strange question but.... is it somehow possible to hook up two headsets to one ps5?

The reason I ask is because I play many singleplayer games with headphones on (don't want to wake the little ones!). Would be cool if my wife or oldest child could also somehow listen in with a headset while I'm playing.

So basically.... two headsets connected and streaming the same audio source from a singleplayer game.

Noscusen

Dec 19, 2020
Yep it does. My brother and I do it. Much simpler than on PS4 since it's not tied to your primary console.

[URL unfurl
Yep it does. My brother and I do it. Much simpler than on PS4 since it's not tied to your primary console.

www.polygon.com

How to enable game sharing on PlayStation 5

The PS5 makes the process a lot simpler than Sony’s last console
You didn't encounter any issues right?

Nov 14, 2017
Not sure what you are asking. I haven't encountered any issues with game sharing so far.

My brother added my profile to his console and enabled the setting in the Polygon article and I did the same with his profile on my PS5 and was able to log into his account and kick off the download for Demon's Souls and then log back into my account and play it.

Noscusen

Dec 19, 2020
Not sure what you are asking. I haven't encountered any issues with game sharing so far.

My brother added my profile to his console and enabled the setting in the Polygon article and I did the same with his profile on my PS5 and was able to log into his account and kick off the download for Demon's Souls and then log back into my account and play it.
It was a general question? Like locked games or can't download games from your share account ext... Thank you for your answer by the way

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Is the 3D audio of the pulse headset any different to the headset I'm currently using (steelseries arctis 5)?

Basically is it "better"?