• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Is there anything special about the official Dualsense charging station? I'm seeing a bunch of 3rd party charging docks on walmart site now. It's just a fast charging USB dock, right?

Personally, i don´t trust 3rd party loading docks.

the Sony one is 10bucks more expensive but i feel safer using this.(kind of ironic considering how unstable the PS5 OS is but yeah...)

had the Sony dock for the PS4, lasted for years, a friend of mine had a third party dock which was suddenly not working anymore.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Is there anything special about the official Dualsense charging station? I'm seeing a bunch of 3rd party charging docks on walmart site now. It's just a fast charging USB dock, right?
It doesn't use the USB jack to charge, it used the contacts below the controller where the headphone jack is. You kind of just set it and it charges on there, it also has the overall PS5 aesthetic. Powered by an AC adapter.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't use the USB jack to charge, it used the contacts below the controller where the headphone jack is. You kind of just set it and it charges on there, it also has the overall PS5 aesthetic. Powered by an AC adapter.

Interesting, I presumed it would be powered from the console for some reason. It just plugs into the wall?

Oct 25, 2017
I went from ps4 to Ps5 DE and when I go to my game list it has all my old disc ps4 games listed. Is there a way or a trick or anything to remove them?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First impressions:

This console is huge, can't say I'm a fan compared to the Series X shape and size.

New UI is fun, like the new controller, having a "fresh" take on a different console goes a long way in separating (old vs new) consoles from each other.

The dualsense ergonomics are better than they've ever been, but not quite up to Xbox standards, especially the Series X. The handles feel...narrow and pointy? It feels weird when I grip it my palms. Been saying PS needed to make their controllers bigger and they finally did, thankfully.

The haptic hype is real. Astrobot felt amazing. Couldn't help but smile while playing that game. The mini gun felt AWESOME. From this point on more controllers need to put in a mic, haptic feedback and gyro (and paddles).

Demons Souls is as fun as I remember.

That's all, for now.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Played 8 hours today without any issue, the console was dead silent the whole time. Such a big contrast coming from the pro lol

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got mine.

And now I feel like a pathetic moron because I can't figure out how to turn it off lmao

I logged out to get to the login screen and turned it off from there but I am guessing there is a much easier way to do that which I just can't figure out

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Borderlands 3. Disappointed in the Dualsense implementation. Adaptive triggers don't change behavior at all depending on the gun and is simply one behavior: a click halfway down. It's better than nothing, but still. And it has the most basic rumble I've ever felt (or maybe I'm just too used to good haptics now, lol).

Unfortunate. This was my first shooter on the PS5 and I had hoped for more.

Also, I've come to more understanding of the console noise now. It's completely silent while doing anything outside of games. While playing games, there is a quiet coil whine. It's noticeable while the game has little to no noise, but not while there's any music or dialogue. Overall happy with the noise output, though having no coil whine at all would certainly have been nice.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got mine.

And now I feel like a pathetic moron because I can't figure out how to turn it off lmao

I logged out to get to the login screen and turned it off from there but I am guessing there is a much easier way to do that which I just can't figure out
Press the PS button once, go to the bottom function bar, and the power options are all the way on the right.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
So anyone else getting the disc drive starting up and revving while not playing games? It has happened a few times while watching Netflix. There is a disc in the drive so it's not like there's nothing in there. I just thought this was abnormal.

I contacted PS support and the lady told me not to worry since I wasn't getting any error codes. She said this after telling me she didn't now if this was a thing since the console was brand new lol

eek

Oct 26, 2017
So anyone else getting the disc drive starting up and revving while not playing games? It has happened a few times while watching Netflix. There is a disc in the drive so it's not like there's nothing in there. I just thought this was abnormal.

I contacted PS support and the lady told me not to worry since I wasn't getting any error codes. She said this after telling me she didn't now if this was a thing since the console was brand new lol
I've never had this happen but I don't have a disc in my drive

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it'll do that if you have a disc in the drive it's fine

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
The eagle has landed

iU3W1ua.png

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Spiderman remastered looks so good, and this is just performance mode. I don't remember nighttime looking this good on PS4, so many lights!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Spiderman remastered looks so good, and this is just performance mode. I don't remember nighttime looking this good on PS4, so many lights!

Swinging around Manhattan at night with the ray-tracing on is just gorgeous! The way the building's reflect on one another is just gorgeous. Miles is the same. I should try to grab some screens to share, actually!

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
it really does. I was like 'WOW' when swinging around at night.

Need to download Days Gone and try it on PS5. And due to one day delay in delivery, store sent us a free copy of Maneater for PS5. Not a bad game for a freebie though :D

Last edited:

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
I somehow scored a PS5 through Sony Direct tonight. Pretty much gave up any hope of getting a PS5 until next year.

Just ordered Miles and Ghost of Tsushima on the PSN store as I wait for my PS5 to arrive now. I still can't believe I got one, I just feel super lucky I guess. Either way, super pumped to finally dive into Ghost as I held off playing it on my PS4 Pro.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Walmart got niggas sick right now. Didn't realize they'd restocked.

Welp. Just makes me appreciate mine more lol and luckily, still no problems with mine. Miles crashed once early on, but nothing since. And I can't so much as hear it, other than the disc start up.

At least it looks like more will be coming soon.

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
Don't know if it's the case here, but I've seen many charging circuits that turn off the charge indicator above 80%, even though it's technically still charging.

Most modern charging logic are slow below 20%, then fastest charge from 20% to 80%, and then last 20% needs to take a very long time because it's a dangerous area that can damage the battery. Even with sleep cycles that let the battery cool for a while and the chemistry settles before continuing a constant voltage mode.

I'll try to probe this on the DS5 if I have some time, but they most probably use a tiny off-the-shelf charging chip that does everything by itself.
Yes, very possible they only trickle charge above a certain threshold (and don't flash the orange lights to indicate as such). I'm just passing on the observation, because I found it interesting. At first I thought something was wrong with the charger and/or controller. But it consistently behaves this way.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
This has probably been asked in this thread, but what games are you guys playing that are making good use of the PS5 (visible improvements/upgrades)? I'm done with Demons Souls (amazing), Astro is cool but fleeting, and Miles is ok but not grabbing me. Debating if I should buy AC V or maybe DMC 5.

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
I was planning on upgrading my 1060 after getting a PS5. But that doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon. Should I just upgrade instead?

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
My FF7 save isn't working for some reason? I downloaded the save to my PS5 but when I load up the game the continue option is greyed out. Has anyone had this issue? Am I missing some step?

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
My PS5 cost me a day's progress in Spider-Man today.

I booted up the machine and saw a notification of an inability to sync my saves because there was a discrepancy between them. The time stamps showed that the cloud save was 2 minutes newer than the local save, so that's the one I chose to sync.

Booted the game up and found that all my progress from yesterday was gone. Frustrating as hell.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
My FF7 save isn't working for some reason? I downloaded the save to my PS5 but when I load up the game the continue option is greyed out. Has anyone had this issue? Am I missing some step?

I had this issue with Fallout 4 when I first loaded it up. I then exited and redownloaded my save. You have to make sure if there's some weird "settings"save file that you grab that too.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck in playing the PS4 version of Dead by Daylight because the PS5 version refuses to read my DLC (which I bought on another account). I don't get why only the PS5 version has this problem.

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
Is it safe to use external drives again after the latest update?

No idea, still wary. I haven't had a single game or system crash or error since launch - except one.

That single issue involved an external hard drive, and didn't happen until the next day. I connected it, tested PS4 games, had no issues at all. Left it plugged in over night and my system did not like that. Scared me quite a bit when powering on the next day because I just got a black screen. After unplugging the power cord it came back on and said I didn't properly eject or disconnect the external drive.

I haven't touched it since, as I'm still playing through Miles anyway. but for now based on my anecdotes it may be wise to only have the external plugged in when playing PS4 games and always eject it before shutting down the console.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Since the update now I'm getting full PS5 crashes that result in the console turning off.

Thanks Sony. You fixed it and then broke it again.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Did Sony comment on the rest mode bugs?

I was playing Demon's Souls yesterday, went to eat, came back and my PS5 was in rest mode (as I checked later in the settings, PS5 was set to enter rest mode after 20 mins of inactivity).
Pressing the home button on the controller didn't do shit, the console stayed in the rest mode. Had to turn my PS5 off (using the power button on the console), then turn it on and wait for it to "rebuild storage".

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm switching through alot of games after getting my PS5 I've wondering, is it okay to put PS4 and PS5 games in a CD binder for easier access? Or are BluRays more prone to scratching this way?

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my PS5. What things I should do and shouldn't do? Is connecting ethernet cable ok, is PS4 system transfer fine?

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how the photo editor works in the Share Factory Studio, it won't let me add any screenshots.