• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't really work because the VR aspect is an integral part of the game. Future Astrobot releases should either be VR or not, no inbetweens per game.

I mean, many people including myself love Astro's Playroom and it doesn't require VR.

Limiting a potential sequel to VR only again would be disappointing to be honest.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I originally planned on the PS5 being in the entertainment center, but it really clashed with everything, so I purchased its own white cube:

LgFqY2x.jpg

umnQSbk.jpg

It really does want to be as conspicuous as possible. Shit looks cool, though.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I originally planned on the PS5 being in the entertainment center, but it really clashed with everything, so I purchased its own white cube:

LgFqY2x.jpg

umnQSbk.jpg

It really does want to be as conspicuous as possible. Shit looks cool, though.
I saw the white box first and thought did you really put it inside there then I looked up lol

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
some kind if weird bug where if you shut down your ps5 and turn it back on, it won't recognize the "disc" of MW. it says the disc version is incompatible with the version on the PS5 and asks you to reinstall.

Seems like it's a MW disc issue specifically, looking at the sub reddit.
oh,

That's the crossbuy issue. Where you have the ps4 disc but you put it into the ps5. When the update downloads show up, you are supposed to select the PS5 only one, and not Download all. Because download all will do the ps4 copy first, and you wont get the ps5 extras.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Had something really odd happen, never have I felt like my hands ached or felt awkward after any new controller, and I've played all of em. And there's something about the way my grip sits on this that brings that feeling. I held my Xbox controller afterwards and realized I have to kind of hover my palms over the Dualsense to use the sticks instead of being able to just wrap my palms around for support. I think the tapered ends need more to support your palms.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
asking again... anybody have insight into whether or not saves can transfer from a PS5 Disc to PS5 Digital version of the same game? I bought a demon's souls disc but would prefer to return it and go digital.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
asking again... anybody have insight into whether or not saves can transfer from a PS5 Disc to PS5 Digital version of the same game? I bought a demon's souls disc but would prefer to return it and go digital.
It makes literally no difference. I have Crash Trilogy on disc on ps4, but i downloaded the ps collection one the other day and continued my ps4 file on ps5 with the digital copy. Save files recognize the game.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
First weird thing happened with my PS5 today, specifically the DualSense. When I finished playing last night, my DualSense said it had 2/3 power bar in the UI, so I opted to not plug it in. Put my PS5 into Rest Mode for the evening and went to bed.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago and I press the PS button on my controller to wake the console for the first time since then. Nothing happens. I try multiple times thinking it just didn't register the button press. Zero action. Console and controller don't turn on.

I plug the controller in hoping it will work with a direct connection. No orange glow, no nothing upon connecting.p it. I'm using the supplied USB A->C cable plugged into a rear USB A port. So, if the controller is dead, it's not charging in Rest Mode right now either.

I'm starting to panic a bit, and realize I'll try one more thing. With the controller still plugged in to the rear port, I manually hit the power button...BOOM! Controller comes to life, and console UI says the battery is "low". No crap!

Two things this (maybe) tells me:

1) The DualSense somehow completely drained itself overnight. Like over 14 hours and crucially it was not plugged in.
2) The USB ports will get into a state in Rest Mode where they no longer supply power.

Hopefully my story helps others if they find themselves in a similar predicament and how to deal with it. Hope it's just a fluke.

Everything else has been smooth so far in my experience.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Man, this PS5 disc drive is louder than I expected. Playing through Yakuza 7, my first disc game, and I have to turn the volume all the way up.

The system is almost dead silent when I was playing digital games, lol.
I freaked out when it was installing Miles Morales, but I think that's just normal?

is it really that loud, or do we have a suspect system?

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Man, this PS5 disc drive is louder than I expected. Playing through Yakuza 7, my first disc game, and I have to turn the volume all the way up.

The system is almost dead silent when I was playing digital games, lol.
You sure it isn't still downloading? It may be ready to play but for my ps5 it makes noise until the full download and patch is finished. You may have installed the data required to start up, bits of the game, and the patch, but if you go to downloads, maybe it is still downloading it.

Aranikasu44

Dec 3, 2018
First weird thing happened with my PS5 today, specifically the DualSense. When I finished playing last night, my DualSense said it had 2/3 power bar in the UI, so I opted to not plug it in. Put my PS5 into Rest Mode for the evening and went to bed.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago and I press the PS button on my controller to wake the console for the first time since then. Nothing happens. I try multiple times thinking it just didn't register the button press. Zero action. Console and controller don't turn on.

I plug the controller in hoping it will work with a direct connection. No orange glow, no nothing upon connecting.p it. I'm using the supplied USB A->C cable plugged into a rear USB A port. So, if the controller is dead, it's not charging in Rest Mode right now either.

I'm starting to panic a bit, and realize I'll try one more thing. With the controller still plugged in to the rear port, I manually hit the power button...BOOM! Controller comes to life, and console UI says the battery is "low". No crap!

1) The DualSense somehow completely drained itself overnight. Like over 14 hours and crucially it was not plugged in.
2) The USB ports will get into a state in Rest Mode where they no longer supply power.

Hopefully my story helps others if they find themselves in a similar predicament and how to deal with it. Hope it's just a fluke.

Number 2 does seem the apparent one at the moment in rest mode if you read through

Number 1 could also be possible.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent all day on the couch playing Spider-Man Remastered and AstroBot. Haven't got to game like this in close to a year.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Any chance of the Criterion Channel app on the PS5?
Heard that Vimeo isn't compatible or supported on the PS4 and that's why the Criterion Channel landed only on the Xbox One last gen.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone buy a grip for the DualSense yet? My son is notorious for dropping controllers so I was tempted to get one but not many reviews . Wanna make sure it'll sit flush on the charging dock and stuff too

Amazon.com: PS5 Controller Grip Cover, Chin FAI Anti-Slip Silicone Skin Protective Cover Case for Playstation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller with 6 Thumb Grip Caps (White): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: PS5 Controller Grip Cover, Chin FAI Anti-Slip Silicone Skin Protective Cover Case for Playstation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller with 6 Thumb Grip Caps (White): Computers & Accessories

Last edited:

F34R

Oct 27, 2017

Settings > System > Power Saving > Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off. Make sure you don't have it set to "Don't Turn Off"

ComradeYork

Oct 27, 2017
Having a weird issue resuming via activity cards for Morales. It defaults to Fidelity mode and without subtitles. I went into the PS5 settings to see if the defaults caused it, but even when I corrected those settings it still does it.

Same for me. I have put around 10 hours into the game so far and had my 1st crash. Turned the ps5 to see if it would boot back up. I was afraid it would brick. It did its self checks and I was able to log in. I turned it off again, scared to play anymore.

I've put about 4 more hours into it since then and haven't had an issue, if that is encouraging for you at least.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen the Dual Sense charging dock come back in stock anywhere online? Still trying to find one.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
So what's everyone's Other storage sitting at? I deleted and disabled as much as I could but I have 150 gigs of Other storage and as far as I can tell that's just related to PS4 backwards compatibility? I wasn't really intending on getting an external drive for BC since I don't play that much at once but I also wasn't expecting it to take up a quarter of my drive.

Tunar

May 6, 2020
So turned on my console and booted up miles and been stuck on a black screen for 15 mins. Any one have a fix for this? Tried holding the power button and it doesn't do anything.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm so curious how the Activity Cards system works.

Specifically, how do the cards keep your current save from being overwritten? If I'm on a current story mission in Miles Morales, and I decide to click an activity card that is one of the suit missions, what happens to my current progress?

I think the concept is awesome, but I worry about how I can use it "safely" without losing progress.

Also, do you think the cards is how they'll be able to apply the Quick Resume feature of the Xbox? I would think it would be easy to implement, essentially creating a blank card that can be anyone's custom save state.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Settings > System > Power Saving > Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off. Make sure you don't have it set to "Don't Turn Off"
Thanks for the response. I just checked and it's set to 10 minutes for controllers. So, guess that's not it. Unless it that setting doesn't work? I do remember the controller being off though when I went to bed too.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So what's everyone's Other storage sitting at? I deleted and disabled as much as I could but I have 150 gigs of Other storage and as far as I can tell that's just related to PS4 backwards compatibility? I wasn't really intending on getting an external drive for BC since I don't play that much at once but I also wasn't expecting it to take up a quarter of my drive.

the only BC game I have on there right now is Destiny 2, with the other two games being Astro's and Bugsnax. Currently my Other storage is at 22 GB. Does it not go down at all when you delete a BC game? My next game is going to be Ghost of Tsushima and wondering if I should keep PS4 games to a minimum on there right now.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't put your console in standby for now.

I haven't had any issues going into Standby after the initial problems.

The two factors seem to be either having an external drive connected or Spider-Man Remastered installed (downloading?).

Long as you don't have either then it should be safe.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
May have just found a revelatory setting for all those having issues with USB charging...maybe.

Settings > System > Power Saving > Features Available in Rest Mode > Supply Power to USB Ports.

Mine was set to "3 Hours", and I'm changing this to "Always" now. There's also an "Off" setting.

Apologies if this feature has been brought up already, however this explains at least one of the issues I outlined above: ie, the reason my controller would not charge from a USB port after my console had been in Rest Mode all night.

Whoo!

Hopey

Nov 18, 2019
Bestbuy said UPS misplaced my PS5, I dont even know how. Told me they will ship out another? on the 18th of November

Goldash

Nov 3, 2020
Buffalo, NY + Toronto, ON
Enjoying the PS5 after a few really weird freezes during Astros Playroom on night one. Turned off Rest Mode for now and no errors reported since. Great performance all around, though. PS4 games, especially those with unlocked framerates (Infamous Second Son, MLB The Show 20) feel brand new.

Weird situation, though: I currently have 75+ GB in the "Other" storage category which I assume may be the result of games not transferring correctly from PS4 for PS5. Is the 75+ GB in "Other" normal? Or should I try unplugging and clearing my cache to make sure it's not the result of incomplete data?

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting a clicking from their dualsense? It's like a very noticble loud "click" coming from something. Almost like one of the haptics motors is damaged. It happens especially in Astro bot, in the jungle level when you have access to the bow. If you hit square to attack, it always does this click for me.

just reposting this because I'm curious. I can replicate it on both of my controllers.

I also notice the exact noise in bugsnax when taking out the scanner

Same exact clicking noise when pressing r2 to swing in Miles Morales. Each r2 I get a "click"

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
82.88GB
Thanks for the response. I just checked and it's set to 10 minutes for controllers. So, guess that's not it. Unless it that setting doesn't work? I do remember the controller being off though when I went to bed too.
That is odd, it does work as far as I can tell.
Bestbuy said UPS misplaced my PS5, I dont even know how. Told me they will ship out another? on the 18th of November
Means someone took it basically.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
May have just found a revelatory setting for all those having issues with USB charging...maybe.

Settings > System > Power Saving > Features Available in Rest Mode > Supply Power to USB Ports.

Mine was set to "3 Hours", and I'm changing this to "Always" now. There's also an "Off" setting.

Apologies if this feature has been brought up already, however this explains at least one of the issues I outlined above: ie, the reason my controller would not charge from a USB port after my console had been in Rest Mode all night.

Whoo!
There's still something wrong though. I have mine set to 3 hours, plug in the controller immediately, and come back a few hours later and it hasn't charged at all.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone know if PS5 supports a super sampling mode like the PS4 Pro? I don't see any option for it in the settings.

MordinSolus

May 1, 2020
just reposting this because I'm curious. I can replicate it on both of my controllers.

I also notice the exact noise in bugsnax when taking out the scanner

Same exact clicking noise when pressing r2 to swing in Miles Morales. Each r2 I get a "click"
I'm pretty sure Jeff from Giantbomb mentioned this noise in one of their videos/podcasts and he just thought it was the adaptive triggers either engaging or disengaging

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure Jeff from Giantbomb mentioned this noise in one of their videos/podcasts and he just thought it was the adaptive triggers either engaging or disengaging
I'll have to try to find when he talks about this.
It's just weird it's specific moments that trigger it. Not always. But Spider-Man every swing does. Noticed it today and made me really nervous