• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Well my system just crashed while playing miles. Just turned off and now wont start. I'll try unplugging for 20 minutes. Didnt use external storage or ethernet.

Edit: Plugged it back in after 5 minutes and used to power button. Its working again.

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I don't seem to have any audio output thriving HDMI, only through Headphones if I plug in my wireless ones. not sure what's up. from the very first boot up, no sound at all.

tried different cables, inputs on TV etc. Nada.

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
The download speeds on the PS5 are so much faster for me than the PS4. I got 850 Mbps download on the PS5, compared to whatever sub 100 Mbps I was getting on PS4.

everything is so snappy.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
One too many screen. Also why isn't there a settings button when you press the ps button. I have to go the home screen just to access it

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
So I downloaded Miles Morales (it was 37gb). I can play the game without interruption, but there's another Miles Morales file that is 50gb and has 0% download progress. Any idea why?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
On PS4 downloading Destiny 2, Demon's Souls and Grand Theft Auto 5 would have been a 6+ hour affair. So far on PS5 I've downloaded Destiny and DS in under an hour and moving on to GTA. Really impressive speed boost.

I also can't hear my console, which was a nice surprise coming from the Pro. I have the Unicorn version (digital), so no disc noise either that some reviewers complained about.

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
Was playing just fine and then went to try and share a clip from Miles Morales and got a message that the feature is temporarily unavailable. A game that was installing in the background then got an error. Checked internet status and it said failed. Restarted the PS5 and everything was working again. Went to share that clip and same problem started again and Wi-Fi fails to connect afterwards. Guess I won't be sharing any clips right now then. I shared a screenshot earlier with no problem.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
So what's going on with broadcasting? I can't seem to get a video feed going when I broadcast from my PS5 to Twitch. It captures my audio though.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember hearing about this many dead consoles day 1 for the ps4 or ps3 launch...

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
People should better stay off any PS4 stuff like games on external HDD or copying their profile and data over. and especially don´t use rest mode.

there are enough reports by now on reddit, quite a few systems have some major problems with that.

Primeau31

Nov 18, 2017
I pre ordered via Walmart on Sept 16th and got in store pickup near me in PA. Got an email on Oct 7th confirming it would be there for pickup Nov 12th.

I go there today and they said "Oh we gave out all the pre orders today and yours wasn't here, yeah we know you ordered it on the 16th of September but it just isn't here."

What!?!

Nov 8, 2017
The PS5 can't direct stream .mkv's in Plex. They show up as an unsupported container. Hopefully this is addressed in a soon to be released firmware update as it was for the PS4 which didn't even have a media player to start with. I just hope it doesn't take as long as it did with the PS4.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Feels like HDR isnt working... astrobot says its using it, but feels a little dead. Not getting the highlight impact from previous games... any ideas?

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Anybody know how to remove your real name from being displayed? Had it setup on ps4 for a few friends but I wanna remove it and I cant find the option anywhere.

Edit: I see I can set who sees it and unselect everyone, but I dont even want it on the main screen. Guess you cant.

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
So Demon's Souls finished downloading and when I click play it just stays at the splash screen forever. Astro's Playroom has been fine. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm digital, so is it still considered a pre-order until x time or something?

Edit: In case anyone else runs into this issue, shut the PS5 down fully and power back on. Now it plays no problem. Super weird.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
IMG-20201112-190127-624.jpg

Finally hooked it up, downloading spiderman remastered and Miles Morales! Cheers Era
Beautiful.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone having issues with their pulse 3D headset? It's like it cuts out on me at times, I want to say there is some interference ( my router is mad close to the system) but trying to see what things I could do.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So I have basically been playing my PS5 since 3 PM. I have a LAN cable connected. The consensus is I should unplug that shit or potentially see a bricked console?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play ps4 games yet? Playing fall Guys and its so blurry. Like insanely blurry.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Something odd just happened while playing Demon's Souls, a black smear started enveloping the screen starting from the middle outwards and would move around whenever I moved the camera. I also saw some large red flashing lights come from nowhere that looked a lot like a GPU artifacting to me, it would all go away if I pulled up the pause screen but returned after un-pausing. Really hope that was just a bug with the game and not my PS5 dying lol.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone actually know much about how the charging station works? Like does it continue to draw power once they're fully charged? Just wondering if it would be worth throwing a smart plug in there so I can shout at alexa to turn it off instead of keep reaching for sockets.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
The wait for me as an European is harder than I thought it would be lol. Reading impressions in forums/social media and watching some streams make me wanna have this system now. Oh well, I'll survive... (I hope).

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having issues with their pulse 3D headset? It's like it cuts out on me at times, I want to say there is some interference ( my router is mad close to the system) but trying to see what things I could do.
I just experienced this issue when I went into Crash NSane Trilogy. Just this constant cutting in and out like it couldn't keep a signal, similar to a radio.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This console seems really buggy still. Miles Morales crashed on me, then it wouldn't eject the disc or play. After shutting it off, it ejected the disc fine. Then I pop in Demons Souls and it stays on the splash page forever. Also, network transfer from my PS4 is either not working or taking forever. I'm just going to manually download/install the games that I want instead of doing this. At least my cloud saves carried over without any issues.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Will the PS5 camera work with PC?

Actually, is there a PS4 camera that works? I had the PSeye working for awhile but I think something became incompatible at some point.

shungokusatsu

Dec 16, 2017
Deadass where is the download queue?? Lmao i just transferred the last of us 2 from ps4 but I don't understand if anything is downloading...
Yeah, it can be confusing since it's not permanent. If you have downloads active, hit the PS button and scroll down to the menu. You will see a queue only if there's an active download.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Wait can you actually play games now without it slowing down the download speed?

Also the os just straight up crashed for me. I was trying to pause and resume the download for demon's souls. It automatically started downloading the next thing so I went to pause that and resume Demon's souls and then it just started getting weird. It took like 2 minutes to shut down and it said rebuilding database when it powered on again.