• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
About to plug in and get to updating. Clinching my buttcheeks that everything goes smoothly.

PS5-2.jpg

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
the dualsense feels really nice. i keep hitting the mic button (?) when going for the ps button though

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Try re-downloading the game? Might be file corruption.
Yeah I rebooted and was still having the pop-in issue (though no more hard crash it seems), so I'm redownloading it. Hopefully something just got screwy in the download and that fixes it.

I can´t say anything specific to Demon´s Souls.

a bit more general: sometimes there are games where hardware issues show up which doesn´t show up in other games.
for example, i´ve had a normal PS4 that died in 2015 and the only game where it was visible first was Alienation which got me all kind of weird artifacts and colours, all other games were fine.

first i´ve thought the game is corrupt or has a major bug so i´ve stopped playing and thought "ah well, there will be a patch for sure".
played something else. a few hours later the console crashed and wouldn´t turn on again.

don´t want to make you paranoid that there is something with the console but errors in one specific game can definitely show that something isn´t alright with the hardware.

Yeah, I know it's possible it could be the system, just hopeful it's not. It's literally pops of what looks like flat particle texture files (noticed smoke and fire looking ones this last time too), without any of the usual techno-babely random lines and colors that I've experienced with a prior GPU failure. Idk, fingers crossed this redownload does the trick. I'm also going to try some PS4 games in a bit and see if I'm having any issues there too.

At the very least I guess I can play through Astro Bot and Bugsnax before I RMA the thing if it is a hardware issue? Lol.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Hey does anyone know what's going on with game share? I can play my.friends games but he cannot play mine on ps5. On ps4 we can both play each others games at the same.time whats the deal?
How does game sharing work on ps5, there is no "primary", but there is a game share setting in settings. Do you just enable it and allow each of you to login to their other account?
Just went through this.

In Settings -> Users and Accounts -> Other -> Console Sharing and Offline Play.
You must check that the their account is set to enabled and vise versa.
The first time an account is singed into a PS5 it is auto set to enabled.

This does NOT effect the PS4 console. : )

+ tatsu123
Any ideas how to get download the upgrade for the disc version of Spider-Man?
Think the GB crew goes through this, not sure how it works like this with a Disc.

Last edited:

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nope doesn't work. Just says disables no matter what account your on if you have another account on another ps5 with it enabled. Game sharing is over.

But that's the point, right? Your account has it Enabled on their PS5, and their account has it Enabled on your PS5, or am I misunderstanding this.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
The PS5 looks weird for sure sideways but I kind of like it. It's like a space ship or something.

UwemSPp.jpg

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So are a lot of people having issues with the PS5? Going by Reddit it seems like there's loads of issues and suggestions to avoid using rear LAN port/USB or not doing data transfers.

it's making me paranoid to set mine up when it gets here lol

Yeah having issues here. I used the rear USB ports for external storage and for the PSVR cables..

GreatBritton

Oct 29, 2017
People are saying fallen order ps5 is 60 locked? Am I missing something? I'm playing it now and it seems nowhere near 60. Do I need to enable 1080p performance mode?

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since I have to wait an extra day for my console to arrive, I had two quick questions:

1. Can the PS5 play games from other accounts on other regions like the PS4? I have a few games under a EU account, and the PS4 always let me boot them up in my NA account with no issue. I'm hoping the process is just as smooth on PS5.

2. When moving games between storage devices, can you keep playing in the background while games are being moved (like on the Xbox), or are you stuck on a screen and need to wait for it to finish moving (like on the PS4)?

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Every single one of my games came dislodged.
Good thing they don't scratch easy.
It's one of the reason the case is using a very soft plastic, and the BD have a very hard coating (durabis spin-coat). So it's practically impossible that it get scratched if it's dislodged.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i like the lock/ps+/download arrow that's on the game library tiles. the only problem is when a game uses a white background which renders them invisible

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
My PS5 just arrived and I'm currently unboxing it but wanted to say that the DualSense controller feels fucking incredible. I haven't even plugged in my PS5 yet to try out the haptics or resistance triggers, I'm simply talking from a build quality and ergonomics standpoint.

It feels about 1000x more premium than the DualShock 4, and the shape, textures, buttons, etc, feel absolutely incredible. The triggers in particular are insanely smooth, and the shape of the triggers feels great as well.

I haven't powered any of this on yet but can definitively say this is by far the best controller Sony has ever produced.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
Hey y'all, having some trouble. I redeemed a few codes for PS5 games, but none of them are showing purchased on my console or on the app. Any help?? They show up in transaction history :(

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
My Digital Edition came in early today! I've redeemed Bugsnax and played through the main game of Astro's Playroom. I will probably go back and collect everything.

The controller feels a little weird at first. Something about how my middle fingers rest on it. I'll get used to it. All the new features on it are kinda cool. I'm sure it'll come down to how developers use it all though.

I'm debating getting the base game of Godfall. I've seen a few reviews and it kinda looks right up my alley. I'm someone that put 300 hours into Too Human, so I think I'll be okay with this one, lol.

Not a big Souls fan and I can wait on Miles Morales, as I did with Spidey when that released. Sackboy looks like a lot of fun and platformers are always nice for me.

Decisions, decisions. 😝

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Sooo, when you transfer over everything from PS4. Is there a way to do just Saves and Profile stuff? Can you manually just reDL the PS4 games you want from the PS5 store? I don't want to have to delete practically all my games off my PS4 just so I can transfer without losing everything.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
yXxKgxP.jpg

Finally have it setup, moved my Pro away up top and had to take off two wooden flat panels. It's a big console. How's the clearance space up top? Is that fine for the air intake or should I move it somewhere more open?

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who has tried this but can you make it so any videos and screenshots get saved directly to extended storage and not the internal?

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
According to the Sony, we should be able to upgrade our regular edition of Miles Morales to the ultimate edition for $20, but I can't find the option anywhere. I think it's supposed to be from within the game menu, but nowhere to be seen for me. Anyone else try upgrade to the ultimate edition?

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
Loving the ps5 so far, but I do have one weird little issue. The front usb-a port doesn't charge the controller in rest mode, but it does when it's turned on. The rear ports charge it in rest mode at least but still weird.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
Wow, this box is huge. I have to wait until I'm off work, but I'm not sure this is going to fit in my entertainment center

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IBH.gif

with 667GB space is precious enough already, why the heck does the system need both the PS4 and the PS5 version to run the PS5 version? awful stuff...

I think it may have been a bug. I tried deleting everything, both versions, and starting again and now it seems to be downloading just the ps5 version. We'll see.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
How long did the PS4 - PS5 transfer take for all of you. There is no progress bar that I can see.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Holy shit. How close is that to your max cable bandwidth? And is that on Wi-Fi or ethernet connection?

I have a 200mb down connection and have never seen more than 35 down directly connected with my PS4 Pro.
I believe we have 250mb/10mb and connected through an Ethernet I get a sustained 207mb/6mb. On 5G wi-fi I got 141mb/4mb. Significantly improved over PS4 Pro.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How is everyone's fan noise? I can hear a very slight buzzing but I don't know if I'm just being paranoid.

Arkham

Nov 12, 2017
Both Netflix and Amazon Prime apps say ERROR, I can't even figure out how to try uninstalling and reinstalling. Anyone experience this?

EDIT: Finally got the popup menu bar to work and was able to get to the errors list and delete them. Took some searching. Apparently the only way to see the notifications now is via the quick menu.

Last edited:

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
For those wondering about SSD to 3.0 HDD transfer, it took me approximately 35 minutes to transfer Modern Warfare and Ghost of Tsushima.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I believe we have 250mb/10mb and connected through an Ethernet I get a sustained 207mb/6mb. On 5G wi-fi I got 141mb/4mb. Significantly improved over PS4 Pro.

That is wild. I fully intended to have it directly connected. Hoping for similar experiences. Sucks to be coming home after work with a limited window to play only to download a patch or something at snails pace!

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting a clicking from their dualsense? It's like a very noticble loud "click" coming from something. Almost like one of the haptics motors is damaged. It happens especially in Astro bot, in the jungle level when you have access to the bow. If you hit square to attack, it always does this click for me.

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
My copy of Miles Morales is delayed by a day or two. Good thing I have Demon's Souls and Sackboy (and Astrobot+Bugsnax) to mess around with.