• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon messed up my order and it got deleted from today till Monday. I fiddled with the shipping option and suddenly it's updated to Sat so that's cool. At least I won't have to wait till Monday. I have a copy of MM just sitting hear teasing me. Can't wait.

Hopefully the dying consoles is just bug related and there's not something more systemic. I'll be keeping an eye on the OT for more posts. Good luck to all those who are having issues

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Got mine an hour ago. Loved the setup experience. Whole system feels premium. UI feels like a nice remix of PS3 and PS4 I think? Very responsive. I love that it asked for you to insert a disk before you set it up so it can load it up.

Kids are playing Astro now and loving it. I won't have a chance to play until later tonight but so far so good. No issues.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Just opened it up - beautiful looking system. Gotta say, I love the goofiness of the design. I think it's really cool.

REALLY impressed by the feel of the controller out of the box! My favorite part of a new generation is trying out a new controller. Have some work to do but excited to plug it in later and dig in. Will probably try Astrobot first to give that controller a spin, and then dig into Demon's Souls.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
So I gotta say, I'm not enjoying the PS5 UI experience currently. Got it downloading a good amount of games before i try anything out and the music and just how empty it feels is getting to me. Tried to see if I can change the theme at all and well, no. Making me really miss my P5 Royal theme on my PS4 right about now or the Lo-fI city scape one I had. Had to mute it.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Maybe an unncessary early worry, but concerned about handling multiple regions. I can log into my accounts from each region and download their games, but right now on my USA account my JPN store games that are queued for download do not show as purchased and say "view product"

I'm hoping when they're done installing they will play. Otherwise it looks like I might have to switch between users and users can only play games from their own region.

PS4 handled it where all the games you bought and downloaded from any region store were playable across all users no matter the region. Hoping that is still the case.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These downloads speeds are insane. I have a crappy wireless connection and Demon's Souls will get the full 52GB done in way less than an hour. Crazy. Gears 5 was downloading all day yesterday on my XSX.

Finishing the work day is going to be harder than anticipated!

Slammey

Mar 8, 2018
Is there a reason why my video output shows 4k 60hrz in the settings ?

LG CX latest firmware HDMI 2.1 cable that comes with PS5.

What am I missing here ?

Thanks

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Loving most everything so far, but the PlayStation store is pretty broken right now. Not sure if it's just because it's getting hammered or what. I tried to claim bugsnax and it errors every time. Same with trying to download ps5 version of watchdogs.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Re: running PS4 games off an external drive, can I format my HDD with my Pro, move my games over (doing this specifically for Tsushima, RDR2 and Doom Eternal) and plug-and-play them into my PS5 (assuming I'm using the same PSN profile)? Thanks!

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to turn off the console lights? It's in my room and I'm an adult...don't need or want a nightlight

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Hey does anyone know what's going on with game share? I can play my.friends games but he cannot play mine on ps5. On ps4 we can both play each others games at the same.time whats the deal?

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
20201112-154648.jpg

Happiest 4 year old today lol

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Aside from Astrobots, how weird is it that my first full game is going to be Sekiro on PS5? I've been waiting for the 60fps experience in complete silence. Finally the day has come.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
How does game sharing work on ps5, there is no "primary", but there is a game share setting in settings. Do you just enable it and allow each of you to login to their other account?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't get any signal through my hdmi switch and my avermedia capture card. I'll get it all set up and then reconfigure everything.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Just had my first freeze while playing Astro. Was able to hold the power button to get it to power down. It had to rebuild the DB, but other than losing a few minutes of Astro nothing big. It may have been caused by a notification that MM was updated popping up because it happened within a few seconds of that notification disappearing.

Gonna need one of those stability upgrades ASAP

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm hoping Sony can fast follow with updates to the OS and games if people are running into these issues (assuming it isn't a bad batch of launch hardware, that is).

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure these has been mentioned but why does the ps5 have a browser setting (clearing cache) but not a browser? Lol found that funny.
Also using my gold headsets (ps4 version with VSS) on the ps5 playing mw 2019 is absolutely trash. Sound is muffled and no matter what setting I use the bass boost is atrocious, the multi directional sound is all wrong. It sounds like that on ps4 when VSS is turned off on the headset. This will seriously get me to upgrade to the ps5 headset but I need to know if the sound quality is decent when used with backwards compatible games that don't use the tempest engine

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from Astrobots, how weird is it that my first full game is going to be Sekiro on PS5? I've been waiting for the 60fps experience in complete silence. Finally the day has come.

I'm really glad I held off on so much post-game content in Tsushima, that 60fps will be GLORIOUS!

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you enable boost mode in games? And I can't for the life of me figure out how to upgrade Spider-Man 1 from the disk. It just copies and plays in ps4 mode. No option to download the upgrade in the gamehub... twitch streams and the option to play. Any ideas?

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find the "ps5 upgrade" to assassin's creed valhalla kind of confusing.

I own the digital PS4 ACV. Originally, when I downloaded it to PS5 I just sort of assumed it would automatically receive a patch to become the PS5 version. It doesn't, it just plays the PS4 version. To play the PS5 version you have to go seek out the PS5 upgrade from the storefront.

So I did that, and it downloaded a whole other application -- The PS5 version. I thought fine, okay, so now I can delete the PS4 version, because they're both listed in my storage (50 gigs each). But, no, if you delete the PS4 version you can't play. You have to have them both installed, meaning you have to have 100 gigs occupied to play ACV.

It's a little confusing, but I thought I'd post here as kind of a warning about buying PS4 versions that promise "PS5 upgrade included" because it may have some drawbacks.

Jan 20, 2019
There are zero primary options. It has an official "console sharing" option. When enabled I have access to.my friends titles but he cannot access mine. On ps4 we could both simultaneously access each others.

oh, yah on ps4 that is how it worked, i have multiple accounts.

I dont have a ps5 so cant help you there. Have you try to disable and enable again?

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
So are a lot of people having issues with the PS5? Going by Reddit it seems like there's loads of issues and suggestions to avoid using rear LAN port/USB or not doing data transfers.

it's making me paranoid to set mine up when it gets here lol

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Plugged in my external HDD that I used on my PS4 and got a lot of Errors for game updates.

CE-107858-9

Any clue what it means? They're all disc based games, and it seems like the digital ones are fine.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe how damn quiet this monster is, after the jet engine that was my PS4 Pro...

I'm confused about the HDR settings. I set up HDR during initial setup, but in my display settings it says it's off and when I try to turn it on it says my TV doesn't support HDR. I am confuse.

Did you make sure the HDMI inputs on your TV are set to "Enchanced" or whatever so they cant accept 4k/HDR signals?

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
I've been downloading and transferring stuff all day. I haven't played a single game (like 5 minutes of Judgement)
Spiderman is here is so no more watching for USPS/FedEx/UPS I can finally play for real.

My launch games are Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Spiderman:MM and DMC5:SE.

Got my 2TB FireCuda setup as my PS4 external.
Hoping that the WD_BLACK SN850 2TB gets approved by Sony for my internal PS5 drive.

I'm going to miss the optical audio feature. I loved running dual audio from my sound bar and headphones. Now everything goes straight to the headphones.

Anyone know when the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless firmware update drops?
Right now it works on a very basic level. The chat mix/game slider is reversed with for some reason.

The Pulse 3D sound weak IMO (been using them for more than a week) not sure if I'll keep using them.
I'll probably check out the SS 7P. The The Pulse 3D just don't sound that powerful.

Off to play Astro's Playroom

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey does anyone know what's going on with game share? I can play my.friends games but he cannot play mine on ps5. On ps4 we can both play each others games at the same.time whats the deal?
How does game sharing work on ps5, there is no "primary", but there is a game share setting in settings. Do you just enable it and allow each of you to login to their other account?

Don't have my PS5 yet, will be getting it later to test with me and the bro, but I saw a video for Settings > Users and Accounts > Console Sharing and Offline Play with Disable/Don't Disable options.

So I assume person A logs into person B's PS5 with said option Enabled, then person B logs into person A's PS5 with said option Enabled.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'm also getting a low hum and while it's relatively quiet I can definitely hear the fan

Yeah, if I get close to my PS5 I can hear the fan even when its just sitting at the dash. No sound in the background really. Waiting for Demon's Souls to be delivered to fire up... will definitely be keeping an ear to the fan to see how it sounds then. So far, it just sounds like I can hear the fan spinning to be honest.

I noticed some fan noise (almost a clicking sound... not overly loud, but loud enough to be worrying) when checking out Gears 5 on my Series X.

Fingers crossed its not a big deal on either system!

Anybody with a wireless USB headset/Arctis 7x having issues with the PS5 not even recognizing its there?

I have the 7X and no issues. I have the wireless dongle plugged into the USB C port on the front of the PS5. Working flawlessly for me!

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
oh, yah on ps4 that is how it worked, i have multiple accounts.

I dont have a ps5 so cant help you there. Have you try to disable and enable again?
Yeah it works perfect on ps4 for me using the primary system.
Don't have my PS5 yet, will be getting it later to test with me and the bro, but I saw a video for Settings > Users and Accounts > Console Sharing and Offline Play with Disable/Don't Disable options.

So I assume person A logs into person B's PS5 with said option Enabled, then person B logs into person A's PS5 with said option Enabled.
Nope doesn't work. Just says disables no matter what account your on if you have another account on another ps5 with it enabled. Game sharing is over.