• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
For anyone wondering about compatibility with arcade sticks, I tried SFV and my arcade stick works fine.
Inside the arcade stick is a Brook Universal Fightboard.

this is a real relief for me haha!

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The loud buzzing came back again when doing the update, and now my fan is pretty loud or something, unless I am still hearing the disc drive for some reason. I can't hear my Series X at all but the PS5 seems almost louder than my PS4 Pro. It's a little worrisome after hearing so many reports about how quiet it is from others.
That definitely doesn't sound normal...

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The loud buzzing came back again when doing the update, and now my fan is pretty loud or something, unless I am still hearing the disc drive for some reason. I can't hear my Series X at all but the PS5 seems almost louder than my PS4 Pro. It's a little worrisome after hearing so many reports about how quiet it is from others.
For me I can tell it's the disc drive, at least I hope so. When it stops it's silent.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So any impressions on how PS4-to-PS5 upgrades from disc work?

I'm getting the PS4 version of Dirt 5 to play on PS5 (had a CeX voucher to spend so got it from there) and would like to know how it works when you put the disc in. Thanks in advance!

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
The 4K PS5 menu is HDR, or at least SDR mapped into a HDR container. As soon as it boots your TV should display HDR.

I couldn't find any option to turn it off in game, the console system settings seem to be the only place. Makes me wonder.of the system will automatically map SDR games to the HDR wrapper (and how well).

Destiny looked good (although Nessus and EDZ just got a new lighting pass and they messed up how HDR is displayed there too 🤣)

Seems it's going to take a bit for developers to get used to HDR color space! Add it to the reminder on larger text for 4K resolutions!

Thanks for the info. Yeah, it's weird that even SDR games are set to HDR and it makes it darker. Think I'll have to manually turn on/off HDR depending on the game I'm playing.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Anyway to not "follow" games automatically when they are installed?

Also is there anyway to watch PS5 streams on the system like Live with Playstation on PS4?

ShinyCoin

Oct 15, 2020
Can someone confirm if Bloodborne in the PS Plus collection has Old Hunters included? Or is it just the base game?

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered, but when you do PS4 to PS5 network transfer can you select individual games or does it copy everything? Just wondering if I will need to delete content from the PS4 first.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Had the biggest smile on my face when I tried out the triggers in Astro's Playroom.

The hype for this controller was real, hoping devs take advantage of it in their games past launch.
How do you get the PS Plus Collection games? Just add them to your library?
Yeah, there's a section for them in the home menu somewhere. I just went one by one and added them to my library.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Question for peeps about the PS Collection:

Can you add them on the PS5, and then download them on the PS4?

I'm keeping my PS4 to move to another room and I essentially want to know if I can safely trade in my hard copies of games like God of War, Uncharted 4, etc or if the PS Collection versions of the games only show up on PS5.

I know you need a PS5 to add them to your library, but I'm curious if you can go to the pages on the PS4 store after you've done that and download them there.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I'm reading stories on the internet that people are suggesting to not transfer any PS4 games yet to PS5 via LAN or external drive since it seems like some people got their PS5 bricked because of it. Rebuilding the database glitching out or something.

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So once again internet is fucked? I have gigabit speed but it's saying my download is 130Mbps on Cat6 ethernet, just like PS4.

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Set my DNS to the Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ones and it's better (430 Mbps) but still half of my actual internet speed.

Not from my perspective. I was able to get a sustained throughput of nearly 700Mbits per second. Are you on fiber or cable?

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My update for Demon's Souls is done but is stuck on calculating remaining time, and says 99+ hours when I go to launch the game lol.

edit: of course it fixed when I posted this

breander

Oct 27, 2017
Any load time comparisons from and external ssd drive vs the internal ssd for ps4 games yet? I have a 5TB external mechanical drive but moving games in and off the internal ssd seems like its going to be a pain. Willing to splurge on an external ssd if the load times are at least in the same ball park as the internal.

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. How close is that to your max cable bandwidth? And is that on Wi-Fi or ethernet connection?

I have a 200mb down connection and have never seen more than 35 down directly connected with my PS4 Pro.

My max bandwidth is 990Mbits/sec up and down. I didn't see speeds anywhere near that on my PS4 Pro. PS5 is on another level entirely. Not sure if it's the architecture or the embedded PSN store (my guess) but it's impressive nonetheless.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
For PS4 games on expanded storage, can you just hook up the HD to the PS5? I don't have an option to transfer. It would only let me transfer stuff on console storage

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
system makes noise when installing from disks. hopefully thats all it is lol. games still take a bit to install but that might just be my shit ass internet lol.

so far so good. the controller is pretty nuts and Genshin doesn't run like hot ass anymore....worth it.

sadly my neck hurts sooo my playtime is going to be down a bit lol

Oct 27, 2017
system makes noise when installing from disks. hopefully thats all it is lol. games still take a bit to install but that might just be my shit ass internet lol.

so far so good. the controller is pretty nuts and Genshin doesn't run like hot ass anymore....worth it.

sadly my neck hurts sooo my playtime is going to be down a bit lol

Yeah going from broken 30fps on my launch PS4 to pretty stable 60 on the PS5 in Genshin was an eye opener. The menus also open WAY faster.

Yiorgos

Apr 22, 2018
For everybody that has their ps5 is it possible to buy from another account different from their country? Apparently there is a restriction on the ps store through the browser. thanks

edit: Sorry my bad. I was signed in through a different account through the browser

NoUseMerk

Banned
Sep 15, 2020
Here are some helpful videos on upgrading your PS4 games for PS5 and a tour of both the PS Store and PS Plus looks like:
www.youtube.com

This Is How You Upgrade Your PS4 Games To The PS5 Version

Interested to see how the PS4 to PS5 upgrade process works? Look no further - in our quick video we show you how to upgrade PS4 games to their PS5 equivalent...
www.youtube.com

This Is What PlayStation Plus Looks Like On PS5

Curious to see how PS Plus looks on PS5? We got you covered!Subscribe to PSU for more game related videos:https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_use...
www.youtube.com

This Is How The PlayStation Store Looks On PlayStation 5!

At long last we now know how the PS Store appears on PS5. It looks pretty darn clean and smooth navigating to us. What do you think? Subscribe to PSU for mor...

farcrysam

Prophet of Regret
Nov 1, 2017
Weird that there's some games that I can't transfer over form my external Hard drive to the internal SSD. I can transfer over God of war but not days gone

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This controller is fucking revolutionary. Holy shit!. Walking in snow in astro feels like walking in snow. skating on ice feels the like skating on ice. This is insane. Fuck better graphics THIS is next gen shit.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So my PS5 is shutting off on me and making a weird beeping noise after I get maybe a minute into initial setup, turns on fine, but it keeps doing it. Every time I turn it back on it does a storage repair.

I haven't been able to transferred anything since it keeps doing it which I hear is one thing that will fuck up consoles. Please help, I really hope this thing isn't bricked... I'm really at my wits end here and just tired. I can't believe after all this it isn't working...

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like that my tv can turn the system on just by turning to the source it's connected to. I'm going to eat real quick then I'll start Miles Morales. I just wanted to mess with No Man's Sky first to so how the update is and how it runs.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having issues with getting 5.1 audio with blu ray movies? My soundbar isn't getting the output properly, but it works fine in games

Problem solved - The blu ray movie player was in PCM mode somehow despite the main system setting being bitstream, works fine now