• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just collected my DualSense charging station and soon after DHL rang and handed me the 3D Pulse. Getting a DualSense, Valhalla and Miles later today as well. Hype is buiding up!

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Just collected my DualSense charging station and soon after DHL rang and handed me the 3D Pulse. Getting a DualSense, Valhalla and Miles later today as well. Hype is buiding up!

When I received and set up my XSX I was so hyped that I couldn't show any emotion at all, it will be the same when I receive my PS5 next week. It's like I'm standing there like an idiot like a robot and staring at the thing haha.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Tried a bunch of unlocked titles and they all pretty much fun at 60fps with a stutter here or there:

Days Gone - dynamic 4K and 60fps mostly even when riding. This game should have been a PS5 launch title, the PS4 version is awful and this makes it basically a new experience.

Ghosts of Tsushima - locked 60fps from the 15 minutes I played.

Infamous Last Light - there's an option to unlock frame rate and favour resolution. Locked 60fps and whatever res the high mode is.

Until Dawn - went from 25fps on PS4 to locked 60fps. Very impressive.

The Last Guardian - 60fps if you have the disc version and don't patch it. Looks like it's only 1080p though.

Assume you moved these PS4 games from an external hard drive to PS5 right (in order to get experience the enhancements)?

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
What are everyone's first impressions of the dualsense? Does it live up to the hype?

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Got mine after lunch in Australia. So far played astrobot, mm, bugsnax and overwatch to test my hard drive out with PS4 games. So far everything is ok, astro is the showstopper though especially with my kid. Just plain fun and the PS nostalgia is really a great touch especially all the little scenes the bots are filming in the stages.

MM is great too, I prefer the performance mode though so far, the smoothness is something I can't give up, even for ray tracing. The 60fps just feels next gen to me with the graphics along with it. Going to 30 feels like a good pro game to me. It sounds crazy, especially in some parts which look so good but I think I'll be choosing performance most times if given the option.

MM did hard crash on me though which took me to a black screen and I could only reboot by holding the physical power button down. Then the HDD rebuilding error happened after that and crashed again.

Since then I've had no issues but will be shutting down the system not rest mode for the time being.

Looking forward to playing more on the weekend when I get more time. The PS5 is seriously big though, everytime I walk past it I do a double take, like holy shit. The controller is fantastic as you all know by now, the one issue is the PS button is wierder to press as it is a symbol and not a round button, plus my muscle memory of holding it to get the menu up is messing me up as now its a little quick press.

Only tried headphones through the controller jack so far and I can't really tell the difference with the 3d stuff, the calibration settings all sound the same to me so maybe I need to connect with USB or Bluetooth to get a better effect, not sure.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Just got mine and running into a problem, not sure if anyone can give ideas.

I wanna connect via lan cable but my apartment usually makes you login every few hours through a web browser link with a login and password. PS4 has a browser so it was no problem, but I can't find a way to do this on PS5 yet. Any ideas or tips on how to get this connected? I don't want to use this awful wifi.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At Bestbuy now just waiting for 6 AM!

I'll head home to unbox and set up and then head to work for a few hours! Taking a half day today and off tomorrow. Very excited

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking in the Sony store Korea, seems there's disc PS5s available ... I think I'm reading it right. I want a discless version though.

Sony store didn't have any available for preorder, so some people might not be aware. Hopefully next month when I buy one, currently very busy, discless version will be available. There's also a Sony store about 20 minutes from my house.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just got mine and running into a problem, not sure if anyone can give ideas.

I wanna connect via lan cable but my apartment usually makes you login every few hours through a web browser link with a login and password. PS4 has a browser so it was no problem, but I can't find a way to do this on PS5 yet. Any ideas or tips on how to get this connected? I don't want to use this awful wifi.

There is a browser.. it is just hidden..

arstechnica.com

The PlayStation 5 has a hidden Web browser; here’s how to find it

Twitter login backdoor lets you hop around to any site with a convenient link.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
There is a browser.. it is just hidden..

arstechnica.com

The PlayStation 5 has a hidden Web browser; here’s how to find it

Twitter login backdoor lets you hop around to any site with a convenient link.

But I need an internet connection to get to that. It just says "There is a problem" The problem is my login info for an internet connection when wired requires a browser. And there does not seem to be a way to get the login popup for my provider any other way. Good shout for the heads up though for anyone else looking for that.

-5 seconds later edit-

For anyone else with a nonsense issue like this, (thanks cheap apartments in Japan) The way you can get access to a browser popup for login is like this:

Go into the internet settings and check the PlayStation Network Status. Choose a region and let it load. Scroll down and choose one of the Playstation links such as store, video and what not. It should try to bring you to another page requiring an internet connection causing your browser/IP/service provider login info prompts to show.

Crazy how since PS3, then 4, and now 5 it ads a step each time lol.

Last edited:

blakeseven

Apr 9, 2018
Not sure if there's a hardware fault thread if so then please point me to it. But basically my ps5 seems to make a static sound after about 10 minutes of gameplay and then shuts down - I tried so far several times with Astrobot and SFV. After it shuts down it does turn back on again and very quickly shows "rebuilding database" and everything seems normal until I play a game and it makes that weird static sound and shuts down again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
What are everyone's first impressions of the dualsense? Does it live up to the hype?
Running through the sandstorm on the beach in Astro Bot was the first time it really hit me. And even without the haptics the controller just feels really premium.
The shape is pretty close to the DS4 so I can still use my middle fingers for the triggers.

Nov 19, 2017
Not sure if there's a hardware fault thread if so then please point me to it. But basically my ps5 seems to make a static sound after about 10 minutes of gameplay and then shuts down - I tried so far several times with Astrobot and SFV. After it shuts down it does turn back on again and very quickly shows "rebuilding database" and everything seems normal until I play a game and it makes that weird static sound and shuts down again.

Anyone else having similar problems?
Not the same issue but mine crashed twice today requiring shutdown using the power button on the console. Me thinks some stability is in order

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you want to try it specifically through the console, but, just in case, figured I'd mention that it's been on web store for a while and I was able to put in my pre-order for it this afternoon, if you hadn't seen it on there yet.

Hoping mine comes today after the rest of my sleep.
Dope thanks!

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone else experienced rest mode or external HDD issues like Jeff and Karak did?
Yes
MM did hard crash on me though which took me to a black screen and I could only reboot by holding the physical power button down. Then the HDD rebuilding error happened after that and crashed again.

Since then I've had no issues but will be shutting down the system not rest mode for the time being.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I think your being abit too overcautious about it just plug it in and play

I just dont want it to break. I know its under warranty but im about to spend 300$ today on games, on top of the 600 I've already spent on the headset and system. I really don't want it to break because of something avoidable and have to wait months to play it again.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Quick question for people that have a PS5. Can you install a PS4 game on an external HDD, then use this HDD on a PS5 with the installed games on it without any extra downloads, formatting etc?

Need to know if I can prepare an external HDD for bc games.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I'd love to know that too. About Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 6 and Judgment. (Thinking about my third runs in 60fps, so if anyone has the answer...)
I've just replayed 0, Kiwami, and I'm currently going through Kiwami 2 on PC and they have pretty much no loading times which is way better than 0 on PS4, so I really really hope 6, and Judgment loading times are shorter than when I tried to play last.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I played for about seven hours today, got the Platinum in Astrobot and played the first couple of missions of Miles Morales. I love this thing. The controller is excellent, the PS5 itself is dead silent, the games have been amazing so far. I honestly just want to keep playing all night :P

There are definitely some cumbersome or confusing menu issues with the OS that I hope they'll iron out over the next few firmware updates, but nothing really serious. I'm not doing a system transfer or anything, though, just starting from scratch with a handful of games, so it's all pretty painless. I'm going to add my secondary US and Japanese accounts and set up some downloads to go overnight in Rest Mode, and then that's it for day one of PS5 ownership.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Quick question for people that have a PS5. Can you install a PS4 game on an external HDD, then use this HDD on a PS5 with the installed games on it without any extra downloads, formatting etc?

Need to know if I can prepare an external HDD for bc games.
I just plugged my ps4 hdd into the ps5 and it took a couple of minutes for it to "format" and I could play straight away with the games I had on it

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Are you disc or digital? Interested by how quiet the drive itself is when in action.

The disc drive is pretty loud when installing games, but once it's installed and you're in the game it stops spinning and becomes silent again. It's basically the same as the PS4 was; the disc spins on waking the console from rest and when you load up a disc game, but then after like a minute it stops again.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
Is the Power Cable the same as the PS4 Pro? Mine (and the HDMI Cable) is behind the Cabinet and would like to just use it with the new console.

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 Audio output settings?
Or TV sound output settings? Using (e)Arc?

Changed it still got nothing, I have my soundbar hooked up with eArc on input 3 and my PS5 in input 4. I have an x900h. I just hooked up the system to my 48 inch LG CX with a soundbar in my room and works fine. Not sure whats going on. The soundbar in my room does not have eArc, but I tried switching to TV speakers and still nothing on the 900h.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I'm not seeing any PS5 games in stock on Walmart brickseek at any local Walmart. Going to swing by before work in about 45 minutes when they open to see if they really don't have any or it's just not listed yet.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Looking in the Sony store Korea, seems there's disc PS5s available ... I think I'm reading it right. I want a discless version though.

Sony store didn't have any available for preorder, so some people might not be aware. Hopefully next month when I buy one, currently very busy, discless version will be available. There's also a Sony store about 20 minutes from my house.

Where is the Sony store? In Seoul? I tried to get one today, but no luck.

BlackBoyFly

Oct 12, 2020
I have a old Samsung theater system ( Samsung HT-E5500) and a Samsung NU8000 tv. I know absolutely nothing about audio so I'm unsure how my setup should be. Currently I have my console connected directly to the tv, with a HDMI 2.0 cable from the sound box connected to the eARC port. Is that the proper setup, or should I connect the sound box and tv via Optical? Want to make sure I get the best possible audio out of my PS5

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Got my PS5 setup. First issue is that it won't output HDR on my projector unless I set the resolution to 1080p, an issue I did not have with my PS4 Pro, X1X, or XSX. It's not a huge deal, as my projector cannot really handle 4K/10bit due to bandwidth limitations (it down samples to 4K/8bit when sending an HDR source, which can cause banding). It seems like the PS5 sees that my projector can only do 4K HDR at yvm420, and then says "nah man", whereas other systems are fine with that.

Anyone else run into this? I'm sure it's a fairly limited issue. I'm on a Sony 675es projector if that helps.