• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 26, 2018
OK so...after FINALLY securing the Ps5 it's gonna be Demon's Souls and Miles DX for me. Combined with Sekiro, Crash 4, Days Gone and Bugsnax/Astro I should be set for a good few months 😎😎😎😎

EXCITED. FIRST CONSOLE I'M GETTING AT LAUNCH!!

Rey

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy your launch day people. One more week for the rest of us, so keep those impressions and pics comming :-).

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if this has already been answered like 100 times, but did we ever get confirmation that account sharing works the exact same way it does on PS4? Like the primary/secondary stuff.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Ha, that's actually something I mentioned being a possibility a few weeks back. It seemed to me that that would be a good compromise for companies wanting to see their logos, and the design ethos of the PS5 being to let gamers get into games as soon as possible. Nice to have it confirmed that that is, indeed, the case.

Also, I broke down and played a little bit of Miles Morales on my PS4 Pro while I wait for the PS5 to arrive later on today. I only played the opening cutscene, and then just spent about an hour swinging around the city, not going to the mission checkpoint. Lol. I will say, though, the game looks really, really good on the PS4 Pro, and the swinging feels great. The air tricks are insane, and add some much needed variety to the swinging animations. Especially how they blend into each other, and you get scored for how many you string together for an extra bit of XP. I then deleted it and Spider-Man 1 off of my PS4, so I can download the PS5 versions directly to my SSD.

It's going to be really difficult to decide what to play after Astro's Playroom. Like, there are quite a few PS4 games I'm eager to boot up on it as well (like No Man's Sky, Day's Gone, and Ghost of Tsushima, to name only a few), but I'm also really excited to play proper PS5 games like Demon's Souls and Miles Morales. I don't think I've ever had such a massive day one library on a console. I'm not buying Valhalla yet, as I'm still playing through Odyssey, but I may actually have more reason to tackle my PS4 backlog thanks to some of them getting some nice performance boosts on the PS5!

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Trying to upload game saves in preparation for tomorrow. Man this is a process. Unless im doing it wrong, after I upload one it boots me back a few screens and I have to repopulate all my games on a list which takes forever.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Tried a bunch of unlocked titles and they all pretty much fun at 60fps with a stutter here or there:

Days Gone - dynamic 4K and 60fps mostly even when riding. This game should have been a PS5 launch title, the PS4 version is awful and this makes it basically a new experience.

Ghosts of Tsushima - locked 60fps from the 15 minutes I played.

Infamous Last Light - there's an option to unlock frame rate and favour resolution. Locked 60fps and whatever res the high mode is.

Until Dawn - went from 25fps on PS4 to locked 60fps. Very impressive.

The Last Guardian - 60fps if you have the disc version and don't patch it. Looks like it's only 1080p though.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
So my console supposedly arrives today and I have a question. Has anyone checked out the store? If so can you already preorder or buy DMCV:SE?
Sounds like you want to try it specifically through the console, but, just in case, figured I'd mention that it's been on web store for a while and I was able to put in my pre-order for it this afternoon, if you hadn't seen it on there yet.

Hoping mine comes today after the rest of my sleep.

Last edited:

pure

Jun 18, 2019
Germany
This is gonna be a really tough week. At least I should get my DualSense, Media Remote and Charging Station today.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I've just been playing Astrobot all day. It's a legit GOTY contender. Just a wonderful experience from beginning to end. I've played for five hours so far and I think I'll still need another 1-2 to mop up the last Trophies for the Platinum. I got super into the speedrun mode, too. I really hope they make more of these, or at least DLC for this, because I'd happily pay for it.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I've just been playing Astrobot all day. It's a legit GOTY contender. Just a wonderful experience from beginning to end. I've played for five hours so far and I think I'll still need another 1-2 to mop up the last Trophies for the Platinum. I got super into the speedrun mode, too. I really hope they make more of these, or at least DLC for this, because I'd happily pay for it.
Thanks for the impressions. I loved Astrobot rescue mission. What do you think about the controller?

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I started seeing Miles Morales Final Boss and Ending bullshit in my youtube recommends so spent the day burning through the main story, pretty damn great.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if its been asked but whats the status on external hard drives? Is it safe to use them? Heard things about them crashing the system or possibly bricking them? I'm buying 4 games plus astro and bugsnax. There's no real need to use ps4 games yet but I kinda wanted to play Apex.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So can anyone tell me how to share games and PS+ across two PS5 in the same house? Seeing as there is no primary console setting anymore it sort of seems like it doesn't work? The game sharing option seems to be for multiple users on the same console. Really hope they haven't done away with this...

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I transferred all my PS4 games to a 4TB USB HD - except for PT.
Is it possible to install PT on PS5, even if it will never run? And any way to 'duplicate' it so that it can remain on the PS4, as well as be transferred to my PS5?

I received my PSVR camera adaptor. Does using the PSVR passthrough box on PS5 limit any of its features? (Image quality, HDR, refresh rate, ...) or is it safe to use?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if its been asked but whats the status on external hard drives? Is it safe to use them? Heard things about them crashing the system or possibly bricking them? I'm buying 4 games plus astro and bugsnax. There's no real need to use ps4 games yet but I kinda wanted to play Apex.

I have only seen one instance where it was linked to "bricking" and that was with Karak. No other reports from what I've seen.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

They did some free DLC for Playroom on PS4 so hopefully they have a couple of things to drop, my daughter still loves playing around with with the alien AR game.

Jan 15, 2018
Astrobot is fantastic, they really captured that whimsical Nintendo feel and rock solid platforming. It's crazy that it's probably one of the best games I've played this year and it's a free pack in game.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So can anyone tell me how to share games and PS+ across two PS5 in the same house? Seeing as there is no primary console setting anymore it sort of seems like it doesn't work? The game sharing option seems to be for multiple users on the same console. Really hope they haven't done away with this...
oh boy this is going to be bad if true, can anyone else confirm

edit: wait did you do this
www.polygon.com

How to enable game sharing on PlayStation 5

The PS5 makes the process a lot simpler than Sony’s last console

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Trying to upload game saves in preparation for tomorrow. Man this is a process. Unless im doing it wrong, after I upload one it boots me back a few screens and I have to repopulate all my games on a list which takes forever.
Just use an ethernet cable between the two consoles once you have the PS5 setup to transfer everything in one swoop. That's what I did upgrading from PS4 -> PS4 Pro and it was pretty painless.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019

I think your being abit too overcautious about it just plug it in and play

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The OS definitely seems a bit rushed for launch.

Like trophies for example. If you change it to sort by rarity, go to another game then go back, it reverts back to default.

Just a bunch of other things as well like only being able to download 1 game at a time.

No sorting of games whatsoever / folders.

And a few other nitpicks.

Otherwise the UI is quick, the games are great, b/c works, and the store is quicker.

Regarding the store though, unless I'm missing something, there is no "deals" category?

Another gripe

Last edited:

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
edit: wait did you do this
I do have that setting enabled (it is on by default) but the wording is a little vague. I haven't set up our second PS5 yet so I haven't tested it but it sounded like it was for the one console not multiple. I just read the article you linked and it sounds like it should still work. Will test it tomorrow after work. Thanks for the link.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Astro is delightful.

Adaptive Triggers are genius.

The haptic feedback is very clever. I genuinely don't know how they are conveying the subtleties of slippery snow via controller vibrations but the mad men did it.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the impressions. I loved Astrobot rescue mission. What do you think about the controller?

It's really cool! Astrobot has so many different ways of using it, from little stuff like mimicking the texture of the surfaces you're walking over, to huge stuff like some of the uses of the adaptive triggers. My recommendation would be to take a few moments to gently squeeze the triggers each time they introduce a new gameplay idea with them, because when I started I was just yanking them and you can kind of miss all the cool stuff they do. A lot of the gameplay styles use to entire range of the trigger's movement, and the force feedback you can feel on them when you're squeezing them halfway and they're fighting you is so cool.

As for the general size and shape, it felt noticeably bigger than the Dual Shock 4 at first but I think I'm used to it now. The Start and Select buttons are easier to hit now, and the triggers have a bit more tightness to them by default (when adaptive stuff isn't being used, I mean). I really like it.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
It's really cool! Astrobot has so many different ways of using it, from little stuff like mimicking the texture of the surfaces you're walking over, to huge stuff like some of the uses of the adaptive triggers. My recommendation would be to take a few moments to gently squeeze the triggers each time they introduce a new gameplay idea with them, because when I started I was just yanking them and you can kind of miss all the cool stuff they do. A lot of the gameplay styles use to entire range of the trigger's movement, and the force feedback you can feel on them when you're squeezing them halfway and they're fighting you is so cool.

As for the general size and shape, it felt noticeably bigger than the Dual Shock 4 at first but I think I'm used to it now. The Start and Select buttons are easier to hit now, and the triggers have a bit more tightness to them by default (when adaptive stuff isn't being used, I mean). I really like it.
Awesome. Thanks for the write-up and tips! I'll definitely take your advice on the triggers when I use them for each new gameplay idea.

May 24, 2019
Anyone know if the AppleTV app plays 4k HDR content on the PS5 app.
If so, I can sell my AppleTV 4K box.

Edit: Though I'm thinking it doesnt since there isn't a 4k category in your library like on the dedicated player.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sad that I have to wait one more week to get mine (europe) but at the same time happy for those who will get it today in the states *thumbs up*. I already received my two PS5 games tho, Miles Morales and Demon Souls :D