• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is this happening during rest mode? Anything plugged in, like an external? Can you provide more context and info?

From YongYea's video, Sony said it had something to do with a router--a Google router, specifically. What's your setup like?

Thanks!

No external hard drive
Console is wired
House is networked
It's only been happening during menu browsing
No "errors" during games
It's happened 5 times completely randomly

Hasn't happened again for a good 2 hours now so maybe I'm out of the woods?

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How is PS NOW on ps5 anyway? Is it the old app but snappier or is it built into the ui like the store?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
My PS5DE on Amazon says "Delivery Appointment Scheduled", still with a delivery date of Nov 12 before 8pm, but the UPS tracking number gives me no information.

Where are youuuuuuu my PS5? I hope it didn't fall off a truck. 😢

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys think it will be possible to remove the disc drive from the PS5 and attach a digital edition face plate or a third party one in the futrue? I want the drive for the occasional BC game but I would love to be able to take it. I remember how easily it came off in the teardown, I hope it's possible.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody know if now is a good time to trade old consoles in at gamestop? They're giving 175 for the pro, but wasn't sure if they have a deal coming up to offer more

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Also, i just tried to download monster hunter (still queued) and it looked like it was going to be downloaded straight to m external instead of the internal.

Is this normal?

Im pretty sure I didn't tick the option to install all ps4 games to my external.

Edit: nevermind, it was ticked lmao! 😅

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused with usb ports I should be using for what?

Which is the best for external usb, controller and headset?

Im not sure which is which on the console.

I would guess the external hdd would require the 'best' one?

USB ports guide for PS5 consoles

The PS5 console has four USB ports which support different connection speeds and are compatible with different devices. Find out how to use PS5 USB connection ports to charge and connect USB devices.

Came across this in their support thing earlier today.

Oct 25, 2017
FIRST THERE WAS
FZCvo9y.jpg

BUT THEN A NEW FAMILY MEMBER ARRIVES :D

3mF7qdf.jpg

happy next gen all!!!!

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

The PS5 console has four USB ports which support different connection speeds and are compatible with different devices. Find out how to use PS5 USB connection ports to charge and connect USB devices.

Cool thanks! That was helpful.
Basically it's recommended to put the external to any of the 3 10gb/s ports. Charger for controller can stay in the dud port at the front :p

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
Hey tech Era would this product work for externally storing and playing my ps4 titles?
I wanted a drive I could plug into the back of the unit. Never used an external drive before and people in the store page didn't know if it would work or not. Any help or suggestions are welcomed! I don't want any ps4 games on the ps5 SSD as it's rather small already. Thank you!

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sony always does this annoying shit. The console launches with less features than the one before it software and ui wise.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

THANK YOU for this. This is was the last thing on my mind.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I've just finished setting mine up! I have to lay mine horizontally and that stand is pretty shit ngl.

The OS is really slick though, I like it a lot. I especially love that the PS store has been incorporated into the OS itself.

I can add PS+ games to be library with only a few button inputs. How cool!

Chase1ne

Oct 12, 2020
Ok, so I was hyped for this controller. 30 minutes with Astro has exceeded the level of hype I had and Astro is so charming and fun, I actually feel like a kid again.

Also just realized, after years with my PS4 Pro, I can actually hear my sound system.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
I'm making sure PS4 is ready to be retired and gifted to my brother for Christmas. It served me well and I hope it does him too.

Work tomorrow is going to draaaaaaaaaaag.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Cool thanks! That was helpful.
Basically it's recommended to put the external to any of the 3 10gb/s ports. Charger for controller can stay in the dud port at the front :p

Will it matter where I put the wireless gold headset dongle? Can that go in the front USB or better in one of the back ones?

Oct 25, 2017
The controller is wow. I did not expect it. I had no idea about the rumble stuff as I've gone in mostly blind it feels amazing!
Absolutely loving both xsx and ps5 rn on a hardware level honestly

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad so many are digging the controller LOVE it. Not at all impressed with current duelsense stuff in games. Was for a bit but wore off FAST. But excited to see the future. Or at least someone doing something like COD which would be fun

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Best Buy actually came through tonight, and shipped my console, and says it will arrive tomorrow! Demon's and Sackboy are also on their way for tomorrow, so now I gotta figure out how to weasel out of work for Friday... (I kid; I'm still working from home, so it ultimately doesn't matter XD )

Now the full hype train has hit me. I wouldn't allow myself to get swept up in the hype until I knew for certain I had truly secured one. I kept expecting Best Buy to cancel my order, then I'd be sitting there staring at my Dual Sense and games for months lol.

Onto other things: What PS4 games do you plan on installing to the internal SSD of your PS5? Most of my games I'm leaving on my external HDD, but there are a few that I think I'll have as permanent fixtures on the SSD (until I get an expansion SSD once Sony unlocks that feature and releases a compatibility list)

I'm going to copy over No Man's Sky, Dreams, Bloodborne, Ghost of Tsushima, and maybe, maybe RDR2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey (primarily for load time benefits)! That's 283 gigs used up just from those, though. Leaves me with 383 gigs free for my PS5 games, of which I'll have 6 (Miles, Spidey R, Demon's, Sackboy, Pathless, Bugsnax). Please unlock the SSD soon, Sony!! Hopefully not too much longer after launch. I've already set aside some money to buy one asap

Brohenheim

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if this has been answered yet and I can't seem to find an answer but can you have a party chat with people on ps4?