• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll hit up my Target for SpiderMan. Is the remastered edition only available digital?

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Does the PS5 data transfer let you pick and choose what games and stuff to transfer? I have a 2TB in my ps4 so I wouldnt be able to transfer everything.

Oct 25, 2017
grabbing mine in about 2 hours and change. pretty excited. have made a huge space in my centre for it lol. expecting to just fit

i wasnt going to get any games but sackboy impressions-just wish it wasnt full price. but i feel its good to support these kind of games so hopefully we get more of them instead of just AAA open world shit

plus sumo <3

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yay!

Best Buy isn't shipping my console until tomorrow, so I'm going to miss launch day, but my games should arrive tomorrow, but I'm excited! Looking forward to finally sinking my teeth into this beast over the weekend (honestly, if it arrives on Friday, it's probably for the best, as I imagine I'll get no work done if it shows up tomorrow XD XD )

Bar Mitzvah

Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Has it been confirmed anywhere that Judgement will get some improvements on PS5, or is it just standard backwards compatible. I still have a sealed copy and would love to crack into it with the new hardware if it's worth it.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Picking up my PS5 at Best Buy at 7am. I can't believe I'm psyched to be waking up early. I still worried until I get that "ready for pickup" email.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
both together with demon's souls
but if only one, then I would personally go for Miles

I am getting Demon's Souls for sure. I recently played through the first spiderman so, while I believe Miles is awesome, I don't know if I'm ready for more spidey. The idea of having something completely different sounds good but the Sackboy reviews seem like the game is fine, but not amazing.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
If I put the PS4 disc in the PS5, and if that game has crossbuy with the PS5 version of that same game, which game will have priority on the install? PS4 version from BD disc or download of PS5 version from PSN?

May 24, 2019
My digital edition came in. I'm setting it up now.
The controller is so chunky that I think they should put out a cut down slim version for kids to hold.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I have my Dualsense and Miles Morales with me now, with Demon's Souls and Sackboy arriving tomorrow.

It's going to be fun just looking at them and waiting a week for the actual PS5 to release in Europe 😢

May 24, 2019
They'd have to make change to the haptic and trigger for that to happen

Yeah, but I still think they should do it. Since you can turn that stuff off at system level, I don't think there'll ever be a game that 100% needs those features to progress.

edit: And they'd probably have to go for 3rd parties making affordable controllers anyway.

Sykane

Dec 12, 2017
I got 2 random PS5 related questions for y'all:

1)Despite owning a PS4 Pro, I never picked up Spider-Man. I plan on fixing that tomorrow, should I play the remaster first or just jump straight to Miles? Are the stories connected or is Miles kind of a side story?

2)I installed a 2TB drive in my Pro and went full digital last gen, but ended up with a disc PS5 since that was the only preorder available at the time. Because of the lack of space and being unable to expand it at the moment, is there any value in me buying physical to speed up installing games? I figure I will have to juggle what games I have installed at any given time, and since they don't even support storing PS5 games on external drives for transfer (yet), I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. Will patches pretty much make having the physical version pointless? I read something about the Xbox series X having to download pretty much the entire game even if a disc was present and not just a small patch, so I was wondering if anyone had any insight

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
1)Despite owning a PS4 Pro, I never picked up Spider-Man. I plan on fixing that tomorrow, should I play the remaster first or just jump straight to Miles? Are the stories connected or is Miles kind of a side story?

Spider-Man and its DLC set up things that pay off in Miles Morales for sure. Peter's story is amazingly told in the first game, and Miles actually has a decent sized part in it. And if you just wanna get through the story, it's mostly well paced and you can do it pretty fast.

Miles Morales doesn't appear to be much of a sidestory. It's narratively a full sequel just starring Miles instead of Peter.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I got 2 random PS5 related questions for y'all:

2)I installed a 2TB drive in my Pro and went full digital last gen, but ended up with a disc PS5 since that was the only preorder available at the time. Because of the lack of space and being unable to expand it at the moment, is there any value in me buying physical to speed up installing games? I figure I will have to juggle what games I have installed at any given time, and since they don't even support storing PS5 games on external drives for transfer (yet), I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. Will patches pretty much make having the physical version pointless? I read something about the Xbox series X having to download pretty much the entire game even if a disc was present and not just a small patch, so I was wondering if anyone had any insight
1. Play the first game, first. Miles Morales is a direct sequel.

Sykane

Dec 12, 2017
Spider-Man and its DLC set up things that pay off in Miles Morales for sure. Peter's story is amazingly told in the first game, and Miles actually has a decent sized part in it. And if you just wanna get through the story, it's mostly well paced and you can do it pretty fast.

Miles Morales doesn't appear to be much of a sidestory. It's narratively a full sequel just starring Miles instead of Peter.
1. Play the first game, first. Miles Morales is a direct sequel.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely play the original first! I'm one of those weird people who can't consume media (movies, shows, games etc.) out of order.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Thanks for the info, I will definitely play the original first! I'm one of those weird people who can't consume media (movies, shows, games etc.) out of order.

I just wouldn't recommend going for 100% on Remastered before playing Miles. Focus on the story and the DLC then start Miles and if you're a completionist like me, go back and clear Remastered at your leisure. it's got a LOT of side content.

May 24, 2019
Give us haptics impressions!

It's pretty much a stronger version of the Switch's HD rumble, but that's great because instead of just giving you a slight buzz, it can actually move the controller in your hands.
I think they want the vibrations to work in concert with the controller's speaker giving off the sound of footsteps and what-not, but I'll probably be turning the speaker off after I'm done with Astro.

The adaptive triggers are crazy. I suppose the amount of force given is up to the devs, but I'd actually turn it down if the examples in Astros will be the norm.
I don't think I'll want to actually fight against my triggers except for very occasional impactful moments.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Browsing around the UI as Spider-Man installs, interesting that in the Your Collection part of the Game Library, you can sort by Source, PS+,Store,Other, but also platform and there's a PS3 option (which is empty for me, with years of PS3 PS+ games and purchases).

Korghano

Oct 25, 2017
Man. I have over 300 in Amazon points and was hoping I'd be able to cash them in for PSN cards and buy a bunch of games for launch, however, it looks like you can't buy PSN cards with Amazon points. Bummer! (I tend to buy only digital games)

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I got around this once by using points to by an Amazon gift card then used the Amazon gift card to buy PSN bux.

Not sure if it still works.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
So are media apps via Picture in picture not a thing? Is it only for screen share?

And also on that note, what exactly is Game Boost, and how is it different to simply getting better performance from a faster and more capable APU?

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I AM READY! Have to work tomorrow so I won't be able to pick up my pre-order until about 5:30 or so, but I am 1000% readyyyy

Sykane

Dec 12, 2017
You guys using an external SSD for your PS4 library or an HDD? Just realized I haven't picked one up yet and I'm wondering which I should be looking for (I assume an external SSD would be best). Any recommendations?

Alchemist

Oct 25, 2017
EU LADS!

HOLD STEADY!

ONE! MORE! WEEK!

tenor.gif

The longest week ever. I wanna play now!!!!!

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I've been seeing some reports of certain PS4 games not opening, can anyone who has a PS5 confirm? Specifically this tweet here, which is from an australian user using the digital version, so maybe a patch or two is missing until the US launch?

The games in question are Nier Automata and Battlefield 1.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I've been seeing some reports of certain PS4 games not opening, can anyone who has a PS5 confirm? Specifically this tweet here, which is from an australian user using the digital version, so maybe a patch or two is missing until the US launch?

The games in question are Nier Automata and Battlefield 1.

Would make no sense that Battlefield 1 can't be played since it's a part of the PS+ collection. Wack.