• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
5409387393b1258d081040ad4f435ec2.png

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So you're saying the PS5 isn't backwards compatible with the screwdriver I used to replace my PS4 HDD?

Arrogant Sony is back.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Is this nut proprietory or exclusive to PlayStation? If MS buy the nut maker, surely Sony is doomed if they can't licence its future use.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Guys, you should've clearly paid more attention.

That's the emergency button that calls Mark Cerny in case the fan starts spinning more than it should.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Not sure the patronising was necessary? Before the hardware was finally shown most suspect and plug and play drive bay. It seems it'll be a more involved process than that was my point.
But, why? When it was revealed it would be an m.2 slot for regular m.2 drives that was enough to let people know that something would be used to hold down the other end of the drive. Be it a screw or some other mechanism.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
There were originally more nuts, but they had to remove some after Xbox's low entry price was announced. They are already taking a huge loss on these consoles as it is

Mar 3, 2018
Absolutely ridiculous that we still know LITERALLY next to nothing about the PS5, and this is further proof. You might not know a lot about Japanese culture but I do, the public won't accept this. Sony is so egotistical that they expect everyone to shell out $500-$600 on their console during a pandemic without even giving us any information about the PS5. They had a good run with the PS4, but the old arrogant Sony is back. How am I supposed to utilize my right to repair if I don't even know what this but/bolt does? Sony has basically shot them selves in the foot. Cancelling my preorder as I type this.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the ps5 is 99.95kg and there's some weird EU tax loophole that makes it cheaper to import an electronic device if it is 100kg or more so they installed an additional nut to get the console over the threshold.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Did someone get a taste of that nut?

I know what I'm doing first when I get my PS5 : I'm licking that nut.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
How would you even access this thing with a tool? It's tucked in there sideways.

Something tells me this nut might not be there on retail units.

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
Should I invest in in allen keys? Torx? A set of security bits?

Or should I just wait for the PS5 Pro and see what kind of nut that has?

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
It's clearly a 5G antenna for the nanoparticles in Bill Gates' vaccine
MGS remake confirmed

Doc Cottle

Jan 28, 2020
alright

I think you're concerned about something that really won't matter.
I'm not concerned about it at all. I was COMMENTING on a FORUM about a particular TOPIC. Which is the whole point of ERA isn't it? You seem to have been sat there waiting to pick a fight with some console warrior and have completely missed the mark. You're just being a dick.

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
Get Jason Schreier on the blower, the secrecy surrounding this nut means some thing's rotten at the core with Sony.