• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thoughts on the design?

• I like it

Votes: 3,174 48.9%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,366 21.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,947 30.0%

• Total voters

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it looks like a fan made it lol. Idk how to feel about it but I guess it will grow on me. The most interesting thing is the discless version i suppose. IDK how I'm going to fit these new consoles on my entertainment center.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
aggressively ugly lmfao

what the fuck

the homer of consoles with the fancy curvature

it's a conversation starter, that's for sure. i'm sure ppl will be thrilled to have that thing sticking out in their living rooms hahahahha

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Jimbo likes to do different things it seems.... i am fine with 1 out of 5 consoles being white.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
This console is going to look bad anywhere I put it. It seems to be impossible to clean the dust and well...

Will wait for a revision. This is easily one of the most unpleasant pieces of hardware to look at ever.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not really a fan of the design to be honest. I think I will get used to it though. Looks like an alien device.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
Unlocked-300Mbps-Wifi-Routers-4G-lte-cpe-Mobile-Router-with-LAN-Port-Support-SIM-card-Portable.jpg

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yeah I'm not a fan.
The PS4 was a beautiful machine when revealed, but this.... looks like a weird overdesigned router.

I guess it won't matter in the end, I'll get used to it, but I'm going to have a tiny black fridge and a curvy fat router under my TV in the future.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
2 things...
A. Does this piss off retailers?
B. Was this done to counter the Lockhart imminent reveail? Maybe the digital edition has bigger ssd and cost the same or same storage but $50-100 less?

Oct 27, 2017
If it was all black it wouldn't stand out as much. Must be for the cooling idk. Wtf at digital edition? At best it cuts $20-$30 off the BOM, kinda shocking to go with it imo. Was hoping for $399 Hail Mary but that's out the door, probably $449 Digital and $499 regular

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Ehhh... not too impressed, especially since I want the disc drive version.
Tho I'll buy it for the games anyway, regardless of what it looks.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not for me. But I'm definitely the sort of person that prefers a horizontal console.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
That looks so fucking bad lol I couldn't stop laughing. The digital PS5 is less bad I guess, as it doesnt have that cancerous-looking disc drive bulge.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Sony would just design a box. I hated the slanted parts of the PS4/ps4 pro and I don't know why pieces of plastic are hanging off the ps5. It makes it harder to hold and carry the system.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Poll needs a "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul. " option.

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like it. Didn't like the controller design and they carried that over the console itself.

Looks like the routers companies try to make hi-tech looking to make people think it has more features.