• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, GT Sport had massive price cuts within a month worldwide. That is why it may have sold 8 million, but it won't appear on many revenue-based charts. Most Sony games do get discounted over the course of their life in sales like Days of Play or for Black Friday/X-mas and that really helps create legs, but they typically have higher initial sales like Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon, Day's Gone, and Uncharted 4. GT Sport never had that and it's why it falls behind yearly entries of MLB: The Show.

Also, for those laughing at NA for having many COD titles in the Top 10. I have some bad news about the rest of the world. Even Japan has three Call of Duty games in the Top 15 for PS4.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Days gone being so high so soon man it fills the heart with joy. That game sat thru so much shit from this community for 3 years straight. Bomb, studio closure, bend done.

man ya love to see it

This had been the story with Insomniac for the last decade on this forum and neogaf up till the release of spiderman. Resistance is trash. Ratchet is unplayable because not 60 fps. Betrayalton to Sony for going multiplat. How dare they! Insomniacs lost it. Fuse is biggest bomb. Is Insomniac gonna close? How many more failures can they survive?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
The last guardian selling 1 to 2 million and blood borne at 3million is an absolute travesty.

I say 3 million is pretty damn good, considering where the PS4 was when it launched. It was kinda the first killer app exclusive for PS4. I think Sekiro only did that much initially, with that being multi-platform and with probably around 5x more consoles on the market in 2019, plus PC.

I would love to see a line graph of lifetime monthly sales of PS4 and see what that line does in March 2015

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
PS+ doesn't count towards this numbers. Although, it could have lead some to go out and buy it.
If I recall correctly, Phil Spencer has stated that games on gamepass have had brought in more actual sales via more awareness (twitch, mixer, social media presence). This could be the same.

Also, word of mouth has always been that Bloodborne is amazing. I just wish they would do a Pro patch for it. Even if they just locked the frame rate into 30, I'd probably hop back in.

The crazy part of this, I've mentioned multiple times PS Plus, even Games with Gold is just Game Pass lite.

And have been laughed at for even thinking this.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Bloodborne has to be around 5 million by now, right? I remember the arguments, cause the only number we have is 2 million...

Can someone do the math and get some new Bloodborne numbers from this?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's no reason that TLOU Remastered, a game that has existed on PS4 since 2014, shouldn't outsell Days Gone, a game that's existed since earlier this year.

It's not that complicated.

Days Gone did really well in the US though. It sold between 850k and over 1m (Inc digital) in its debut NPD month, which is near enough in line with HZD and UC4. Don't forget TLOUR is a Remaster, so a lot of people who bought it for the PS3 will not have double dipped for the Remaster. Not to mention TLOUR had a lower launch price, and this list is revenue based.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
There's no reason that TLOU Remastered, a game that has existed on PS4 since 2014, shouldn't outsell Days Gone, a game that's existed since earlier this year.

It's not that complicated.
Rank is by revenue and TLOU Remastered has mostly been sold at a discounted price so it makes sense. Also majority of full price sales for TLOU was on PS3. Not that complicated indeed.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
That shows a lot of diversity in exclusives. Sony really put in some work cultivating their in-house stuff this gen.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Rank is by revenue and from what I recall TLOU Remastered at a discounted price so it makes sense. Also majority of full price sales for TLOU was on PS3. Not that complicated indeed.

It has literal years on it. Your bald attempt to be pithy doesn't change the fact that it's hard to comprehend given the popularity of the title and the years on sale.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
"PlayStation 4 exclusives". The Last of Us is not a PlayStation 4 exclusive. It can sell 100 million copies at $100 each, 96% of them being on the PS4 and it will still not be in that list. It does not qualify.
are you sure it's only ps4 version sales? GoW3 ps4 version making the list seems shocking because I didn't remember the remaster release has huge hype surrounding it's release. I think it's not even a full priced $60 title

Precisely. GOW3 on the list makes this confounding.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
are you sure it's only ps4 version sales? GoW3 ps4 version making the list seems shocking because I didn't remember the remaster release has huge hype surrounding it's release. I think it's not even a full priced $60 title
It literally says 'Playstation 4' on the title. I don't have access to the data myself so unless Piscatella made a mistake we have to assume the obvious.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm impressed by how well Days Gone did. So many people were convinced it was going to bomb.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
It literally says 'Playstation 4' on the title. I don't have access to the data myself so unless Piscatella made a mistake we have to assume the obvious.

If you want to be brutal with semantics, both GOW3 and TLOU remasters are PS4 exclusives. I think a PS4 exclusives list featuring those would be, at the very least, interesting.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let the Days Gone folks have this one victory. The sales numbers for the game are the only thing about it that are worth celebrating.
The good sales and it being a good game. Can't wait for the sequel.
daysgonesmilehdjno.jpg

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
God of War 3 isn't listed on PS4 list,is listed in all time as 5th,The Last of Us all time is 3rd,no mention of their remastered,I don't get all the confusion here.

My confusion was borne, in part, by apparently excluding PS4 exclusives from the PS4 exclusives list. It's tumbled since then because this is the internet.

Let me be very clear so we can avoid confusion: I would be stunned if Days Gone sold more than TLOUR. Both are PS4 exclusives. I made a bit of a joke about it, and then got quoted and it snowballed from there. We don't know how much TLOUR sold, or how it placed, because despite being a PS4-only SKU, TLOUR was not originally included in the PS4 exclusives list.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My confusion was borne, in part, by apparently excluding PS4 exclusives from the PS4 exclusives list. It's tumbled since then because this is the internet.

Let me be very clear so we can avoid confusion: I would be stunned if Days Gone sold more than TLOUR. Both are PS4 exclusives. I made a bit of a joke about it, and then got quoted and it snowballed from there. We don't know how much TLOUR sold, or how it placed, because despite being a PS4-only SKU, TLOUR was not originally included in the PS4 exclusives list.
It's not included because the NPD doesn't consider it an exclusive, weird I know, but Mat said it ranks number 3.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
It's not included because the NPD doesn't consider it an exclusive, weird I know, but Mat said it ranks number 3.

Which makes no sense, IMO. You can buy TLOUR on one system and one system only. Same with GOW3R.

But yes, this all started because I made a joke lol.

These remasters 100% only being brought up cuz days gone so high isn't it

edit:I knew it

I made a joke about it with Days Gone, yes.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Worth noting that the rankings don't include units sold in hardware bundles. Last I checked, Uncharted 4 had around 4m units sold via bundles in the US, which would put it significantly higher than other games that weren't as widely bundled.

Last edited:

m051293

Oct 29, 2017
Worth noting that the rankings don't include units sold in hardware bundles. Last I checked, Uncharted 4 had around 4m units sold via bundles in the US, which would put it significantly higher than other games that weren't as widely bundled.

Wow that's huge! Is that >50% of total units in the US?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Really struggling to understand how in the world NPD defines exclusivity then lol
They didn't claim it was a list strictly of Xbox One exclusives whereas they made that claim with the PS4 list. It's in the heading of the Xbox list that it includes PC. A list of Xbox One exclusives wouldn't be interesting or feasible since Microsoft put all their games on Microsoft Windows 10 PCs. The only purpose of making a list the sales of "true" Xbox One exclusives would be to add fuel to an Xbox bashing fanboy narrative since it would be a list mostly of poor games not worth porting to PC. There are 12 Xbox One exclusives in total:

Why would anyone want to see how much Fru sold compared to Fighter Within and Xbox Fitness? The list Mat made is more interesting to anyone except those who want to use it to bash Xbox.

Last edited:

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. Glad to see days gone and horizon sold so well. God damn at spidey being first. Such a great game.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Gran Turismo sold massively in the US on the PS1 and the PS2, hell they were the best-selling PS1 games in the US.
Racing games were more popular back then. They kinda died out lastgen. This gen we didn't even see a ridge racer on launch day, for arcade racers we mainly have bad NFS games, and Forza Horizon. I do think a numbered GT would sell better here in NA, but nothing like the GT3 days.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
This is great, especially for all the new IPs. We need fresh games, not sequel after sequel. Great to see that Horizon is before Uncharted 4. And Spider-Man is killing it. Also happy for Days Gone. Loved the game and lots of potential for a great sequel.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Man you own a PS4 and haven't played anything between God of War, Uncharted 4, TLOU, Spider-Man, Horizon, or Bloodborne?? Man you're in for several rides of goodness once you check them out.
I have only played Horizon out of those, despite owning all of them. Maybe by the time next gen comes around I'll have played one or two of them.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
The crazy part of this, I've mentioned multiple times PS Plus, even Games with Gold is just Game Pass lite.

And have been laughed at for even thinking this.
Social exposure is a hugely powerful tool. By taking a loss on direct sales, there's a parallel version of advertising that is happening. I think it's pretty great overall.

Even for things like deep sales on fighting games, and reinvigorate the player base and bring more awareness to that specific game, the genre, whatnot.

ESports is very much the same.