• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Psychonauts 2 still $42
Kena not on sale
been waiting forever for Snowrunner to drop below $20 but now I'm hesitant

guess I'll wait until christmas

linnus

Oct 25, 2017
I've just finished Fenyx Rising and Valhalla, what should I play next? Any tips?

I was thinking about getting Village or Mafia DE (never played any Mafia game).

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
After checking CD Keys, I decided to use this sale and get 2 years of Plus.

I usually grab Gold and Plus from CD Keys.

Unsure. I just remember this being an issue last year and I've held off buying Miles because of that.
That was more early gen, game launch issues than something long lasting with that game. And I dont think it was actually bricking PS5's, lol.

Even Returnal got numerous updates to fix some serious issues it had.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any more incidents of Miles Morales bricking PS5 consoles?

i plat'd the game a few months ago on PS5, zero issues. I don't think it was really "bricking" PS5s, it was just overheating the systems so they'd shut down for a while to cool back down. There were a lot of firmware issues in the first month, crashes leading to a black screen while the PS5 rebuilds the database made people think it was bricked when in reality it was just repairing the drive with zero indication on screen, and people would get impatient, restart, and just go through that infinite loop of black screen repair / forced restart / repair.

but to answer your question, should be perfectly fine now. great game.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up also picking up Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind. Figured may as well since I'm planning to replay most KH games next year.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Picked up GOTG, which was a no brainer decision for me. Highly considering picking up Deathloop but I wish I could play a demo or something to see whether the game is up my alley or not. I may or may not pick it up anyway but my biggest disappointment is no Kena discount. I would've picked it up instantly probably.

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to check if GoT dlc Iki Island was on sale and I can't even find it on the store.
Is that normal?

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I think most of the games I'm interested kinda have uninteresting deals, might just ignore sales and wait for other games next year.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why deathloop which released just in September gets a 50% discount and returnal which released back in April gets a 25% discount. I would like to try returnal but not for that ridiculous price.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Persona 5 Strikers, complete version of Immortals Fenyx Rising and GotG.

The deals for first party games have been very noticeably bad ever since PS5 launched. I really hope this isn't an indication of how first party sales will be this gen.
I wanted to check if GoT dlc Iki Island was on sale and I can't even find it on the store.
Is that normal?
They've kinda fucked up the listing of GoT on PSN, presumably to keep the pricing for upgrades for current owners the same. So the expansion doesn't show up normally, or at least it didn't for me.

I had to go to Tsushima's game page on console (PS5), then find the expansion (PS4 version) there, added it to my wishlist and now it shows up on webstore for me as well. But considering it isn't a "regular item" on the store, I don't think they'll ever put it on sale.

GoT's listing on PSN is so weird that if you are a GoT PS4 owner, you can't even wishlist the $30 upgrade, since that's not a "regular item" of PSN store either.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why deathloop which released just in September gets a 50% discount and returnal which released back in April gets a 25% discount. I would like to try returnal but not for that ridiculous price.

Guessing it might be because Returnal has sold, and sells, according to expectations and doesn't need that much of a cut, while Deathloop hasn't done that hot and needs more of a push.

And still no Call of the Sea on sale. Damn you, Salazar.

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
Picked up Persona 5 Strikers, complete version of Immortals Fenyx Rising and GotG.

The deals for first party games have been very noticeably bad ever since PS5 launched. I really hope this isn't an indication of how first party sales will be this gen.

They've kinda fucked up the listing of GoT on PSN, presumably to keep the pricing for upgrades for current owners the same. So the expansion doesn't show up normally, or at least it didn't for me.

I had to go to Tsushima's game page on console (PS5), then find the expansion (PS4 version) there, added it to my wishlist and now it shows up on webstore for me as well. But considering it isn't a "regular item" on the store, I don't think they'll ever put it on sale.

GoT's listing on PSN is so weird that if you are a GoT PS4 owner, you can't even wishlist the $30 upgrade, since that's not a "regular item" of PSN store either.

Ok thanks for your answer.
What the fuck though.
This whole upgrade roll out is such a mess...

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Psychonauts 2 and Little Nightmares 2 and a few games from the indie sale. While there are still a few games being released in 2021 which i'm interested in and my wish list on PSN is growing very long, i think i'll have enough to play for the rest of the year.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017

Two different publishers discounting their respective game differently, plus Returnal isn't available anywhere but PS5.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Was kinda hoping Kena was going to be on sale. Was put off by the lack of reviews at launch but heard some positive stuff about it.

Oh well.

Back to collecting dust in the corner you go, lil' PS5

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
I have 6 months of PS+ left. If I buy 1 year now on the store, I assume it adds up to the 6 remaining months and I will have 18 months left, right ?

Soi-Fong

Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
Thinking of getting Death Stranding. I should just grab the $20 physical version and upgrade for $10 right?

it's available in a lot of places for $20.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of getting Death Stranding. I should just grab the $20 physical version and upgrade for $10 right?

it's available in a lot of places for $20.

keep in mind the $20 version (regular) requires every person with the disc to $10 upgrade. If you are just going to keep it forever or trade it in then yeah, thats a good idea, but if you plan on giving it to a friend or relative imo the directors cut is better, since the upgrade is built into the disc.

I don't know if it'll hit that price again but I bought a preowned copy of Death Stranding Directors Cut, Ghost of Tsushima DC, and another game and they came out to $24.99/ea from gamestop with b2g1, last sunday. They were preowned but already arrived and were complete with case and good condition. Its a huge YMMV though whether gamestop will drop the prices again sometime in the next 10 days while also running a b2g1 preowned. Probably the best bet is to buy the $20 new physical, keep it unopened with receipt, and return if gamestop (or others) run a cheaper price.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So much that I want to pick up, but i'm really tight at the moment and ended up going with just Far Cry 6.

TRdante

Banned
Jun 17, 2021
What, how? It's like A$70 bucks here after discount.

SpieleGrotte

Dein Onlinefachhandel aus Deutschland im Bereich Playstation 5, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Gaming-Merchandise - ebenfalls UNCUT AT und UK Importe, sehr schneller Expressversand, SameDay Service am selben Abend, kompetente und freundliche Beratung

maybe the wrong thread...

Last edited:

Icebergslim

Feb 19, 2021
My PS5 is coming tomorrow. I can't decide whether to play an upgraded I haven't finished, or buy something PS5 exclusive. Im leaning towards Last of Us 2 since it's on sale ive never played it, and it had a PS5 patch.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
I can confirm that Ace Combat 7 Deluxe still contains Ace Combat 5 when bought in Europe. I'm in the UK - the store shows a 53GB download prior to purchase and AC7 is now downloading as 36.15GB and AC5 queued separately as 17.61GB.

It's 80% off currently at £13.99 in the UK.

There was a thread here previously and other region folk were able to get it via making a UK account and purchasing GBP gift cards https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-any-way-to-still-get-ace-combat-5-on-ps4.294644/

Last edited: