• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask had quite a bit of creepy stuff. Kind of wild that they got away with the E rating lol.

Shadow Temple might have the more scary theme, but I really love the chilling atmosphere of the Forest Temple, and of course it's music.

Oh and also the mansion from Super Mario 64, and the KILLER PIANO!

Oct 25, 2017
xjnvon7.jpg

King Boom Boo in Sonic Adventure 2 scared me as a kid, not sure if it counts but it sure stands out against an otherwise not scary game.
I felt he was pretty tame compared to the damn sharp teeth ones.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna mention LABO VR but I see it's been covered. I'm scared to play all the mini games because I can't remember which one it is lol

Oneiroi17

Jan 11, 2018
UK
Not a level, but I always found when sour pinatas snuck into your garden at night in Viva Pinata kinda harrowing.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I remember this screen made me poo my pants a bit.

Also, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect has a bizarrely dark mansion level that is probably the sole reason that they got bumped from T-rated to M.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The gamer level from SSB4 terrified my nephews for years they refused to play there.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Pinnacle Rock from Majora's Mask really scared me as a kid, because by the time I had gotten to it, it was nighttime, which meant a dark place got even darker. All you could really see in the holes were these huge glowing green eyes, and if you got near the hole they'd shoot out at fairly high speed. They were also super huge and made pretty loud noises when they shot out of their holes. I had to have a friend help me clear it back then because I sure as hell couldn't.

I still find the place rather ominous even to this day (even if I don't have any issues with completing it now). Doesn't make me want to traverse the ocean depths, that's for sure.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at it now it's not that terrible, but the abandoned hotel in Vampire: The Masquerade absolutely terrified me the first time through.

Oct 25, 2017
Right! I love Be Afraid of the Dark.

It also has an Angry Flowers section, and since those are also creepy, they fit right in with the fucking axe-wielding clowns.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
My daughter didn't find that level creepy, but we're kind of a horror enthusiast family, so I'm sure I've already exposed her to plenty of media that would make persuade plenty of more judgemental folks that I'm a less than ideal father. Fun level though.

My wife, however, despite loving horror films and games found that level scary apparently lol. Different strokes.