• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JMTF

Aug 27, 2018
3 handgun shots at point blank knock down a zombie, the burst fire from leon's upgraded handgun works too

Claire's Crossbow is silent, use it on the lickers so you save grenade rounds,

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I would agree with you if you have enough time to reset and be excited for the remake. I love res 2. My second favorite after 1. But i feel like its an overkill if u play the original 2 campaigns and then play the remake 2 campaigns back to back.

I like to give a couple of months between classics and remakes.
This is actually my plan. Play RE2 classic now, and pick up RE2 2019 later in the year.

Resident Evil 2's remake wasn't on my radar because I didn't play the original RE2, and always felt bad about failing to complete RE1, CV and RE4 (the QTEs killed it for me).

My first impressions of RE2 are pretty great, but I'm already getting stuck and losing health because I'm backtracking, trying to find items. I wish the in game map was less useless.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is actually my plan. Play RE2 classic now, and pick up RE2 2019 later in the year.

Resident Evil 2's remake wasn't on my radar because I didn't play the original RE2, and always felt bad about failing to complete RE1, CV and RE4 (the QTEs killed it for me).

My first impressions of RE2 are pretty great, but I'm already getting stuck and losing health because I'm backtracking, trying to find items. I wish the in game map was less useless.
Yeah it doesn't tell you much besides what door hasn't been opened yet. I think the fun really kicks in once you begin replaying the game and know where to go immediately. At that point the game transforms into a sort of item management challenge where you're no longer trying to find out what to do but rather how much faster you can do it while carrying as few things as possible.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Turn on the autoaim. Go Claire A -> Leon B. You can run pass a lot of the enemies, such as the giant spiders.
Also a very important tip: always use the handgun on dogs. Dogs are actually fairly easy to kill: as soon as you shoot them with the handgun they get knocked back for a few seconds. You can keep shooting them whenever they recover to pretty much ensure they'll never hit you. Never waste shotgun or any other ammo besides handgun ammo on dogs.

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I just ran around in circles for ages because I failed to look at a desk properly. Oops! I need to be more careful when poking around the clutter.

I'm enjoying it, and I'm glad I didn't skip it.

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah it doesn't tell you much besides what door hasn't been opened yet. I think the fun really kicks in once you begin replaying the game and know where to go immediately. At that point the game transforms into a sort of item management challenge where you're no longer trying to find out what to do but rather how much faster you can do it while carrying as few things as possible.
Yeah I wish it was better at letting the player use the map to decide where to go next. I can imagine a version of RE2 that fills out a map with percentage completions and identifies the door types.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
question as I have just finished the demo, horror is not my kind of thing but I like what I saw. But I like killing all the zombie just to put my heart at ease. Does I really need to put 4 bullets in the head of a zombie just to kill it??

OP
OP
dock

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Progressing steadily in RE2 classic! I now have all three square stones to use in the mayor's office. Still a long way to go, though.

Oct 27, 2017
question as I have just finished the demo, horror is not my kind of thing but I like what I saw. But I like killing all the zombie just to put my heart at ease. Does I really need to put 4 bullets in the head of a zombie just to kill it??
You can do it in less if you stand still and let the crosshair become smaller and more precise.