• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to do this one day, but to be perfectly honest I prefer the original lighting, and maybe even the other visual effects too. They're actually a big part of why I prefer Demon's Souls to Dark Souls. Gives the former a different visual mood.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to do this one day, but to be perfectly honest I prefer the original lighting, and maybe even the other visual effects too. They're actually a big part of why I prefer Demon's Souls to Dark Souls. Gives the former a different visual mood.

Honestly even despite that change in lighting, the lighting all souls games have in common is really unique to their engine and I will be really sad if it's not in Elden Ring.

Dec 15, 2017
Honestly if the team could keep optimizing performance I think I could even get solid 30 fps of my lowly FX 6300 at stock speeds!
I have tried it today and performance is at blifhtown levels at worse but pretty decent overall. Beat the prologue , 1 1 and went to all the other archstones as well.
What caught my attention was that I tried to increase the resolution to 4k but the game didn't look that much different. I don't think 4k 30fps should put any strain on my Rx 580 right?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Honestly if the team could keep optimizing performance I think I could even get solid 30 fps of my lowly FX 6300 at stock speeds!
I have tried it today and performance is at blifhtown levels at worse but pretty decent overall. Beat the prologue , 1 1 and went to all the other archstones as well.
What caught my attention was that I tried to increase the resolution to 4k but the game didn't look that much different. I don't think 4k 30fps should put any strain on my Rx 580 right?

4K/60 wasn't a problem with my Vega 56, so I'd imagine that 4K/30 should be fine with an RX 580.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Big news. Newest update for the emulator had made performance alot better. I can now play it at 1080 P, smooth as silk 60 FPS (Used to have alot of stuttering). And videos (like CG cutscenes) play perfectly. Perfect time to play.

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
Ambient occlusion really goes a long way. Also, does the game have built in Depth of Field? I imagine yes? I wish we could just replace the existing implementation with a high quality bokeh one. I've generally found injected DoF to have too many weird issues to be worthwhile.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Reshade.

www.nexusmods.com

ReShade by Boczekek

ReShade preset for Demon's Souls RPCS3Adds modern post processing effects

Looks good, and I like the AO addition, but it seems to struggle to hold decent framerates with it on. It's also too bright with all the blooms, and it entirely kills the atmosphere here.

OFF
20-1586205684-1920073554.png

ON
20-1586205681-1136935522.png

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
Man playing the game on RCPS3 is amazing, Ymfah made his more recent video a Demon's Souls one and recorded on RCPS3, the quality of the video is really good because of that.
And i think he's using some mods like HD HUD, and a modified dance move.