• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anomander

Oct 27, 2017
Does it really run at 60fps or drops like mad? I'd definitely try it out if it stays at 60 most of the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's and Bloodborne share the title of my favorite From game. Very cool that more people are getting to enjoy it.

Also, c'mon Sony:
8YugZwf.gif
ok but

PS5 launch Bluepoint remake 👀

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Does it really run at 60fps or drops like mad? I'd definitely try it out if it stays at 60 most of the time.

It certainly is not rock solid but I am getting 60fps probably 75% of the time. I do get some drops here and there and whenever there is a lot of enemies or effects happening. I have put in around 10 hours the last couple days and the performance is completely night and day from the last time I tried it.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It's still quite demanding, or maybe the game is not that optimized yet by the emulator. But still, most modern PCs will be able to play this at locked 30fps, which is still better than the original.

Here's the game running on gtx 1050Ti.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
People still Bluepoint remake begging for a single generation old game huh. Impressively boring lack of imagination.

Anomander

Oct 27, 2017
It certainly is not rock solid but I am getting 60fps probably 75% of the time. I do get some drops here and there and whenever there is a lot of enemies or effects happening. I have put in around 10 hours the last couple days and the performance is completely night and day from the last time I tried it.
It's still quite demanding, or maybe the game is not that optimized yet by the emulator. But still, most modern PCs will be able to play this at locked 30fps, which is still better than the original.

Cool. I'll give it a try. I have a 1070Ti and 6700K, should be able to handle it at 1080p/60 at least.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

GPU grunt isn't the issue, it's CPU.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
What's your specs if you dont mind me asking?

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
Tried this in RPCS3 a few months back and it ran ok, but kept getting flickering. It was more like the screen was blinking, was real annoying.

Maybe i'll try it again, didnt find a fix for it.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know demon souls had a pc version. This whole time I thought it belong to sony.

edit. nm, I see this an emulator....which I had no clue it existed. cool

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
meanwhile PS5 almost here and Sony haven't been able to get at least a port on PS4. Leaving money on the table...

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
People still Bluepoint remake begging for a single generation old game huh. Impressively boring lack of imagination.
I don't get what point you're trying to make here. Would it be more "imaginative" to ask Blue Point to port a game we don't give a shit about? How the hell is "lack of imagination" even a justified criticism when talking about remaking an old game?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get what point you're trying to make here. Would it be more "imaginative" to ask Blue Point to port a game we don't give a shit about? How the hell is "lack of imagination" even a justified criticism when talking about remaking an old game?
I think it lacks imagination to default to a recent popular game that would receive basically a texture update and improved FPS vs. something older than would be more dramatically transformed by a modern day remake. It's just such a boring option.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Dark Souls and Dark Souls II both got current-gen remasters. Demon's Souls is the odd one out at this point, and it's the game that the fewest number of fans have been able to play.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I think it lacks imagination to default to a recent popular game that would receive basically a texture update and improved FPS vs. something older than would be more dramatically transformed by a modern day remake. It's just such a boring option.
Impressively boring lack of imagination.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
It really sounds like you'd be better served just buying new games. I don't think you understand the point of remakes at all. The familiarity is the whole point.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck. Currently making my way through DS2 for the first time (finished DS1 only last month!) and was hoping I'd never have an excuse to play DeS!

It's funny how a series that completely passed me by is currently all I play.

Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Dark Souls and Dark Souls II both got current-gen remasters. Demon's Souls is the odd one out at this point, and it's the game that the fewest number of fans have been able to play.
"""remasters""" aka essentially ports by the same team as the original. Demon's is my favourite in the franchise and I agree it should be playable on tihngs besides a PS3 (and now PC I guess) but seems like From could handle it and BP could work on something more interesting.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"""remasters""" aka essentially ports by the same team as the original. Demon's is my favourite in the franchise and I agree it should be playable on tihngs besides a PS3 (and now PC I guess) but seems like From could handle it and BP could work on something more interesting.

Oh, I'm not picky, I don't care who does it. It just seems like Bluepoint is the most likely candidate, since I don't think From could be bothered. They didn't even care to provide Bloodborne with a Pro patch, and I'm sure they have their hands full with Elden Ring now.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
What are you expecting from a remaster? Both had much better performance and visuals, enhancements to the gameplay, quality of life improvements, and even added content for DS2. How are they not remasters?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny because I used to dislike how this game looked, but now I look back on the grungy look pretty fondly. I hope that a potential remake/remaster doesn't butcher that style completely.

Jul 26, 2019
OP, you made me want to dump my PS3 games now suddenly. I have Demon Souls digitally. I hope i can go through dumping procedure without problems.

Does anyone know if a r5 3600, GTX 1070 and 16gb ram be enough to get a decent framerate?

I have a GTX 1060 gaming laptop. I was wondering that question myself. I stumbled upon this on YouTube. It's shared recently. Your system seems to be in recommended spec range mentioned in RCPS3 website.

https://rpcs3.net/quickstart

signal

Oct 28, 2017
What are you expecting from a remaster? Both had much better performance and visuals, enhancements to the gameplay, quality of life improvements, and even added content for DS2. How are they not remasters?
They are, but I guess From can internally handle that type of remaster. My mind keeps thinking of nonexistent scenarios where if BP would work on Demon's they would be sacrificing some remaster of a game I want that would never happen like Landstalker or something lol.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't they just remake this game with the sixth archstone included?

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
They are, but I guess From can internally handle that type of remaster. My mind keeps thinking of nonexistent scenarios where if BP would work on Demon's they would be sacrificing some remaster of a game I want that would never happen like Landstalker or something lol.
From Software are better with new IP though. I'd rather they not be porting their old games over internally. That's an even bigger waste of potential.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
From Software are better with new IP though. I'd rather they not be porting their old games over internally. That's an even bigger waste of potential.
Yeah maybe. Just depends what BP would otherwise be working on. Like I said in my mind they would be doing some unrealistic projects from the PS2 or earlier or something when in reality it's probably like "ok do we want to remaster Demon's Souls or Resistance"

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Here's my vid showing off the game with some mods.

Wow, that looks awesome. Guess I will give this a go.

I loved Demon's Souls, I had to import the Asian version from Singapore back in 2009 just to play this shit because there was no EU version at the time. Then Namco steps in and I bought the black phantom edition the following year. Actually this might be my favourite of all the Soulsborne games.

Dec 15, 2017
Fx 6300? I played it a year ago and it ran at around 20 fps with sound bugs. It crashed once you teleported in the boletarian palace

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is it sad that I dropped playing this game because item burden pissed me off?
Honestly, no. Item Burden is one of the biggest stupid mechanics in the souls genre period. It's a prime example of how FROM was experimenting with shit. If the Blue Point Remake ever happens, they need to get rid of it.