• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I gave up on Days Gone on PS4 Pro super early but God damn the PS5 version is something else, I love it. Super high image quality with a smooth framerate with no drops makes the gameplay flow so much better. If you've got a PS5 I highly recommend getting it from the PS Plus Collection. Let's get more PS4 games at 4K60, Sony!

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I'm excited to play it when my PS5 arrives in a few weeks.

I remember how the initial reception for Days Gone was pretty luke-warm, but seems that Bend has really stuck with it after lunch.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
I was thinking about grabbing this and I've been hearing how much its changed since it was released.

is it worth my time?

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As soon as my PS5 arrives I'm finishing NG+ and challenge mode. All the videos look amazing.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
I'm actually quite annoyed I returned to the game for the NG+ and Survivor trophies as well as challenge mode just a few months ago to finish up the game. Would've been better off waiting and getting to experience it on PS5 because now I've put so much time into it I probably won't return to it again. Was a great game that was always a bit janky performance wise so it's great to see it thriving so much after this update.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
I'm playing days gone, Tshushima and ACV all at 60fps. it's gonna be tough to go back to 30 FPS. Those games feel brand new

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about grabbing this and I've been hearing how much its changed since it was released.

is it worth my time?

A big complaint at launch were technical issues. On the PS5 that isn't an issue and it's gotten patched to run at 4K/60FPS so it looks better than ever. That and the developers went above and beyond on free post launch content like adding a bunch of minigames like golfcart racing, new difficulties, gyro aiming and a lot more.

Tusken77

Oct 27, 2017
England, United Kingdom
I got the platinum but then purposely left the game to return to for the NG+ playthroughs at a later date. Best decision ever. I have 13 trophies still to be earned from the DLC packs when I play again in PS5 super-shiny mode!

Nov 11, 2020
This game's performance on my PS4 was very rough in a lot areas, but I still loved the game enough to grab the platinum. Wishing I held off to experience it on my PS5 - the 60 FPS videos look glorious :(

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Damn I wish I waited to play this on ps5. Looks amazing! It's a very good game though. Drags a ton but I enjoyed what was there. Not worth a replay IMO.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Everyone should play this, one of mt favorite Sony first party games on PS4.

Play this because let me tell you something.. the sequel will blows everyone out.

Absolutely!
It's a great game. Never got the hate.
A big complaint at launch were technical issues. On the PS5 that isn't an issue and it's gotten patched to run at 4K/60FPS so it looks better than ever. That and the developers went above and beyond on free post launch content like adding a bunch of minigames like golfcart racing, new difficulties, gyro aiming and a lot more.
Just about all the complaints at launch on ps4 have been addressed. Game had a shit ton of patches, new content, etc.

thanks guys. I'll definitely be checking this out.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Someone remind me, they added gyro aiming at some point, right? Played a few hours of this, but the aiming felt dreadful which is the main reason why I ended up dropping it. Maybe I'll check this out again on the PS5.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019

is it worth my time?

Had a blast, fun game with a good story, just wish the story was maybe a bit more focused at points, but the character interactions are top notch, especially between Deacon/Sarah and Deacon/Boozer

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Will get it. Didn't ever finish it. But definitely liked its feel, characters, gameplay and story (as far as I'd seen).

I was surprised that I already own most of the the collection games!

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah it looks and plays amazing now. The controller response is awesome. Feels like a new game, frankly.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
It looks absolutely amazing. I posted some 4K 60 gameplay of the first open world zombie encounter. I think I want to play the entire game again now!

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
I loved it on the PS4 Pro. What an amazing game. I couldn't stop playing it. I'm thinking of playing it again once I got a PS5.

Reektan

Oct 30, 2017
I booted it on the PS5 after playing it through on the PS4 PRo a couple months ago and loving it - I only had a few Horde things left to do in the post game.

It's absolutely crazy seeing it at 60fps now. Magic.

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017
Got platinum on it on base earlier this year. Glad more people will get to enjoy it. Good story.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing days gone, Tshushima and ACV all at 60fps. it's gonna be tough to go back to 30 FPS. Those games feel brand new

100%, makes me a little nervous when Cyberpunk lands (with patch) on next gen. As I know its going to be 30 fps on both consoles.

60 fps is supreme.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
The cutscene animations are really bad(that opening cutscene was bizarre) and remind me of a low budget ps3 game but fuck the environment and dynamic weather/shadows look amazing. Definitely going to put more time into it later.

But yeah seeing that kind of presentation at 60 fps on consoles is amazing even if I don't think it'll last much of the actual ps5 generation.

Last edited:

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
It was 4k30 on Pro. So it's the 60fps that's incredible, OP?

It was a stuttery mess on the Pro. The performance issues as the game went on were woeful and were never able to be patched.

It was always a gorgeous game but there was a sense that it was just too much for the hardware. Now, without performance issues, I would say that it's second only to RDR2 in terms of best looking open world games.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I loved it on the PS4 Pro. What an amazing game. I couldn't stop playing it. I'm thinking of playing it again once I got a PS5.
I loved to and platinum this game.
its one of the more underrated games of the generation in regards to visuals!!!
it's incredible how detailed the world and characters are in this game and it never got so much recognition for this.
on PS5 at 60 FPS must be absolute incredible.
I will definitely play again once releases start to get sparse on nextgen.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
It was a stuttery mess on the Pro. The performance issues as the game went on were woeful and were never able to be patched.

It was always a gorgeous game but there was a sense that it was just too much for the hardware. Now, without performance issues, I would say that it's second only to RDR2 in terms of best looking open world games.
It has a similar look to TLOU in terms of colors, texture work and lighting. It 's really good and at 60fps is very impressive, looks like a native PS5 game

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I wish they'd done more with this than just a framerate bump, the LoD pop-in is aggressive to say the least.

That said, as with Spider-Man/Miles, the jump to 60 is game-changing. It feels so much more fun and fluid to navigate the world.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The cutscene animations are really bad(that opening cutscene was bizarre) and remind me of a low budget ps3 game but fuck the environment and dynamic weather/shadows look amazing. Definitely going to put more time into it later.

But yeah seeing that kind of presentation at 60 fps on consoles is amazing even if I don't think it'll last much of the actual ps5 generation.
The opening cutscene is the worst one, and one other earlier one. For some reason it seems like those were butchered.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The opening cutscene is the worst one, and one other earlier one. For some reason it seems like those were butchered.

It was supposed to have story choices but those were cut in development. You can see several occasions where it was obvious you were supposed to make some kind of narrative decision because of jarring transitions or weird build up to what is a regular cut scene.