• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but I'd rather miss a shot because I missed it than have someone running around 360 no-scoping.

There are other streams you can find with people completely fine with their aiming. The people you saw should probably adjust their sensitivity a bit if a four person squad can't land a single shot on a person driving directly at them.

People don't even 360 noscope on PC with kb+m. You think that'll happen if they add some aim assist? lol

@bold - Such as?

And they weren't driving directly at them, they drove past them about 15-20m away.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Oh hai aLDi :)

Yeah hit detection had some serious issues for me as well, maybe because the servers are at their limits.

:-)

Yeah, I'm almost in agreement with others that there should be some sort of aim assist. The only battles I've won are the close quarters ones, and even those can be a spam fest with each player firing off multiple rounds. I just shot a guy in the face from 6 feet in front of him while he stationary and was picking up a gun, only for him to casually pull out his weapon and shoot me down as i was reloading.

The position marker on the map needs to be more clear too. who thought having a grey icon was a good idea? I've sometimes spent a few seconds too long trying to work out where i am.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
So.. I found out today that another player can take a shotgun round to the face and not even flinch. Yeah.. Im starting to dislike this more with every game...

Will try squads later.

Record the clips and post it to their forum.

The game is in preview so you shouldn't be shocked to run into bugs/hitches.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
hyperbole. Dips during the sky dive and is then fine on the ground with some drops here n there
There's a lot of drops, even just running through buildings. Scope in and the framerate drops. Try tracking moving targets and the input lag makes it very difficult. Gunfights almost become laughable as you watch players spray everywhere trying to hit each other and failing.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on Xbox One X and damn does The game look and perform poorly, it's a real bad way to experience that game. The frame rate is super bad, there are tons of LOD pop and everything feels so sluggish.

I know it's in preview, but man had I expected that version to be a lot better than it is, if not just because of the power of the One X.

Deleted member 3853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Playing a game with aim assist won't require you to hand over your balls. I can't even imagine trying to switch back and forth with an ak fighting against a squad with players at different elevations. Or shooting players running over hills and shit. Or even worse vehicles. Aim assist wouldn't totally fix game flow but it'd help a lot.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Aim assist usually doesnt really work at long ranges in games. Usually its only for up close. And the aim gets abit stickier and snaps.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
People don't even 360 noscope on PC with kb+m. You think that'll happen if they add some aim assist? lol

I didn't say anything about PC, not sure what you're referring to. No idea how you got a conversation of auto-aim and related it to PC, where there isn't auto-aim.

That was clearly an exaggeration, so I edited my post to embellish on my biggest gripe.

@bold - Such as?

And they weren't driving directly at them, they drove past them about 15-20m away.

The only player I was watching earlier was a guy by the name of 'Krabby', he seemed to be doing fine.

Anyways, it's weird that you have such a strong opinion without having played it for yourself.

Are you of the opinion that the players aim should have automatically slowed/glued down onto said cart, as to perfectly allow the randomness of autoaim to hit the shots for them?

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
i get a solid 54 to 144 on pc
rejoicetqksw.png

What does it mean though, that's a pretty big difference, like if you playing you get 54hz and if you looking on the ground you get 144hz refresh rate? : D

Deleted member 24112

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Australian here! I regret buying it as it is absolutely unplayable, so buy at your own risk. The network lag is atrocious, the framerate stutters and it looks like a ps2 game at best on an XboxOne S. When you enter a house, it takes around 10 seconds for the furniture to load. The only two servers available is Europe and North America. Australians get shafted again. I'm so disappointed because I've been waiting to play this for months now. :(

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Filed a dispute with PayPal for my CD Keys order and got it via Microsoft. Time to start the download! It's 4:30 AM and I can't sleep because I'm too excited. :P

Deleted member 3853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say anything about PC, not sure what you're referring to. No idea how you got a conversation of auto-aim and related it to PC, where there isn't auto-aim.

That was clearly an exaggeration, so I edited my post to embellish on my biggest gripe.

I'm not sure how you didn't understand my comment. KB+M >>> controller with aim assist. If people can't 360 noscope or whatever you're afraid of on PC then it won't be happening on controller with aim assist.

The only player I was watching earlier was a guy by the name of 'Krabby', he seemed to be doing fine.

Anyways, it's weird that you have such a strong opinion without having played it for yourself.

What's his twitch name? Would be interested to see vods of good controller player.

Sure, I don't own an X1X but I'm also not blind. Cars looking like the best weapons in this game lol.

Deleted member 30843

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Is just like to add that I had a blast with this game yesterday evening. On Xbox One X. Solo and Duo.

Just so there's something positive for someone to see amongst a lot of moaning. :)

Deleted member 24112

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess back to Fornite until it feels smoother (and when they add an Oceana Server, because it plays unacceptably).

I'm curious to see how often they patch the game.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure how you didn't understand my comment. KB+M >>> controller with aim assist. If people can't 360 noscope or whatever you're afraid of on PC then it won't be happening on controller with aim assist.

I didn't understand your comment and this one makes even less sense.

Notice I said "it was an exaggeration". You seem to be the first person in the world to take a comment about 360 no-scopes with absolute seriousness. Also take note that I said I edited that previous comment to embellish on my actual gripes with AA.

Sure, I don't own an X1X but I'm also not blind. Cars looking like the best weapons in this game lol.

I didn't say you were blind but you seem to be pretty adamant that those players should've landed those shots for some reason.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Lol people are soooo bad. Played duos with my friend and we won with 9 kills each. Then the second match we won again when the last two people couldn't get out of the blue zone lol

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
There's a lot of drops, even just running through buildings. Scope in and the framerate drops. Try tracking moving targets and the input lag makes it very difficult. Gunfights almost become laughable as you watch players spray everywhere trying to hit each other and failing.
Imo i like that kind of aspect that there is no Auto Aim. Its really satisfying when you kill someone without all that modern shooter stuff. Guns arent lasers, no Hitscan shit. I really love that.

But yeah the technical side makes things really difficult. Havent killed anyone by using first person. All of my kills so far happened during 3rd person lol

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
WoW, I had no idea aim assist makes such a huge difference on consoles.

Aim assist exists in almost every major console shooter - you thought it was for the lols? The only big exception I can think of is Rainbow Six, a game that runs and controls beautifully and only requires one hit to kill. In all honesty, not including in PUBG seems like hubris.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aim assist exists in almost every major console shooter - you thought it was for the lols? The only big exception I can think of is Rainbow Six, a game that runs and controls beautifully and only requires one hit to kill.
Thank you for pointing that out, I absolutely wasn't aware that it was present in most console games. I just thought it was a minor help and not that deciding.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some people are just bad at shooters. No aim assist finally shows it more. I like it. There is a skillgap.

Deleted member 3853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't understand your comment and this one makes even less sense.

Notice I said "it was an exaggeration". You seem to be the first person in the world to take a comment about 360 no-scopes with absolute seriousness. Also take note that I said I edited that previous comment to embellish on my actual gripes with AA.

Well whatever you're worried will happen with aim assist won't lol. You seem to be terrified of something.

I didn't say you were blind but you seem to be pretty adamant that those players should've landed those shots for some reason.

It's just not one situation. It was many situations with dozens if not hundreds of different players. Just potatoes everywhere. Some aim assist and reduced recoil would just help the long term viability of the game for controller players, that's all.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Well whatever you're worried will happen with aim assist won't lol.

My post is there to read. Bullet-magnetism/reticule glue was always way more annoying to me than missing a shot.

Maybe I'm the minority in that opinion.

I'm not saying the aiming couldn't use some adjustments (it feels like the throttle curve needs to be adjusted, either that or these players need to adjust their sensitivity to something they're comfortable tracking with), but if I turn this game on one day it plays like CoD with ADS Snap-magnetism, bullet magnetism and game automated reticule glue... I'll just stop playing. The quirks and having to try to compensate for it always feels awkward to me; it's something that has bothered me as far back as Halo/Halo 2.

Oct 28, 2017
my biggest complain right now is the implementation of ADS

counter-intuitive to me. hope they give the possibility to change it soon to "hold to ADS"

current "hold to zoom a bit" is garbage ad unuseful

Deleted member 14927

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people are just bad at shooters. No aim assist finally shows it more. I like it. There is a skillgap.

I'm a bullet magnet in most online shooters.

Makes a nice change for people to miss me. I just need to refine the sensitivity on the aim.

Input lag is slightly off for me as well especially when looking down sights. Hopefully that's the first thing they improve upon.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The bullet 'cracking' noise when someone is shooting at you and it hits the floor is immense. It really fucks you up and puts you into a mad panic.

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
This feels pretty awful coming from the PC version with a decent rig.

I'll keep playing because I can use a controller but man the performance is really awful. I'd say it rarely feels like it's running at a solid 30fps (Xbox One X version).

Edit - Also the brightness is really bad in HDR on my OLED C6. I've had to disable HDR while playing the game.

Wootball

Oct 31, 2017
My god watching streams of this and it looks horrendous. Objects not rendering, crashes, abysmal frame rate. I don't care if it's cheap, it's a shoddy product.

CrayToes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, this looks, feels and plays like an early access game. Bluehole have a lot of work to do before they launch it for real.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I dont agree with this at all, everyone knows analogue sticks arent precise enough, the skill is in the positioning, tactics, reading of the game and so on. We can all be super precise with a mouse, the stick is meant to emulate that, not give us zero help.