• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Server issues as expected. If it isn't up within the hour, I'll head to bed and try tomorrow.

We're in a time where server issues are all but guaranteed for big releases and after these last few years of dealing with borked online launches, I hardly have enough energy to stay up late and bother trying my luck.

pretty much ruins midnight launches for online titles. that and day one patches lol

Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
You are not going to escape the frankly awful CPU in the current consoles, large map size with high player counts is a killer on PC's with weak CPU (see Arma for example).

Being buggy is to expected with early release but the lower framerate issues in games of this type are determined by your CPU, and frankly the console CPU's are shit.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
pretty much ruins midnight launches for online titles. that and day one patches lol

Online launches can be rough. All the real traffic and more than usual hits most studios , even the big ones like Blizzard with Diablo 3 even though all there other games are heavy online presence (and are ran fairly well).

I find myself just getting some sleep for releases unless I am buying it for the single player, in that case it's usually not effected by online (besides a few games with "always online' stuff ).

Game performance and bugs might not be a big concern for the early release, but servers will be and Bluehole/Microsoft will make sure it's online before resting . Good luck everyone!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
In case anyone is curious about what the game looks like on base Xbox One hardware...
4055e279-d3f5-4d88-8ecc-c79692d0b7ea.PNG

5c329193-082f-4899-b8cd-770f16f31ea7.PNG

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its a shit, but its at the same time expected. If not, Bluehole wouldnt have released this game on game preview to begin ;)
If people should expect something like a pre-alpha release, then Microsoft did an awful job advertising for the game like they did. From what I hear it's way worst than the EA on PC and this is not normal. When you sell a game, even on EA, you should expect to at least be able to play. If there is bug and issues it's ok but it sounds beyond that.

Oct 27, 2017
If people should expect something like a pre-alpha release, then Microsoft did an awful job advertising for the game like they did. From what I hear it's way worst than the EA on PC and this is not normal. When you sell a game, even on EA, you should expect to at least be able to play. If there is bug and issues it's ok but it sounds beyond that.

It's working now. Issues lasted about 90 min for me.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
You are not going to escape the frankly awful CPU in the current consoles, large map size with high player counts is a killer on PC's with weak CPU (see Arma for example).

Being buggy is to expected with early release but the lower framerate issues in games of this type are determined by your CPU, and frankly the console CPU's are shit.

it should still run better than it does. battlefield keeps track of 60 players, vehicles, destruction, etc all cpu bound, with a higher tick rate and a frame rate averaging 40-60 on base hardware. on a moment to moment basis there is a lot less going on in pubg as well. the games coding simply needs a ground up overhaul to be optimized.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
You buddies who played on pc before, hows it with controller? Cant imagine playing this with a controller, but maybe it works fine?

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
enjoying the game a lot, I need to get better at aiming though. A little bit of visual glitches and some bugs but definitely playable and enjoyable. Playing on a X.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You could always brute force it on PC the user experience is different in that regard than console.

You could but how many did? The performance was bad almost everywhere in the beginning. I mean, how many people are playing on PC right now? 10 million? I wonder how many play the game with an experience worse than the Xbox version right now.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Once again, I'm wondering if some of these performance issues are server side. I've been playing on the Xbox one S and apart from the initial drop from the plane the game runs relatively smooth.

There are the odd graphical glitches with textures taking a a few seconds to load, but the game has been running great, even in places with alot of action. I even put up some videos and screens earlier in the thread.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else find the inventory buggy and sometimes doesn't want to pick items up even though you have inventory space?

Seems to break it if I try to pick up attachments and attach them then it won't pick up any items off the floor unless I exit out and press x outside of the inventory screen.

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
Are you playing on S or X? I'm on X and it's very playable.

I'm on an X and it's so choppy precise aiming is impossible.

Movement feels off too it's like there is input latency.

Played with a buddy on his X and he has all the same general complaints.

Played this all year on PC so I'm a bit jaded in that regard.

But with the choppiness it feels like a crapshoot in close quarters combat.

Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
it should still run better than it does. battlefield keeps track of 60 players, vehicles, destruction, etc all cpu bound, with a higher tick rate and a frame rate averaging 40-60 on base hardware. on a moment to moment basis there is a lot less going on in pubg as well. the games coding simply needs a ground up overhaul to be optimized.

I dont see it being 60 fps ever on the console, lets be honest .... a 6-7 year low power AMD CPU that was trash when it was new. Also I dont think Battlefield operates in the same manner as PUBG or Arma for example and is not a like for like comparison.

I agree it could get better, but it will never be great. I couldn't play this game at less than 60fps.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
You could always brute force it on PC the user experience is different in that regard than console.

Eh, the game run likes shit on PC for most people even on high-end systems. I mean, pro players were reporting that it ran at 20-40fps on the PCs at the latest official tournament. Yet 20million people still play it because it's so much fun.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
But it's not even in my ready to install on the console

It didn't see it either. It popped up as a special crate in-game under Rewards.

I had the choppiness earlier in the day, not so much now.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Made it to top 2. Choked when my gun was on single shot, not full auto...

Note to self: Make sure gun on full auto before engaging.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Man, that sucks for you. First you were one of the few people with a broken X, now the game is too choppy for you when others are fine with the game. Anything that you like on the X or do you regret that you bought it?

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Eh, the game run likes shit on PC for most people even on high-end systems. I mean, pro players were reporting that it ran at 20-40fps on the PCs at the latest official tournament. Yet 20million people still play it because it's so much fun.

Runs at a solid 70fps at 1440p with 1070, ryzen 5 and 16gb ram.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

Also on an X and have the same feelings. I get the impression some folk who didn't play on PC aren't aware of how it should feel possibly combined with just a higher tolerance for low frame rates. But for me the game seems like it's barely hitting 30 with constant input lag kicking in that gets particularly worse when you aim down sights - the one period you really don't want input lag. I'm really interested to see what's going on via DF, but it's close to unplayable for me personally.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Reached #11 so far in a match. Was stuck with a double barrel and Tommy gun the whole time. Shit was tense and I picked. Up a nice stealth shotty kill.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I dont see it being 60 fps ever on the console, lets be honest .... a 6-7 year low power AMD CPU that was trash when it was new. Also I dont think Battlefield operates in the same manner as PUBG or Arma for example and is not a like for like comparison.

I agree it could get better, but it will never be great. I couldn't play this game at less than 60fps.

while not the same battlefield is the best comparison as its also very cpu bound yet runs far better.
I don't expect pubg to run at 60 on consoles but a locked 30 should be doable. as it plays right now it goes below that too often to feel decent. they should poll controller input at 60 too, it would greatly improve the feel of the game even if its at 30fps.
lots of room for improvement.