• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
If I could refund from cdkeys right now I would. Highly recommend everyone try the 1hr trial first.

It doesn't feel good at all on Xbox especially if you've tried it on pc. The frame rate is horrible and even worse when aiming down sight. Controlling the ui just trying to do basic things like unequip all attachments then pickup another gun and kit it out takes far too long - it's super fiddly.

The fact that you're the lone negative review (so far) bodes well IMO.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
If you've never played on PC I imagine your impressions might be different. There's no pubg novelty factor for me as I've put hundreds of hours into the game already. This version just plays very badly currently in comparison. I'm sure they'll get there eventually though, hopefully!

I don't have a gaming PC, so this will be the first time I play it.

Deleted member 31247

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If you've never played on PC I imagine your impressions might be different. There's no pubg novelty factor for me as I've put hundreds of hours into the game already. This version just plays very badly currently in comparison. I'm sure they'll get there eventually though, hopefully!

Then play on PC and wait for the full release. If it weren't full of bugs it wouldn't be a preview

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
After all the hype from MS folks i expected a bit better sry...even when its a game preview

Ok, I'll take the bait: The "hype" of announcing that the game is available for their platform? If a game existing and being advertised is too disruptive for you to accept the realities of work-in-progress games, I don't know what to tell you.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Then play on PC and wait for the full release. If it weren't full of bugs it wouldn't be a preview

Sure, I guess I expected more given the MS marketing brunt behind working with the team. No issues with the 30fps cap for preview but I was hoping it'd hit it consistently. Right now the fps is really genuinely bad (either that or it's frame pacing issues) with some big drops when ADS'ing. Controller input response times go through the roof

j0hnniX

Oct 25, 2017
GA
I haven't won one yet but damn it's fun taking out a guy driving at you but still getting hit by the run away car lol..

PanPan

Nov 23, 2017
Playing on an S and the plane and parachuting shows the worst flaws, but once you land it's fine apart from the odd pop-in.

Finished 9th with 3 kills, one of which was a Jeep kill... so, it's a great game. :D

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
For anybody who wants a copy - I got an Xbox Live gift card for Singapore from SeaGM.com (instant code), then went to Xbox.com, changed language to Singapore English (at bottom), then picked up Battlegrounds. On payment I just redeemed the gift card code.

Deleted member 31247

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

I'll Just leave this here

How does Xbox Game Preview work?

Xbox Game Preview games can be purchased and played like regular titles. Because the games are still in development, they might be missing content, contain bugs, or need extra balancing work that will come later via updates. Similarly, select Xbox One features like Share may also be unavailable until the final game is released. Once the game is purchased, you are entitled to every update as the game moves to its final commercial release as well as the final version of the game when it is finished.

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
For anybody who wants a copy - I got an Xbox Live gift card for Singapore from SeaGM.com (instant code), then went to Xbox.com, changed language to Singapore English (at bottom), then picked up Battlegrounds. On payment I just redeemed the gift card code.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
The trial killed The Cullings launch, I'm sure they are tweaking the policy from that lesson
Interesting.. I didn't even play that game, lol.

Yeah I'm definitely expecting the trial won't be there for the US version either tomorrow. Hopefully very soon though. Ever single game preview game has a 1 hour trial.
Yeah, I really want to play the trial for this. I thought Fortnite Battle Royale was just okay, so I wanna see if this draws me in more. I guess I'll keep looking at impressions online until then. Lol

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I'll Just leave this here

How does Xbox Game Preview work?

Xbox Game Preview games can be purchased and played like regular titles. Because the games are still in development, they might be missing content, contain bugs, or need extra balancing work that will come later via updates. Similarly, select Xbox One features like Share may also be unavailable until the final game is released. Once the game is purchased, you are entitled to every update as the game moves to its final commercial release as well as the final version of the game when it is finished.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I really want to play the trial for this. I thought Fortnite Battle Royale was just okay, so I wanna see if this draws me in more. I guess I'll keep looking at impressions online until then. Lol
I couldn't get into Fortnite, it was a little too arcady and didn't feel that great.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Despite some of the performance issues, I really really like the game.

I guess I won't be back to fortnite for a while.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
It's PUBG. Think about that.

This is the new Ark - which is now "out", so to speak, yet still as horribly broken and unpolished as ever.
The test server version on PC is already a lot more polished and less buggy than the current PC version, let alone Ark.
I think Xbox has some in between version right now, though.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Actually it is. ITS A FRIKKING PREVIEW! It says it on the damn box, and on every web page

I thought the point of these preview games was to give feedback during their development to help shape and improve the game prior to the final release?

It's basically glorified beta testing, except you pay the developers money for the privilege.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The test server version on PC is already a lot more polished and less buggy than the current PC version, let alone Ark.
I think Xbox has some in between version right now, though.
I mean...it's somewhat better in some ways but it still ultimately feels really janky and un-optimized.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
So long as people are giving accurate/representative feedback on problems, that's exactly what we want. Obviously people will have different expectations/standards, but as long as it's not a forgone conclusion (positive or negative), it's useful for the process. It helps other potential players build their expectations, and the more "on target" those are to the realities of the game, the more likely they are to enjoy it when they sit down with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on an S and the plane and parachuting shows the worst flaws, but once you land it's fine apart from the odd pop-in.

Finished 9th with 3 kills, one of which was a Jeep kill... so, it's a great game. :D

nice! I will be checking it out on X1S as well. I have it on PC and have a beefy rig (i7700 / 1080GTX) and even that dips on load island and during the plane / jump sequence. But usually once on the ground it holds pretty well.
Sounds like it will be the same on console, just at a lower res and framerate obviously. (But the dips people are discussing during those moments are common on PC is what I am getting at)

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is wrong with people. This is a PREVIEW!

If you want polished wait for the full release

Yeah, and apparently the average casual gamer prioritizes fun factor over optimization/performance considering how successful this game has been, which is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but kills me as a spoiled PC user. Going from 144hz G-sync'd Overwatch to this will be, well, an adjustment.

Nevertheless, a full squad of friends + equal playing field > 60fps + scumbags aimbotting and flying across the map on a magic carpet.

Hopefully they get the Xbone S version to hit a solid 30fps @1080p.

wubbyz

Oct 27, 2017
544f2ac6-5dca-466a-9bb2-150cf97bcd33_Thumbnail.PNG

third match game is so easy right now

how do you hold breath while ads?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
anyone have impressions playing on an xbox one s? i think i've only read those who have been playing it on the 1x.