• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Just got my first ever cheater caught and reported on video. Killed from damn long distance with billions of trees in the view and inside building on stairs where all legal blindspots were covered by me.
Really blatant. Petty...

He just has a good headset.

Oh yes :D Good headphones..
E8EX8qe.jpg

irIuwga.jpg

Last edited:

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Yesssss, I know I'm shit at this game considering how fucking long it took me, but after 18 hours (and no shame about it) I finally had my Solo FPP chicken dinner after a handful of second and third places!

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got a bug today in which the gender of my character changed. The next match it was the same, and the match right after changed again.

And...did they nerfed the reward you get for each kills? It seems I'm getting much less BP despite killing pretty much the same amount of people in the game, I ended up to be 5th with 5 kills and around 380 BP, is this normal? I don't play so much, in total I have 25 hours on the game since it released, but before the 1.0 it seems I used to get much more BP with the same amount of kills, more or less.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I got a bug today in which the gender of my character changed. The next match it was the same, and the match right after changed again.

And...did they nerfed the reward you get for each kills? It seems I'm getting much less BP despite killing pretty much the same amount of people in the game, I ended up to be 5th with 5 kills and around 380 BP, is this normal? I don't play so much, in total I have 25 hours on the game since it released, but before the 1.0 it seems I used to get much more BP with the same amount of kills, more or less.

I just got 913 BP from my chicken dinner with 3 kills. 810 rank, 60 for the kills and 43 hit points.

ElyrionX

Jan 3, 2018
So I was going to get this game today since I ran out of stuff to do in Destiny 2 except for Iron Banner, Trials and faction rallies but those only happen on the weekends if they aren't delayed into oblivion.

Anyway, I went to get it but I glanced at the steam reviews and I saw that it was filled with almost nothing but people complaining about Chinese hackers and such so I got scared and didn't pull the trigger.

How bad is the problem? And if it is bad then is something being done about it? Is this being talked about in games media? Like, to give the issue more light so that something is done faster I mean.

It's weird because all I ever hear about this game is how it's selling like bonkers and how fun and different it is but never that it is plagued with hackers which I would think people would like to know. I mean, it seems like a lot of people are complaining about it. More than any other multiplayer game I play anyway.

I've never encountered blatant cheating in my 50ish games since I started. I am sure there are some cheaters out there but I am also sure a lot of the complaints come from salty players who are unable to admit that they are just not good enough.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Contemplating whether to get a 144Hz monitor or not. Would you say it's a big deal for this game? I'm not a super-competitive guy, but if it means a huge disadvantage playing at 60 FPS then it'd be nice to upgrade.

I have a GTX 1060 with quad core i5, so even if not 144 FPS I'd get a lot higher framerate with a better monitor.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Man the cheating is fucking out of control

Had two games in a row with cheaters

First one was a top 3 1v1v1, and as soon as we had both killed the 3rd guy the winner (cheater) reloaded, looked straight at me and 3 tapped my head. This was his view:

29E6612B79FEF04F2DDEB7653CC22CB93E3E0D05

Absolute bullshit.

2nd game an idiot about 1.5 km away from the School instakilled me with a 2 tap from an ironsights M4

Pretty mad right now

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How well does this run on low end hardware? I have a surface pro 4 i5 and integrated graphics. Happy to drop the graphics as low as they'll go but will the CPU hold up?

Have a gaming PC too but my son wants to play and I don't let him use my big PC :p

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
How well does this run on low end hardware? I have a surface pro 4 i5 and integrated graphics. Happy to drop the graphics as low as they'll go but will the CPU hold up?

Have a gaming PC too but my son wants to play and I don't let him use my big PC :p

You cant run this game on integrated

Ive tried

Minumum is a 660 2BG, so you could probably get away with a 560 if you play on 800x600 :D

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Contemplating whether to get a 144Hz monitor or not. Would you say it's a big deal for this game? I'm not a super-competitive guy, but if it means a huge disadvantage playing at 60 FPS then it'd be nice to upgrade.

I have a GTX 1060 with quad core i5, so even if not 144 FPS I'd get a lot higher framerate with a better monitor.

Get a high refresh rate monitor regardless of this game. It's the best upgrade outside a new GPU. As to how much of an advantage it'll give you, it depends how good you are. You'll also need lowish settings to get a high enough framerate to make a meaningful difference. Is that sacrifice worth it for the few minutes of engagement over an entire match?

You'll probably find a bigger advantage with a higher resolution. Ability to pick enemies out from distance is a big deal in this game.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
How is this game? I was on the edge of buying it but Steam has a lot of poor reviews.

Marmite, I love it, in fact my favorite FPS in quite a few years. Can be rage inducing, frustrating and lead to lots of swearing at your monitor, and also capable of providing extreme hero moments that'll have you shouting "Fuck Yeah!" at your victims corpses.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Get a high refresh rate monitor regardless of this game. It's the best upgrade outside a new GPU. As to how much of an advantage it'll give you, it depends how good you are. You'll also need lowish settings to get a high enough framerate to make a meaningful difference. Is that sacrifice worth it for the few minutes of engagement over an entire match?

You'll probably find a bigger advantage with a higher resolution. Ability to pick enemies out from distance is a big deal in this game.

Good advice, thanks! Highly leaning towards getting a high-refresh monitor soon.

Man the cheating is fucking out of control

Had two games in a row with cheaters

First one was a top 3 1v1v1, and as soon as we had both killed the 3rd guy the winner (cheater) reloaded, looked straight at me and 3 tapped my head. This was his view:

Absolute bullshit.

2nd game an idiot about 1.5 km away from the School instakilled me with a 2 tap from an ironsights M4

Pretty mad right now

And as per the top post of mine, I'm supplementing my encounter from today, minding my own business, tweaking settings and shit.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, the cheating is pissing me off. All it takes is one person to cheat out of 100 players and the round is ruined. Even in FPP you've got way too many people running no recoil scripts which is really cheesy.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
I've never encountered blatant cheating in my 50ish games since I started. I am sure there are some cheaters out there but I am also sure a lot of the complaints come from salty players who are unable to admit that they are just not good enough.

Yeah sure some people get killed by a good player and get tilted and think they've been hacked, but there's a fuckton of cheaters in this game at the moment. It can greatly depend on what server you're playing on, and what mode you're playing in as to your chances of encountering one. They've already banned 1.5 million accounts for cheating:

Oceania TPP is better than it was around late October/early November, but you'll still see blatant Chinese hackers everyday. FPP is much better though.

V_Ben

Larian Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
St Albans, UK
Has anyone had any issues with the game since that Windows 10 CPU Update thing? Mine refuses to go in-game since the update, and just freezes up my mouse when I try to play now. Really frustrating, hopefully a future patch will fix it.

Tim

Oct 25, 2017
Is it common in the top 10 for people to basically stop heading for the circle and just try to get a couple more kills instead? I usually die way before that, but the last couple of times I've noticed people staying in the blue just to finish me off, only to drop a second or two later.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I play for survival/placement more than kills but I will also bolt for where I think the endgame will be ASAP

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, so there may be some weird server desync issue right now that's causing false positives for hackers.

One streamer yesterday got really confused when he got shot over a full second behind full cover, but there was absolutely nothing suspicious about the other player's movement, aiming, or stats, they just aimed at a spot the streamer wasn't and fired.

Today, another streamer I was watching was playing a squad game, they see a player on the stairs in a 2 story on Erangel, he shoots at him but the other guy doesn't move, they just stand up and down and then get downed. The streamer got confused and finished him, and then the other player shouted NICE CHEATS BRO to his confusion. Then one of his squadmates suddenly said "Wait... were you shooting at a person? There was nobody on the stairs on my screen." The other player was in a completely different spot but somehow got rendered in the wrong spot for another player, and since it's client side hit detection the shots registered.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't encountered any hackers until today, but now I've just had 3 in a row in squads. Wallhacks, no damage from blue, insta-rez of teammates.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed people staying in the blue just to finish me off, only to drop a second or two later.
Thats why those people never win. Only time that should be done is if you are on the short side and right next to the new circle. Or if you know you wont make it so you injure/kill as many people to take them down with you.

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Got 6th place in my first game. Although I didn't kill anyone and was shot from afar while escaping the blue circle. I was at a big disadvantage at the end because everyone else had scopes and I did not. Will have to prioritize getting one of those next time.

Fun though! Got a quasi-horror vibe from it haha.

Oh I also almost killed myself part way through because I tried to leave a vehicle while it was still moving.

OP
OP
Overdoziz

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it common in the top 10 for people to basically stop heading for the circle and just try to get a couple more kills instead? I usually die way before that, but the last couple of times I've noticed people staying in the blue just to finish me off, only to drop a second or two later.
If you're ahead of me, I am gonna die most likely. So fuck it I am gonna kill you as well.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017

I've done it quite a few times when I've been pinned down and it's either die in the blue or get killed by someone who is there already and waiting for me. I'm dead anyways so I'm taking someone down with me. Preferably whoever has pinned me down, but if not, fuck whoever it is. 20BP.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Welp, another 20 minutes wasted to a hacker. Who is prone 800 meters away firing through a mountain.

Literally 20-25% of games I'm coming across hackers now, and that's just the blatant ones.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
vW6QksM.jpg

- lvl 3'd out of my mind
- fully kitted out SCAR
- AWM with 8x
- Meds for days
- 7 kills in military base which I presumed empty by then

And this guy sits there for 3 minutes... This game!

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I bought it around June, but I really suck at this game. I don't know the good drop-off points and I lose most gun fights. Best I ever did was getting #8 in solo and being on the 2nd best squad once.
I really wanna love it, but where to start.... are there good tutorial channels for PUBG that are up-to-date with the 1.0 changes?

Also, any 970 users here? What are your settings for smooth 1080p60? High settings cause drops under 60 for me. (i7-4790K and 16GB 2400MHz RAM)