• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
TheMoon, missed that post [and am chuckling at your edit now I have found it]. I wonder if maybe you should leave redacted claims in the OT OP but struck through with a note regarding the redaction to make it clearer for inattentive folk like me and those who simply don't have the time to scan the lengthy thread.

Hopefully it'll get done regardless.
Hmm I might do that in the future for short-notice cancellations of claims!

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Bleh, I just learned a hard lesson about trusting tree rendering distances on Erangel. I blindly shot as he passed behind the leaves of a tree in front and hit near him, the more finely rendered leaves on his end let him see my window perfectly.

Anyway, I followed that up with a seven kill game where I at least died due to understandable reasons (I poked out too much and didn't realize the guy who had been tearing up the killfeed was still hanging back watching the same spot I was... until he turned), so thats fine.

I did have a game where I froze up/crashed twice. The first time it resulted in an ADS glitch where at first I thought my gun was hitting a wall, but instead my head was lowering itself into my chest, which is why I couldn't see where my gun was actually aiming (it fixed itself by switching guns). Then right after the second crash I was stuck in the blue with zero boosters (I had searched three or four compounds) and the second I stepped forward a guy shot me.

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
I could throw a quick OT together. Any idea on titles?

I'm rubbish at this but I'll throw a few obvious ones in the ring:

PLAYER UNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS | Release OT | GOTY Edition
PLAYER UNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS | Release OT | Praise Brendan
PLAYER UNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS | Release OT | THIS is the run
PLAYER UNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS | Release OT | ERAngel goes to Miramar

And one for any EG/Platform32 fans:

PLAYER UNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS | Release OT | YOU'RE a level 2 helmet

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
There's a countdown on the Steam store, it releases in 26 hours according to that, so 11pm PST on December 20th.

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Really hope the rubberbanding at the start of matches is gone once this is live, because I've died so many times at the start of matches due to not being able to get to the gun two feet in front of me before someone else.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Cheater are killing the game for me right now. Seems like we have a chinese cheater every other game.

Hopefully there's a region lock coming. Like it is now, it's just too damn frustrating.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
4 Games today - 4 times we (4 squad) get killed within a second from the same person, all instant headshots when we had the drop on them. Everyone chinese from their name. End of game stats reveal that the first 4 teams are all chinese. European server.

Sucks all the fun out of the game. It was never this bad for us.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
4 Games today - 4 times we (4 squad) get killed within a second from the same person, all instant headshots when we had the drop on them. Everyone chinese from their name. End of game stats reveal that the first 4 teams are all chinese. European server.

Sucks all the fun out of the game. It was never this bad for us.
I'm gonna miss the test server. A lot of those users stuck with the default game client, so I wasn't always going up against crazy vpns/pings. I do hope they add in a ping limit soon. It really sucks the fun out for me.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a weird ass bug on test where it kept bring up the "how many to drop" box when I tried to drag stuff with cursor, or even when I tried to drag my frag grenades onto my grenade slot.

Then I died being unable to strafe left for some reason, I kept moving forward.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Oh why can't they just update the ground texture in the lobby. It looks like something from a N64 game.

Oct 26, 2017
Just got the game and almost got a chicken dinner my first try somehow, made it to fourth. I feel like i could've done better if I was used to the controls, I only died because I couldn't get my guy to start sprinting once the zone starting confining. Fun game though, I hope they patch up some performance issues soon.