• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This is what I am like every time i see the game's title
xBmbOcq.gif

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
This is a massive GDPR violation. Like, potentially tens of millions of dollars in fines level massive.

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this gets fixed quickly. Having your info out there like that is terrifying.

Also, I think I've gotten more entertainment out of this game than I thought possible for having not played it.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this gets fixed quickly. Having your info out there like that is terrifying.

Also, I think I've gotten more entertainment out of this game than I thought possible for having not played it.
According to the Community manager in the linked Bethesda forums, "Hi guys, we've resolved this issue." so hopefully it's all been shut to everyone who shouldn't have that information.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
At this point it's a running gag or a viral campaign, we're beyond trainwreck

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah bethesda should have its own launcher. Just gotta wait for the models to come fix it

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
The post-launch content for this game is truly astounding.

I'm getting my moneys worth, and I haven't even bought it.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
What is even better:
There is a thread on the Bethesda message board, which got "locked" by a community manager, but users can still reply in that thread.
It's amazing https://bethesda.net/community/topi...g-your-personnal-informations-through-tickets

EDIT
The community manager just edited the post, so that the thread locked message isn't there anymore.

I'm going through a bizarre cringe-ception right now.

I bet Bethesda wishes they could snap this game out of existence.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Like just when you think something worse can't happen surrounding this game, it does, ..it's like something straight out of a movie.
Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see Fallout 76 win the award for "Best Ongoing Trainwreck" tomorrow night.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
there's some employee at bethesda who was looking at their planned CE like 8 months ago and was all "y'know, this helmet could use a case or a bag or whatever that they could reuse for something else" and everyone else in the room nodded and wrote down "bag"

that person will never suggest anything ever again

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I am very sorry for the people involved, but on the other hand I don't think any other game has provided so much entertainment to me without even buying it. They keep outdoing themselves every few days, bravo. The Monty Python would be proud.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, their Customer Support site is buggy too. I'm unistalling the Bethesda launcher (I forget why I have it) just in case it's exploitable as a backdoor to my PC ;)

Oct 30, 2017
It's amazing to see 'tone-deafness' as a concept explored this far and wide by a company. There are clearly no cultural adults at the wheel so you have to wonder what's next.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
MoviePass did something similar. When they sent out e-mail invites for their beta app, they didn't blind carbon copy the recipients... so everyone could see everyone else's e-mail address who signed up for the beta. Nothing was ever done about it.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Bethsda taking L's like nobody's business. How does this even happen?

People's home addresses and shit? Bethesda unintentionally doxing those foolish enough to pay a lot of money for 76.