• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 29, 2022
FR_wchJWUAAK4yA

Announcement Tweet

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
While this is really dope they should be spending all energy towards Dying Light 2, its a worse game and I think they know it so they do not want to let 1 die off.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The following is a fun expansion with the buggy. If you like the parkour from the base game, it's less that because of the buggy but it's still enjoyable.

Kastanjemanden

alt account
Banned
Jan 23, 2022
While this is really dope they should be spending all energy towards Dying Light 2, its a worse game and I think they know it so they do not want to let 1 die off.

How does support for this game indicate that they're not working on DL2?

It's the same tired arguments that somehow GTA VI isn't being made because they're working on GTA V.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Come on... this is a cool gesture for users that wont exactly take the main dev team away from the sequel. I get people being annoyed and wanting 2 fixed up for whatever issues it may have, but complaining and making this out to be some sort of negative is just complaining for complaints sake...

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
They are spending time on 2. They're currently working on DLC.
That's good to know, the game still has lots of bugs at least in coop so hopefully they continue working on that as well. Plus so many quests have terrible rewards, and the games weapons are are generally boring. I do hope the dlc and further updates fix that eventually.
How does support for this game indicate that they're not working on DL2?

It's the same tired arguments that somehow GTA VI isn't being made because they're working on GTA V.
I never said anything you mentioned, I said I wish they focused "all" energy meaning end DL1 support and moved everyone towards 2, the fact that they keep supporting the player base of 1 with new content to keep them playing means they know that the DL1 player base isnt moving on to 2 like I imagine they hoped.

Jul 26, 2018
Ok ok, I'll buy the sequel. They've been spoiling owners of the first game.
It's quite nice when a dev devices to start giving away the paid extras after the game is well in its life cycle. Even more so for games with a MP components since this helps normalize the content across the player base. I tend to buy additional content for the games I like, but things like this are always appreciated.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Come on... this is a cool gesture for users that wont exactly take the main dev team away from the sequel. I get people being annoyed and wanting 2 fixed up for whatever issues it may have, but complaining and making this out to be some sort of negative is just complaining for complaints sake...
I'm not complaining and literally said its dope they did this, all I said was in my opinion they need to have all hands on deck for DL2 and end support for 1 already. They're doing this to support DL1 further because people haven't moved to DL2, they should get 2 to a place where people want to move onto it

Jul 26, 2018
Yeah, I read in 4chan that the development of future content for DL2 suffered from an irreversible setback when they decided that every employee halted their work completely, and possibly deleted their C: folder, to laboriously coordinate this free update. Completely illegal IMO, despicable and I hope Phil Spencer will terminate the digital distribution of games produced by this studio.

/s, or more like :/

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Yeah, I read in 4chan that the development of future content for DL2 suffered from an irreversible setback when they decided that every employee halted their work completely, and possibly deleted their C: folder, to laboriously coordinate this free update. Completely illegal IMO, despicable and I hope Phil Spencer will terminate the digital distribution of games produced by this studio.

/s, or more like :/
This is dumb as shit

PunkSxE

Banned
Apr 9, 2020
It's great to see this game still get support so many years later. One of the best zombie games ever, hands down.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So is it free now? I installed the game (Regular physical copy, Series X) and the store still asks me to buy it

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
So is it free now? I installed the game (Regular physical copy, Series X) and the store still asks me to buy it
From their Twitter you need to download it from within the game in the "DLC Packs" menu.

The switch version got another patch with additional performance improvements too, excited to check that out and see how it is.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
From their Twitter you need to download it from within the game in the "DLC Packs" menu.

The switch version got another patch with additional performance improvements too, excited to check that out and see how it is.

I am - it still says "Buy" and when I click it the store still says it costs money.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Obviously free stuff cool but bummer it doesn't include the Hellraid stuff. I was mildly interested in that but not enough to spend money.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Oh wow, that's very cool of them! Looking forward to reinstalling on PS5 once I've got some space (both physically and mentally) for an open world game.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum edition is $14.99 on the PlayStation Store right now in case anyone is looking for it cheap.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is a great move and I'm so impressed with the long tail support of Dying Light 1. I think it's one of the oldest games to receive a next-gen patch - the only one I could find older was R6 Siege.

This level of support also bodes well for DL2 and will help increase sales and support there.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I were to get a Platinum Steam key, now, does anyone know if I would get the Definitive Edition or would I be stuck with a non-upgradable Platinum Edition?