• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
can we get movie Wesker in MHW?

original.gif

UnfinishedTenderChinchilla-size_restricted.gif
Looks like I picked the right time to stop watching these movies

GOOD LORD

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Looks a million times more interesting than the steaming pile of shit they seem to be calling a movie...

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of one's thoughts towards the movie and Paul WS Anderson, this is free and cool.

Can they introduce Gore Magala into World through this?
The first quest is against a Black Diablos, the second is against an oversized Rathalos, so it's basically confirmed there are no new monsters.

The devs were also pretty clear Fatalis would be the last one.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, it's hard to get excited for a collaboration like this when it looks like it's just fighting Black Diablos for the umpteenth time, and I don't think there's anything to suggest that there's going to be a surprise new monster added to the game. I know the Witcher 3 collaboration took folks by surprise when they added Leshen/Ancient Leshen to the game, but I don't think any of the leaks for the movie have mentioned anything that the game doesn't already have besides Gore Magala or Nerscylla, and it for sure wouldn't be the latter due to the skeleton issues.
Honestly, that's most crossover event quests in Monster Hunter. Fight an existing monster (sometimes a giant or tiny version, like the giant Rathalos here) for some unique armor or weapon.

This isn't meant to be on the same scale as the Witcher or Final Fantasy collaborations.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This is unfortunate. I'm still dissapointed to see Milla and her husband involved with any Capcom properties after the harm Anderson has caused.

Honestly, that's most crossover event quests in Monster Hunter. Fight an existing monster (sometimes a giant or tiny version, like the giant Rathalos here) for some unique armor or weapon.

This isn't meant to be on the same scale as the Witcher or Final Fantasy collaborations.
You can still get pretty creative with the way you try to adapt certain elements of the collaborations. I'm thinking right back to the G-rank Metroid quest in 4U and having Yian Garuga fill in for Ridley was already good enough, but to have him resurrect into Frenzy mode was such a clever way to making it feel more authentic to the series it represents. And it's not even a bygone thing since there's the RE collaboration in Iceborne that did really well to incorporate elements of that game with the quest-specific zombie status. You're not wrong that most collaborations do wind up being "kill this thing and maybe there's different music?" but some do genuinely try.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty sure Capcom legitimately loves Anderson's work

For as goofy as they are, they're also extremely successful. The "final" entry in the movie series grossed over 300m, and was the highest grossing entry. I'm sure to some extent that exposure had some that saw the movie also check out the games.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You can still get pretty creative with the way you try to adapt certain elements of the collaborations. I'm thinking right back to the G-rank Metroid quest in 4U and having Yian Garuga fill in for Ridley was already good enough, but to have him resurrect into Frenzy mode was such a clever way to making it feel more authentic to the series it represents. You're not wrong that most collaborations do wind up being "kill this thing and maybe there's different music?" but some do genuinely try.
I mean, that's how all Frenzy monsters work. :P It's a great reference, but it's still just a gold crown Frenzy Garuga in the arena.

I think the Chocobo Kulu Ya-Ku is easily the one that changed the most, but that was part of one of the bigger collaborations so it might not count.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
This would be so wild, but I doubt it will happen.
I think the ship has long since sailed on Gore in World, especially with the quests here targeting monsters you've already fought a bajillion of already. Better to hope to see him reappear in Rise.
Regardless of one's thoughts towards the movie and Paul WS Anderson, this is free and cool.

The first quest is against a Black Diablos, the second is against an oversized Rathalos, so it's basically confirmed there are no new monsters.

The devs were also pretty clear Fatalis would be the last one.

I know I know, but it would be crazy if it did lol

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
Better to hope to see him reappear in Rise.
Hopefully all of the flagships that didn't appear in World will have their chance in Rise. Flagships, being the very popular monsters that they are, usually aren't left out for more than one game a generation. Only time this happened was with Kushala, who wasn't in any 3rd Gen game(Tri, Portable 3rd, 3U). If I remember correctly, Narga returned in both Portable 3rd and 3U, while Tigrex was only featured in Portable 3rd.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I can't really complain because I genuinely though AT Velkhana was the last update we'd get so it's not like this is taking away anything. Even if it is a huge ad.

Fuck it I'll probably do it even though I'll never use any of the gear from it.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

This is comedy gold though.

this is so bad its actually amazing. All i remember from that movie is this scene and how almost every single action scene was specifically done in a way to showcase 3d effects. It felt more like a tech demo than an actual movie. I like how they incorporated Wesker throwing his shades from RE5 into this - of all the things they could have... they picked that singular moment. So good lmao