• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how well these free weekends go for developers. Like how many sales do they get from people who try the game and get hooked enough to buy the full game?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Oh snap, I'd want to mess around with the Switch version (but filesize might be an issue.)

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
I swear to god, everytime I see "MK11" I think "Mario Kart 11" and my brain freezes for a second, part confused, part angry at having missed the 9th and 10th entries.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this trial will be available on all platforms. The press release only mention PS4 and Xbox One.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios will be offering a Free Trial Weekend for Mortal Kombat 11 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from Oct. 11-14. With new downloadable content (DLC) fighters and various updates available, this is the perfect time to jump into Mortal Kombat 11, the No. 1 selling console game in the U.S. year-to-date*.

During the Mortal Kombat 11 Free Trial Weekend, players will have access to the following content:
  • All multiplayer game modes
  • First two chapters of the cinematic Story mode
  • Full base game roster of iconic characters
  • Preview of recently added Kombat Pack fighters within the Towers of Time mode, including the Terminator T-800 from the upcoming Skydance and Paramount Pictures film, "Terminator: Dark Fate," along with Nightwolf and Shang Tsung
Please note, a PlayStation Plus subscription or Xbox Live Gold membership is required to participate in online multiplayer matches during the Free Trial Weekend. These subscriptions are not required to download the trial or enjoy single player content. Player progress will also carry over to the full game, if purchased, and as an added bonus, all versions of Mortal Kombat 11 will be 40 percent off in the PlayStation Store and the Xbox Marketplace during the Free Trial window, including the Standard Edition, Premium Edition and standalone Kombat Pack.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any countdown for this?
My internet speed is so low and want to start downloading it as soon as possible!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, what people that already own the game, will they be able to play with the new DLC characters as well in that time frame?

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense to only do PS4 AND XB1, the Switcg verison would actively push people away.

Good they're doing this I guess but the Switch version sucks still.

Dec 15, 2017
This 2nd class citizen treatment was brought to you by Netherrealm studios. Netherrealm: "We couldn't care less about PC gaming"

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
I'll check it out, but I've heard it's a grind fest loaded with microtransactions.
Is not. Granted, grinding could be an issue if you play wanting to unlock that one specific piece of gear or skin yeah, especially because some are tied to specific modes during specific times.

But in general, you will be earning stuff left and right.

Microtransactions are relatively tame all things considered. Time crystals to get some specific stuff from the Premiere Store which rotate every 24 hours (stuff that can also be earned playing the game) or Easy Fatality Token, both are also earned by playing the game.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When's NRS going to stop treating PC users like second-class citizens?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I might try it, but I usually play skill based fighters

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
The trial is available for download on the EU PS store now.
Also, the 40% discount is in effect until the 1st of November.