• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eriol

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
If you guysliterally have read the OP, or the blog post, they said, theyre rolling out the free trial for 2 months in the next 48 hours, so just check it later jeez

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
For Chromecast users:

With increased demand due to more people at home during this time, we're taking a responsible approach to internet traffic. For Stadia, we've always adjusted bandwidth use based on a variety of in-home and local internet factors. To reduce load on the internet further, we're working toward a temporary feature that changes the default screen resolution from 4k to 1080p. The vast majority of people on a desktop or laptop won't notice a significant drop in gameplay quality, but you can choose your data usage options in the Stadia app.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Trolling; Drive-by posting
At this point, they'd have to pay me to use it and they should cover my internet costs too.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'll try it, purely to see how well it works. No chance I'm actually buying anything on there though.

Oct 29, 2017
Lol, complaining about a free fucking subscription...

I was just thinking the same. It's the cool thing to hate Stadia and some people love to be in the cool gang. But not even trying it for free feels like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

That or people are acting cool on here but are actually waiting for the sign up so they can play on the down low.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people feel the need to post in a topic to say they are not interested in it?

and by "a topic" I mean exclusively Stadia threads?

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
If you're new, playing on Stadia is simple:

• Go to Stadia.com to sign up
  • Invite codes to roll out over next 48 hours

That's exactly the problem. There is no way to sign up through this page. The only option available is the one that requires a code, or a link to purchase the Premiere edition

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
If you guysliterally have read the OP, or the blog post, they said, theyre rolling out the free trial for 2 months in the next 48 hours, so just check it later jeez
People don't read anything in Stadia threads, they just shitpost. I don't know why I'm shocked people are shit-talking getting to play this for free, but here we are.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Protip for anyone, like me, who had a Pro sub and canceled: To resub go to a Pro game you haven't claimed and try to claim it, it'll ask you to resub and show the 2 months free.

Stadia free version rollout

tomwarren

Senior Editor, The Verge
Verified
Apr 18, 2018
Just to be clear, this isn't just a two-month trial of Stadia Pro it's the full Stadia free tier launch. "Access to Stadia is now free for anybody with a Gmail address," says Google. This is also rolling out over a 48-hour period to different regions, so Stadia free might not be immediately available to everyone right now.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, complaining about a free fucking subscription...

I don't know if you know this, but free games are everywhere these days. The Epic Game store gives'em away weekly. If you are an Amazon Prime subscriber, you get them through Twitch as well. The biggest games in the world are free (Fortnite, LoL, etc.). What's not free is time. So yeah, it makes sense to criticize a free service when their offering is as anemic as Stadia's. There's plenty of competition out there for "free".

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep forgetting you have to buy the games to play them. I was thinking it's a no-brainer that I should go ahead and give this a shot, but I don't see a game I'm highly interested in playing there (among the free ones)

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, this isn't just a two-month trial of Stadia Pro it's the full Stadia free tier launch. "Access to Stadia is now free for anybody with a Gmail address," says Google. This is also rolling out over a 48-hour period to different regions, so Stadia free might not be immediately available to everyone right now.
Thanks,
Had no idea this was the rollout of the free version as well.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Despite the lack of games I do like the ease of use of service. They do need to support Android TV on Bravias though so I can play it there.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Sucks that the post says just to go on and sign up but you can't even do that. I've been wanting to try stadia for a while now and id like to atleast claim a username, I'll keep an eye out for a code I guess

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Why do people feel the need to post in a topic to say they are not interested in it?

and by "a topic" I mean exclusively Stadia threads?
People don't read anything in Stadia threads, they just shitpost. I don't know why I'm shocked people are shit-talking getting to play this for free, but here we are.

People read the thread, read the blog post, and followed the directions in an attempt to sign up for two months of free pro for new members.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to try but don't have Bluetooth controller, or way to stream on tv. No point to use on pc

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the lack of games I do like the ease of use of service. They do need to support Android TV on Bravias though so I can play it there.
Jumping from Divison 2 on my PC to TV to phone at while without losing a bear I work from home has been amazing...eery theme due to current situation aside

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
It's so stupid to announce this, tell people to go somewhere then it's not ready. So they had my attention and I can't do anything. Will I remember to keep randomly checking, I dunno.

They continually mess very simple things up.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
sorry if asked, but i will not be able to play this on tv with chromecast ultra, without having a stadia controller right?

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
•Destiny 2: The Collection
•GRID
•Gylt
•SteamWorld Dig 2
•SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
•Serious Sam Collection
•Spitlings
•Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks)
•Thumper

Thats weak and I don't feel like investing in Googles latest venture

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll try it, but man, that list of games after all this time....wtf

EDIT: I see there is a list of 38 games for purchase...eh, I'll try the free stuff first. Not sold on the longevity of the platform.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
"People" should read the blog post more carefully and not freak out for a slight inconvenience. End of first paragraph:

No one is "freaking out". People were interested, and then disappointed.

Google made an announcement, and then directed people to a site that's not ready for business. As I said before, it's unprofessional.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
This is almost every thread, regardless of topic, sadly.
I'm here daily and while exclusive is extreme, I do not see the phenomenon of going into any topic to say how much you are not interested in said topic...because who would actually care? We are all anonymous people posting on a forum, if you post it should be to add to the discussion?